Turn Meter Penalty?

Can you help - I've been playing for years and over the years picked up the "wisdom" that loosing an attack in Territory War "gives your opponent TM". However I'm not sure if this is true or not as I've never seen it writen anywhere official. Is that just on that one battle or does it effect TM across the attack?

I've heard the same thing said for the Championship as well but again can't see it written anywhere. Is this just SWGOH folk law or is it a thing. If this sounds really dumb to you please don't make me feel really dumb in your reply as I'm genuinely confused and have tried to find the answer in a number of places.

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yes it's true. Usually better to retreat, unless you've done significant damage, such as killing the leader.
  • Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes you're right. It basically saves the battle at the point your last toon died or the battle timed out. It's not just turn meter that is effected but their cooldowns as well. As CCyrilS has said, sometimes it's better to retreat if you just got completely overmatched. Sometimes it's good to just let the battle end if you know they've used up their ability cooldowns and the next match could go easier because of it. With really tough teams, people sometimes bring in a squad to make the opponent use up their cooldowns and then just let the timer reach 0.
  • Thanks guys that makes sense - I was understanding it as a kind of penalty inflicted by the game for losing whereas as you're both describing it it's a function of the battle starting from where you were defeated - with TM ticking and cooldowns heating up etc.. Thanks for taking the time to help and offering a solution too! - much appreciated.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Sometimes it’s a good thing like if opponent has a better drev squad, you send in a burner team to eat the fear etc, then your next team can win. You lose banners but if you can’t clear it otherwise it’s smart
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • That's really helpful advice - thanks! I see how that could work well.