Arena Rewards are outdated.

Replies

• _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    At any rate, since I've made the following points:

1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated. (FALSE) They were designed for a game that's moved on 3 years. Its a different era.

2) Arena currency is useful for prestige or shard shop currency, which is not outdated (FALSE) (Characters who reside in the arena store are outdated and not been updated since release. Only a handful are necessary. Only ship prestige is handy and credits - improvement could definitely be made in here without a doubt. Toons could be added that are more relevant to the climate of today!!

3) None of the rewards are outdated for new players (FALSE) - The game is a different beast altogether then from 3 years ago. Your living in the past! New players evolve/progress much faster then 3 years ago and their is MUCH MUCH more to farm and acquire. The current rewards only in date for the game as it was 3 years ago and not in todays climate.

I'll just say good luck with your proposal.
    - Thanks (comments added to your post above) - I highly doubt anything will come of it. For starters the people who play the game don't understand what's out of date and what isn't. So no I don't think their is much hope.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think arena rewards are desperately outdated. No one needs squad arena currency. Their has not been a refresh to the charactors available in this store for years. Most who finish outside the top 20 just convert the sparrow fart amount of currency into player tokens for the shard shop. New life should be breathed into this reward system. It's old, tired and outdated. We all place enormas emphasis on chasing the meta ploughing thousands of dollars on crystals to get back what exsctly???? A tiny fraction / rebate paid back as our reward and a hand full of next to useless currency? Unless your top 20 the reward is almost pointless. In fact ship rewards are better. Please CG give this reward system another glance and a fresh coat of paint. Give us a reason to go after the meta and higher rankings. Maybe even do a champions league or something. A little bit of thought and imagination could go a long way to see this reward system elevated and players focus resharpened onto the top prize. Set our pulses to pumping once more CG!!!!

hmm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    At any rate, since I've made the following points:

1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated. (FALSE) They were designed for a game that's moved on 3 years. Its a different era.

2) Arena currency is useful for prestige or shard shop currency, which is not outdated (FALSE) (Characters who reside in the arena store are outdated and not been updated since release. Only a handful are necessary. Only ship prestige is handy and credits - improvement could definitely be made in here without a doubt. Toons could be added that are more relevant to the climate of today!!

3) None of the rewards are outdated for new players (FALSE) - The game is a different beast altogether then from 3 years ago. Your living in the past! New players evolve/progress much faster then 3 years ago and their is MUCH MUCH more to farm and acquire. The current rewards only in date for the game as it was 3 years ago and not in todays climate.

I'll just say good luck with your proposal.
    - Thanks

You're welcome.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    1) Rewards are mainly crystals, which are not outdated

Crystals are less important to me these days...for the first time. 2020 has started with a very ‘just throw em on the pile’, mentality.

Maybe to you, but I don't believe crystals are any less valuable now than before. You can get pretty much anything in the game for crystals (relic material is all I can think of not being purchasable)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Crystals are less important to me these days...for the first time. 2020 has started with a very ‘just throw em on the pile’, mentality.
    Whatever you want, crystals will get it for you

Doesn’t feel the same now.
    - 1k/day after refreshes gives 200ish left over = 1400 a week, which used to get you a full gear piece, now needs to be saved for a month before obtaining an upgrade for a char.

I’m Not complaining. I don’t mind waiting..But it is boring. #DragonLife

1400 still gets you a full gear piece? What is the difference now, you decision to become a hoarder?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • As the game progresses, and evolves the rewards need to scale with that natural growth. The reward system for arena was designed for the game as it was DAY 1. Were now 3/4 years down the line and we are in a completely different era of the game. Look at the daily challenges for example the bounty gear challenge 100k credits, the STR challenge - It’s desperately out of date for the times we are in! Given the current state of the game there are areas that need to be brought forward inline with the current economic climate. If people don’t understand this then I am sorry but I work in in the marketing business sector and understand running a business. I have read a lot of the feedback from this post and no offence but largely the reply’s I am seeing tell me that none of you are experts in this field and frankly everything you say about this subject demonstrates this.

The fact is the game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us. I am sorry but if people don’t agree with this then I have to assume you don’t have a clue about this subject and have zero commercial awareness.

