Most powerful abilities lvl 80?

Prev1
Akster
571 posts Member
edited March 2016
Thoughts? ive heard Qui speed leader applies to ANYONE at 80, you never know you could make darth maul fast enough to do something. Still unlikely. Although, im thinking putting darth maul, royal guard, luminara, qui gon and yoda on my arena team could be amazing.

Another massive boost is to Ima gun di, with +25% counter damage, which would make counter jedi teams much much more powerful, although ima gundis counter chance increase is now completely useless on Secura since she goes to 100% counter chance.

What abilities have you seen that really get a ridiculous boost at 80?
Post edited by Akster on

Replies

• In current meta QGJ's leader ability is really in top. But the most discussed one is the special of GS with its 1 turn cooldown.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    If you can keep GS alive long enough to use his ability over and over. At the moment I never see a arena team where GS can do anything outside of his first attack, taunts to protect him are dealt with by Qui.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Lumi gets -1 cooldown to her heal and her Force Push, Eeth gets 15% Force Push damage, Ventress gives 28 speed, Qui-Gon gets extra turn meter removal on basic plus heal on humbling blow, Barriss gets +15% damage on her basic. These things jumped out at me.

I am curious what Eeth's basic attack upgrade does. It states a +15% harmful effect chance, but it does not have a base percentage listed.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Luminaras healing and force push are definately huge power increases, she is already amazing but that skill cooldown.

Eeth, eh no one uses him anyway, going to need something seriously more powerufl than that.
    Asaij could be really dangerous against my team, with the crazy amounts of buffs, speed still only tribal though.
    Qui never seems to use his basic attack since they are fairly low cooldown anyway, but if people start using more tanky characters especially with the defense usefulness increase that could change fast.
    Bariss is never used atm, and 15% damage increase is very minor, especially when other characters get the same boosts to their damage, for example darth gets 15% more damage on his AoE, which is then still doubled against jedi, plus 100% chance to get offense up once he kills with his basic attack.

Team with darth maul would be so tempting, if only i could get a taunt up for him before GS oneshots him. darn you GS!!!!
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I disagree about Barriss. She is essential for GW completion, and extra damage shores up her weakness a bit.
    I disagree about Eeth. He is a sleeper, and that Force Push damage is already pretty good, plus it has a really reliable stun.
    I think you glossed over the bit where Qui-Gon gets a HEAL.
    I think you are underestimating a basic that can both add and remove turn meter.
    Basics are what they use to Assist others, so they get used more often than you stated.

Have fun 7* your Vader, let me know how it goes.
  • Everybody calm down, the (supposed) speed buff to all allies only happens when GQJ reaches level 82, nothing happens for the next (again supposed) update.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Everybody calm down, the (supposed) speed buff to all allies only happens when GQJ reaches level 82, nothing happens for the next (again supposed) update.

It dosent really matter if he gets it at lvl 80 the metta changed so not OP anymore
  • HK's leader ability will grant droids 50% turn meter on a crit at level 80.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    15% added to near nothing is still near nothing, although she is essential to GW so anything is a bonus, but with that in mind all the enemies in GW will also be getting a lot stronger with even more powerful abilities damage boosts, hp/defence etc.

Eeth 100% stun seems pretty useful, Dooku seems to do a lot better overall though, being 30% faster so he can stun enemies before they activate their abilities dealing many more attacks and having the same hp, could still work well alongside him, more stuns can never hurt =D. Can't remember seeing Eeth used so I don't know how much damage his stun ability. he is too slow to stun an opponent before they use an ability which really hurts his utility, 100% stun (ignoring tenacity) still can mess with people.

Qui gon dies easily to any cannon in one hit, i'm skeptical about 20% of his max health healed from one ability will save him, could help if it gets to the point where utility characters are trying to take him out. Although from the wording it may be whoever assists him that gains the hp and not him, in which case its most likely the person doing the assist has full hp, could be really useful if you get lucky with it though and save some people. The turn metre on his main attack actually is really good and could be deadly if you have a team with lots of assists.

I don't think I underestimate anything that adds or removes turn metre, it's just that it will only see use with assist attacks from, when using his other abilities take the higher priority most of the time.

Will let you know in a year or so (presuming they add more methods to obtain him which I expect they will do, can get him form shard shop if you are very very very lucky at the moment so I guess they wont ENTIRELY lock him away behind near unobtainable achievements.).
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Might want to take another look at Eeth Koth's speed stat and special damage stat. Also, there is more to the game than the PvP arena, GW is arguably more important to progression. You have to 3* missions if you want to farm them.

