Stormtrooper Han nerf

Let me start by saying that Stormtrooper Han appears to be a well balanced and solid character for any squad, however, there is a big concern I have with his Bluff ability when maxed, especially when facing a squad of superior strength. Stormtrooper Han quite simply is an unable to be killed when facing off against a squad like a Geonosian squad. I just finished a squad arena, and fought a squad with Admiral Ackbar, Yoda, Barriss Offee, Stormtrooper Han, and Princess Leia (not Hoth). All of which I assume to have been maxed. I was able to quickly and easily dispatch every single character. However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him. Never once breaking the threshold of his protection pool. Despite the brood alpha leading my squad, despite blocking all of his abilities, blinding, staggering, knocking down offense and exposing then striking with silent strike or the Brute’s staff strike, nothing worked. He gained his protection back at an alarming rate. For 3:30 I fought one single Stormtrooper Han with a maxed out and high gear Geonosian squad which should have been able to quickly dispatch him. I don’t believe any single character should be able to take on an entire squad, not damage any of them, and survive. The idea that either Stormtrooper Han is so powerful as to single handedly best an entire Geonosian squad undamaged despite the large blows being made either speaks to his bluff ability needing a rework to rebalance his overwhelmingly powerful tank status, or a rework needs to be done on the Geonosian characters which either further increases their dmg synergy, or allows for one of the characters (perhaps the Geonosian Spy or Soldier) to inflict health block. It’s the only way that this character won’t come across as invincible to an opposing Geonosian squad. The only other thing I can think of in terms of how to balance Stormtrooper Han would be to make his Bluff ability only active while other squad members are alive. If the entire squad is killed, then his unique bluff ability will either be reduced, or deactivated upon defeat of the rest of the squad.

Replies

  • So when you say they were maxed, do you mean that someone actually brought a team consisting of Akbar, leia, StH, Barriss and Yoda to Relic7? Yoda and possibly Stormtrooper Han I can understand but the rest?
  • However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him.

    Were you up against a R7 ST Han or something? Because that much damage would 1 shot anything less than an R7 Han.
  • Stormtrooper han is goat.
  • Stokat wrote: »
    So when you say they were maxed, do you mean that someone actually brought a team consisting of Akbar, leia, StH, Barriss and Yoda to Relic7? Yoda and possibly Stormtrooper Han I can understand but the rest?

    My apologies. By “maxed” I am referring to at least gear level 13+, maxed abilities, maxed mods, etc. As for his relic # I’m not sure
  • Stick
    630 posts Member
    However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him.

    Were you up against a R7 ST Han or something? Because that much damage would 1 shot anything less than an R7 Han.

    Well , first he obviously doesn’t know the damage , because his number was between 100 &175 k. If his protection is over 100k , with all the assists he’s recovering 5% protection each.
    I think we need a video of what happened.
  • Stick wrote: »
    However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him.

    Were you up against a R7 ST Han or something? Because that much damage would 1 shot anything less than an R7 Han.

    Well , first he obviously doesn’t know the damage , because his number was between 100 &175 k. If his protection is over 100k , with all the assists he’s recovering 5% protection each.
    I think we need a video of what happened.

    My damage example was a broad overview of the general dmg my Spy was dealing per hit with Silent strike. Also dealing around 10-11k per basic. Dmg varies between those numbers over the course of several strikes
  • He doesn't need to be nerfed. You need to pick a better counter team. It's really that simple.
    Do or Do not.

    DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Stick wrote: »
    However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him.

    Were you up against a R7 ST Han or something? Because that much damage would 1 shot anything less than an R7 Han.

    Well , first he obviously doesn’t know the damage , because his number was between 100 &175 k. If his protection is over 100k , with all the assists he’s recovering 5% protection each.
    I think we need a video of what happened.

    My damage example was a broad overview of the general dmg my Spy was dealing per hit with Silent strike. Also dealing around 10-11k per basic. Dmg varies between those numbers over the course of several strikes
    Ok. Well what was the hans protection at
  • He doesn't need to be nerfed. You need to pick a better counter team. It's really that simple.

    I understand the concept of counter teams. My point is that a counter team should be countering a team. If my team can beat the entirety of your team short one guy who is not killable, then I don’t need a team to counter yours. I need a team to counter an unbalanced character on your team.

    Their team was not a problem. In fact all in all, it was weaker synergistically than most I come across. However, this particular character shouldn’t be able to combat an entire squad of superior strength and beat them. The logic there doesn’t make sense. Yes I’m aware Enfys Nest, Stormtrooper Han, and others all do the same thing with protection up.

    I’m also aware that Darth Nihilus is completely invincible to Geo squads because of his ability to gain protection per buff and such. My point in lies that no single character in the game should be able to self heal passively to the extent that they become unkillable to a full squad regardless of who they are.

    Yes, if your character is far more powerful and can put dmg or self heal through an actual ability, that’s one thing. But to passively heal with no way to block it is nuts when it’s done at a rate that should not remotely surpass the dmg you’re dishing out. Again, I was hitting him with a 100k -175k strike from my spy every time I used his special.

  • Stick wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »
    However, Stormtrooper Han, despite strikes against him dealing well over 100-175k dmg from a single blow from my Geonosian spy, dealt no lasting dmg to him.