Ah, another person who is an expert in their field in real life. No offense, but the last person who said that was a statistician who said there was no such thing as quantitative data, it rarely makes people respect you if they disagree. On the topic of disagreement, you want to overhaul the rewards and the shop, but where does that leave the people who are at "DAY 1"? Just having shards shop currency thrown at them isn't particularly useful, and it seems like it would be a bad business decision to set things up not in their favour as you drive away the new customers before they have the chance to get into it. Just an ignorant non-expert's perspective on things.
    Ultra wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

Whatever you want, crystals will get it for you

Doesn’t feel the same now.
    - 1k/day after refreshes gives 200ish left over = 1400 a week, which used to get you a full gear piece, now needs to be saved for a month before obtaining an upgrade for a char.

I’m Not complaining. I don’t mind waiting..But it is boring. #DragonLife

Wait, I thought crystals weren’t important anymore.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Sure, arena rewards are still valuable at whatever point of the game you are in, because crystals.
    But the value of those rewards do diminish as players progress and no longer need the shards in the shop. So they get converted into shard shop currency, which buys a whole lot less for the same amount of tokens.

A simple solution would be a minor update to the shop. They could add some other things in there so that late game players have something to do with those tokens that is a bit more meaningful. Some relic scrap pieces, maybe some of those pulse modulators for slicing mods, etc.

There are many ways to update the rewards that aren’t game breaking for early or end game players.

I just don’t get why some people on these forums treat any suggestion for improvement as a personal insult to themselves and immediately attack the person making the suggestion like their lives depended on it.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Question a proposal /= attacking
  • As the game progresses, and evolves the rewards need to scale with that natural growth. The reward system for arena was designed for the game as it was DAY 1. Were now 3/4 years down the line and we are in a completely different era of the game. Look at the daily challenges for example the bounty gear challenge 100k credits, the STR challenge - It’s desperately out of date for the times we are in! Given the current state of the game there are areas that need to be brought forward inline with the current economic climate. If people don’t understand this then I am sorry but I work in in the marketing business sector and understand running a business. I have read a lot of the feedback from this post and no offence but largely the reply’s I am seeing tell me that none of you are experts in this field and frankly everything you say about this subject demonstrates this.

The fact is the game has come along way since DAY 1, and some of the older reward systems need to be brought up to date and be made suitable for the current economic climate and to help meet the requirements that are being demanded of us. I am sorry but if people don’t agree with this then I have to assume you don’t have a clue about this subject and have zero commercial awareness.

Ah, another person who is an expert in their field in real life. No offense, but the last person who said that was a statistician who said there was no such thing as quantitative data, it rarely makes people respect you if they disagree. On the topic of disagreement, you want to overhaul the rewards and the shop, but where does that leave the people who are at "DAY 1"? Just having shards shop currency thrown at them isn't particularly useful, and it seems like it would be a bad business decision to set things up not in their favour as you drive away the new customers before they have the chance to get into it. Just an ignorant non-expert's perspective on things.

You don't get it at all. You have gone off on a tangent. Frankly I can't be bothered to correct your failure in discernment.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Sure, arena rewards are still valuable at whatever point of the game you are in, because crystals.
    But the value of those rewards do diminish as players progress and no longer need the shards in the shop. So they get converted into shard shop currency, which buys a whole lot less for the same amount of tokens.

A simple solution would be a minor update to the shop. They could add some other things in there so that late game players have something to do with those tokens that is a bit more meaningful. Some relic scrap pieces, maybe some of those pulse modulators for slicing mods, etc.

There are many ways to update the rewards that aren’t game breaking for early or end game players.

I just don’t get why some people on these forums treat any suggestion for improvement as a personal insult to themselves and immediately attack the person making the suggestion like their lives depended on it.

Most sensible reply yet. 100% agree. Some people just love adopting a contrarian style stance when it comes to debate. The crux of my point all along is that some reward systems are out of date and that's a intrinsically true statement. Arena, dailys and galactic war all need bringing a bit more in date. They are 3 years old. No one's talking about deleting the entire thing. I am just saying it would not hurt if the devs gave it a bit if love at some point. Clearly the cg fan boys in here disagree strongly and I'm sorry but I would bet my house at least a glance at these systems is on the cg dev to-do list whether the these people agree or not.
    Sure, arena rewards are still valuable at whatever point of the game you are in, because crystals.