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I did check his speed stat. It is as slow as I stated. Or SWGOHcantinas stats are very wrong.

Haven't had any trouble with farming equipment from being behind in missions, Im still getting nowhere in dark side missions, don't want to spend the resources to level a team up, its a lot harder since dark side lack good healers outside of daka who I don't have anyway.

The enemy teams you go against in GW are more or less the same as arena teams, or at least they are when you get far enough into GW to get to higher lvl opponents, before you get to that point your characters aren't going to die if you have barris and luminara unless you get matched with opoonents hgiher level than you which sucks. the cooldown reduction for lumi is likely to make GW easier for the first half of it. Don't know how much they balanced GW other than repeated updates saying it has been balanced better.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Akster wrote: »
    Haven't had any trouble with farming equipment from being behind in missions, Im still getting nowhere in dark side missions, don't want to spend the resources to level a team up, its a lot harder since dark side lack good healers outside of daka who I don't have anyway.

The enemy teams you go against in GW are more or less the same as arena teams, or at least they are when you get far enough into GW to get to higher lvl opponents, before you get to that point your characters aren't going to die if you have barris and luminara unless you get matched with opoonents hgiher level than you which sucks. the cooldown reduction for lumi is likely to make GW easier for the first half of it. Don't know how much they balanced GW other than repeated updates saying it has been balanced better.

Why would you not want to spend resources to advance your ability to collect resources?

Your logic, cadence, and phrasing in this thread leads me to believe that you are a male, minor (under 18, but over 13), well educated, white, European or Commonwealth, probably upper-middle class with parents that value education and thrift, but are often absent.

How close am I?
  • Eebers
    89 posts Member
    I know Savage Opress isn't that popular, but he's a regular on my arena squad for survivability and the occasional 8-9k crit. He gets +30% damage to his regular attack at lvl 76. Should be pretty beast.
  • Timitock wrote: »
    I disagree about Barriss. She is essential for GW completion, and extra damage shores up her weakness a bit.
    I disagree about Eeth. He is a sleeper, and that Force Push damage is already pretty good, plus it has a really reliable stun.
    I think you glossed over the bit where Qui-Gon gets a HEAL.
    I think you are underestimating a basic that can both add and remove turn meter.
    Basics are what they use to Assist others, so they get used more often than you stated.

Have fun 7* your Vader, let me know how it goes.

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Akster wrote: »

Why would you not want to spend resources to advance your ability to collect resources?

Your logic, cadence, and phrasing in this thread leads me to believe that you are a male, minor (under 18, but over 13), well educated, white, European or Commonwealth, probably upper-middle class with parents that value education and thrift, but are often absent.

How close am I?
    Lmao jajajajajjajajajajajajajajajajjajaja
  • GS's cooldown has me psyched!!!! I would be pretty excited about Ima Gun Di if I had him. Though at my current rate of 1-2 shards/day, I should have him unlocked in about 2 years.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Just going through my maxed heroes, and Count Beaucoup really stood out to me. If you think he is OP now, as I do, just wait until his force lightning does 15% more damage, and his basic does 15% more damage as it trucks you twice or even three our four times when there are few heroes remaining. Oh and if that does not get you worried (if you don't abuse him), his leader will extend offense up to two turns. Overall, from what I have seen, Beaucoup is going to be even more beaucoup very soon.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    GS's cooldown has me psyched!!!! I would be pretty excited about Ima Gun Di if I had him. Though at my current rate of 1-2 shards/day, I should have him unlocked in about 2 years.

What does he get?
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    15% stun chance for daka and a major increase in potency.

GS gets another boost to TM on crits, up to 50% and the obvious one turn cool down.

Advantage crit buff with GS will give him a lot of turns quickly.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    That's for qgj lead level 8. Not 7. So only from level 80-90 and not now. Also with the meta shift that ability might not be as game changing as it could have been.
    In terms of level 8 abilities for the 80 cap, I think HK has a killer one. 50% TM for droids on crits. In terms of very underused heroes hoth rebel scout could be great also. And Reys. They might all just say 15% damage but for Rey that's adding a lot on
  • GS's special has no cool down and gains 50% TM on crit.

Lumi's force blast and healing cool down both -1, that means her team is almost in perpetual state of being healed.

QGJ's basic can remove TM, humbling blow adds 3 turns of offense up for the whole team when positive effect is removed and his assist comes with healing.