    Were you up against a R7 ST Han or something? Because that much damage would 1 shot anything less than an R7 Han.

    Well , first he obviously doesn’t know the damage , because his number was between 100 &175 k. If his protection is over 100k , with all the assists he’s recovering 5% protection each.
    I think we need a video of what happened.

    My damage example was a broad overview of the general dmg my Spy was dealing per hit with Silent strike. Also dealing around 10-11k per basic. Dmg varies between those numbers over the course of several strikes
    Ok. Well what was the hans protection at

    His protection would be near empty after the silent strike hit. Then when I’d attack with a series of large attacks following it, his protection would refill faster than the dmg was being dealt
  • That was real hard to read since it was a big block of text with no spacing, so admittedly I couldn't get through all of it. But essentially, no, Stormtrooper Han does not need to be nerfed. There will come a time when you won't ever even see him in game because the character just isn't that great. If you are using teams that struggle against him, then switch teams because he is by no means an elite, flawless character.
  • He doesn't need to be nerfed. You need to pick a better counter team. It's really that simple.

    I understand the concept of counter teams. My point is that a counter team should be countering a team. If my team can beat the entirety of your team short one guy who is not killable, then I don’t need a team to counter yours. I need a team to counter an unbalanced character on your team.

    Their team was not a problem. In fact all in all, it was weaker synergistically than most I come across. However, this particular character shouldn’t be able to combat an entire squad of superior strength and beat them. The logic there doesn’t make sense. Yes I’m aware Enfys Nest, Stormtrooper Han, and others all do the same thing with protection up.

    I’m also aware that Darth Nihilus is completely invincible to Geo squads because of his ability to gain protection per buff and such. My point in lies that no single character in the game should be able to self heal passively to the extent that they become unkillable to a full squad regardless of who they are.

    Yes, if your character is far more powerful and can put dmg or self heal through an actual ability, that’s one thing. But to passively heal with no way to block it is nuts when it’s done at a rate that should not remotely surpass the dmg you’re dishing out. Again, I was hitting him with a 100k -175k strike from my spy every time I used his special.

    So you are aware of the fact that some character perform very well against certain teams, but rather than use the right team for the job you would rather the devs nerf characters?

    It sounds to me like you either need to improve your team or your strategy. Just because you can kill everyone else first, doesn't mean you should.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • im confused how is he not dying? he should be losing protection over time. yes he gains it back but its not like nest or KRU. he gets 5% protection so spy hitting him for 175k should be hitting through protection and his health a little bit, and from there he could die without lifesteal since he doesnt recover HP like nest/KRU.

    video/real stats would be helpful
  • So the top ST Han in the game for protection has 125k. 5% of that is 6.25k.... so either your relic Geos were hitting for less than 6.25k per hit, which would refill his protection, or.... I don't know. This sounds utterly implausible.
  • So the top ST Han in the game for protection has 125k. 5% of that is 6.25k.... so either your relic Geos were hitting for less than 6.25k per hit, which would refill his protection, or.... I don't know. This sounds utterly implausible.

    Yes exactly. Thanks for the number. So your geos aren’t hitting hard enough. He’s healing 30% of his own protection Max per set of geo attacks. And your geos aren’t putting that damage out. So that’s the end of it. Lots of characters can solo teams. This isn’t a particularly bad example.
    Skywalker
    Luke
    Nest
    Wampa
    Malak
    All are more frustrating.
  • I’m also confused by your statement about Nihilis. I don’t see anything in the kit that would make him invincible against Geos, unless I’m missing something
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I’m also confused by your statement about Nihilis. I don’t see anything in the kit that would make him invincible against Geos, unless I’m missing something

    If Traya and/or Sion are present, DN gets +30% max health (stacking) whenever a debuff is applied to them. So after a couple rounds of assists on Sion, DN just has a massive health pool. My DN is G9 or G10 and can withstand a fairly decent onslaught in Geo DSTB just because of the stacking. I'm sure taking him and the rest of the triumvirate up higher would make him really beefy after a couple rounds against Geos.
  • Ok. That makes more sense than what the op said.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    I’m also confused by your statement about Nihilis. I don’t see anything in the kit that would make him invincible against Geos, unless I’m missing something

    If Traya and/or Sion are present, DN gets +30% max health (stacking) whenever a debuff is applied to them. So after a couple rounds of assists on Sion, DN just has a massive health pool. My DN is G9 or G10 and can withstand a fairly decent onslaught in Geo DSTB just because of the stacking. I'm sure taking him and the rest of the triumvirate up higher would make him really beefy after a couple rounds against Geos.

    Also him absorbing max health from annihilate. Geos just suck **** against traya team
  • Have you tried using an actual rebel counter team to beat rebels?

    Have u considered that geos may not be the best counter to rebels?

    Couple thinks to consider before arguing for nerfs
  • This thread has been Forum’d
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    This thread has been Forum’d

    To be fair, it started out that way.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Nadebotfm
    499 posts Member
    edited January 30
    wait until you see this lol



  • That’s interesting, but it seems like he played pretty poorly in those matches and had seriously under geared opponents vs the STHan team.
  • Traya Sion and Nihilus could eat that team
Sign In or Register to comment.