Most sensible reply yet. 100% agree. Some people just love adopting a contrarian style stance when it comes to debate. The crux of my point all along is that some reward systems are out of date and that's a intrinsically true statement. Arena, dailys and galactic war all need bringing a bit more in date. They are 3 years old. No one's talking about deleting the entire thing. I am just saying it would not hurt if the devs gave it a bit if love at some point. Clearly the cg fan boys in here disagree strongly and I'm sorry but I would bet my house at least a glance at these systems is on the cg dev to-do list whether the these people agree or not.

It’s not a debate if everyone agrees with you.

It is fun watching someone make a suggestion then get all huffy when people offer a different point of view.
  • Be careful of the counter arguement that the arena rewards are "too good". With the social advent of the game in guilds, the in game chat function and other online areas (Reddit/Discord/Line -anyone even use that anymore), players are more connected. Most shards are reasonable at the top and players can more easily achieve high ranks consistently and generate 800 to 900 crystals a day with little competition at PP (remeber the good ole days of sniping and locking). Which is a lot. I haven't spent a lot on this game, classification probably an irate sea bass, but my minor spending dwindled as I was able to place high in the arenas and continue to do so. It's easy to refresh all of the shops and grow a crystals balance if you can maintain decent arena ranks.

It is possible, that a pass over the rewards, means they get reduced.

And they did do a "recent" pass on ship arena rewards that added crystals.

I'll go back to my original point that one of the few worthwhile reward systems in the game are the arenas.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    kello_511 wrote: »

It is fun watching someone make a suggestion then get all huffy when people offer a different point of view.

Depends on the point of view. If you wanted to tell me the earth is flat because I can't show you water sticking to a spinning ball the only opinion on offer is the fact not all your dogs are barking. If the devs did decide in the near future to make any tweaks and bring the areas ive touch on more relivent in todays climate some peoples opinions are going to look pretty foolish.
    Post edited by _Skystalker on
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Be careful of the counter arguement that the arena rewards are "too good". With the social advent of the game in guilds, the in game chat function and other online areas (Reddit/Discord/Line -anyone even use that anymore), players are more connected. Most shards are reasonable at the top and players can more easily achieve high ranks consistently and generate 800 to 900 crystals a day with little competition at PP (remeber the good ole days of sniping and locking). Which is a lot. I haven't spent a lot on this game, classification probably an irate sea bass, but my minor spending dwindled as I was able to place high in the arenas and continue to do so. It's easy to refresh all of the shops and grow a crystals balance if you can maintain decent arena ranks.

I'll go back to my original point that one of the few worthwhile reward systems in the game are the arenas.

I take your comments on board it's entirely possible. I'm not strongly advocating more Crystal reward is needed I'm simple saying other aspects of the reward systems are a bit out of date. Cleary too many cg fan boys on here think were already being spoilt rotten and I would want them to stray too far from the leg of their masters when voicing opinion.
  • Be careful of the counter arguement that the arena rewards are "too good". With the social advent of the game in guilds, the in game chat function and other online areas (Reddit/Discord/Line -anyone even use that anymore), players are more connected. Most shards are reasonable at the top and players can more easily achieve high ranks consistently and generate 800 to 900 crystals a day with little competition at PP (remeber the good ole days of sniping and locking). Which is a lot. I haven't spent a lot on this game, classification probably an irate sea bass, but my minor spending dwindled as I was able to place high in the arenas and continue to do so. It's easy to refresh all of the shops and grow a crystals balance if you can maintain decent arena ranks.

I take your comments on board it's entirely possible. I'm not strongly advocating more Crystal reward is needed I'm simple saying other aspects of the reward systems are a bit out of date. Cleary too many cg fan boys on here think were already being spoilt rotten and I would want them to stray too far from the leg of their masters when voicing opinion.

Do you have any actual ideas on how to improve the rewards? You have spent the majority of the last 2 pages getting worked up over people disagreeing with you and calling them CG shills.

Other posters, myself included, have pointed out that arena rewards are targeted at a specific time in the life cycle of the game (early to mid game specifically when you are farming that store), so changing the rewards to help end game players could negatively impact early game players. There would have to be give and take, CG is not just going to suddenly give away more free materials from arena.