HK47's leadership adds 50% TM when droids crit

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Luke6108 wrote: »
    GS's special has no cool down and gains 50% TM on crit.

Lumi's force blast and healing cool down both -1, that means her team is almost in perpetual state of being healed.

QGJ's basic can remove TM, humbling blow adds 3 turns of offense up for the whole team when positive effect is removed and his assist comes with healing.

Lumi's force blast hits like a truck too. Can't wait to have her specials upgraded. I still use her everywhere
  • DV_27 wrote: »

Lumi's force blast hits like a truck too. Can't wait to have her specials upgraded. I still use her everywhere

Yes her force blast is one of the hardest hitting in the game. With offence up and crit, she hits around 9-10K. She and QGJ are two characters with complete and nice skill set: demage, ability block, assist, remove positive effect,speed up the team. offence up the whole team, heal and continuous healing, dodge...
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »

Yes her force blast is one of the hardest hitting in the game. With offence up and crit, she hits around 9-10K. She and QGJ are two characters with complete and nice skill set: demage, ability block, assist, remove positive effect,speed up the team. offence up the whole team, heal and continuous healing, dodge...
    I'm working on anakin so I might change to him as lead when the meta changes, if it turns out speed isn't as important as now. But besides the speed boost qgj definitely still offers a lot more like you said. I like using a mostly Jedi team. Although I guess it's not hard at all for others to beat my mostly Jedi side. But nobody is really good on defense
  • Luke6108 wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »

I use her too, usually in combination with JC and Ahsoka, whose combined special with healing is really good. Two birds, one stone!
  • What about fives guys?! Especially if slower chars get a attack boost he can be beast. His basic will attack twice if a enemy is slowed (which fives can do on counter or with phasma support) and that probably also counts when he counters an slowed opponent. Also his counter damage increases if i remember right. Really hyped for buffed fives!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Timitock wrote: »

How close am I?

All of the equipment you need for characters can be gained through light side missions, some shards form the dark side missions would be nice, but I already do not have enough energy to farm the shards already available let alone have any spare energy to put towards other shards I would like.

It does not advance my ability to collect resources if I do not have the extra energy to collect those resources in the first place. The amount of energy it costs to collect equipment alone is incredibly high, so I haven't even collected shards from missions in quite a while. Still only have Dooku at 4* because of it which is a shame.

Forgot to mention, to train just one character to level 70 and star them costs a few million credits, which have always been a scarce resource for me. Sat on only 2 million at the moment which won;t be enough to level up even one dark side character. I also don't have any lvl 70 dark side characters other than royal guard who I am still gearing up. Trying to farm equipment for my current main team so I can equip it to them once the level cap is increased.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    What about fives guys?! Especially if slower chars get a attack boost he can be beast. His basic will attack twice if a enemy is slowed (which fives can do on counter or with phasma support) and that probably also counts when he counters an slowed opponent. Also his counter damage increases if i remember right. Really hyped for buffed fives!

The problem with this is that we honestly have no idea how this "slower chars get a attack boost" thing might work. That, and the "probably" assumption on his counter. There are simply too many variables in Fives' kit to determine how useful (or not) the level cap increase might make him. And that's assuming nothings gets changed between then and now.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    What about fives guys?! Especially if slower chars get a attack boost he can be beast. His basic will attack twice if a enemy is slowed (which fives can do on counter or with phasma support) and that probably also counts when he counters an slowed opponent. Also his counter damage increases if i remember right. Really hyped for buffed fives!

The problem with this is that we honestly have no idea how this "slower chars get a attack boost" thing might work. That, and the "probably" assumption on his counter. There are simply too many variables in Fives' kit to determine how useful (or not) the level cap increase might make him. And that's assuming nothings gets changed between then and now.

Still - two attacks for enemy's that are slowed. I'm looking forward to this! :smile:

• Some unassuming charecters who haven't been mentioned yet.

Plo koon: Take charge now grants 25% TM to all allies, @ 120 speed + QGJ leader he would be almost as fast as ST Han + Ackbar

Hoth Rebel Scout: main attack chance for +25% TM for all increases 15% to a 40% chance. Special attack gains +15% chance to stun, up to 55%. Unique ability now grants half its effect(45%TM) when a non empire enemie is killed.

Jawa: it's AOE attack now has a 25% chance to stun non droids. Basic attack now has 50% chance to apply speed down.

Vader: basic attack gains +15% to ability block. Force crush gains a 50% chance to inflict speed down. Culling Blade gains +10% bonus damage, attack now does 50% more damage per debuff, up from 40%.