Depends on the point of view. If you wanted to tell me the earth is flat because I can't show you water sticking to a spinning ball the only opinion on offer is the fact not all your dogs are barking. If the devs did decide in the near future to make any tweaks and bring the areas ive touch on more relivent in todays climate some peoples opinions are going to look pretty foolish.

So, you’re equating people disagreeing with your opinion on the suitability of arena awards with people disputing objectively verifiable fact like the shape of the Earth?

You’re right, some people in this thread’s opinions will look pretty foolish.

So, you’re equating people disagreeing with your opinion on the suitability of arena awards with people disputing objectively verifiable fact like the shape of the Earth?

Yes. I think their is an argument vs anyone claiming a reward system which is now over 3 years old is not out of date and needs no improvement.

Yes. I think their is an argument vs anyone claiming a reward system which is now over 3 years old is not out of date and needs no improvement.

I think you’ve made that repeatedly clear.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Be careful of the counter arguement that the arena rewards are "too good". With the social advent of the game in guilds, the in game chat function and other online areas (Reddit/Discord/Line -anyone even use that anymore), players are more connected. Most shards are reasonable at the top and players can more easily achieve high ranks consistently and generate 800 to 900 crystals a day with little competition at PP (remeber the good ole days of sniping and locking). Which is a lot. I haven't spent a lot on this game, classification probably an irate sea bass, but my minor spending dwindled as I was able to place high in the arenas and continue to do so. It's easy to refresh all of the shops and grow a crystals balance if you can maintain decent arena ranks.

Do you have any actual ideas on how to improve the rewards? You have spent the majority of the last 2 pages getting worked up over people disagreeing with you and calling them CG shills.

Other posters, myself included, have pointed out that arena rewards are targeted at a specific time in the life cycle of the game (early to mid game specifically when you are farming that store), so changing the rewards to help end game players could negatively impact early game players. There would have to be give and take, CG is not just going to suddenly give away more free materials from arena.

Yes the reward system is targeted at a specific part in the game. It's targeted at a game which has since moved 3 years into the future. You could do all sorts of things to make it more up to date. Include bundled boxes of useful mats. Increase credits. You could add new charactor shards. Rotate different charactors. You could offer profile portraits/titles for reaching certain ranks. I could go on all night and I have not even touched on daily challenges or galactic war. You would not negatively change something. You improve on them in a positive way. It's not rocket science. If you cant think of a single way to improve this then you must either be cognitively stunted or just lack imagination.
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited January 2020

Good because writing it in crayon or making it feature in the adventures of Pepper Pig are the only real options I have left.

Yes the reward system is targeted at a specific part in the game. It's targeted at a game which has since moved 3 years into the future. You could do all sorts of things to make it more up to date. Include bundled boxes of useful mats. Increase credits. You could add new charactor shards. Rotate different charactors. I could go on all night and I have not even touched on daily challenges or galactic war. You would not negatively change something. You improve on them in a positive way. It's not rocket science. If you think their is no way to improve this you are an ..i d i o . t

Cool, moving on to personal insults. You keep missing the point of the rewards being developed for a part of the player's life cycle (not the games) causing the issues with "improving" rewards. I am just being a realist here, CG does not go around just casually increasing the rate at which resources inflow from free sources like arena. This means that in order to help end game players, they would be swapping rewards for something different, say tokens for relic materials. This would hurt early game players who need those tokens to farm characters, but don't have an immediate need for relics material.

Now, like I said about 5 posts ago, if this was about how CG could rework old stores (which they are on record stating they will not do), then you would have much more support.
  • TVF
    36586 posts Member

Good because writing it in crayon or making it feature in the adventures of Pepper Pig are the only real options I have left.

Peppa

Yes the reward system is targeted at a specific part in the game. It's targeted at a game which has since moved 3 years into the future. You could do all sorts of things to make it more up to date. Include bundled boxes of useful mats. Increase credits. You could add new charactor shards. Rotate different charactors. I could go on all night and I have not even touched on daily challenges or galactic war. You would not negatively change something. You improve on them in a positive way. It's not rocket science. If you think their is no way to improve this you are an ..i d i o . t

Cool, moving on to personal insults. You keep missing the point of the rewards being developed for a part of the player's life cycle (not the games) causing the issues with "improving" rewards. I am just being a realist here, CG does not go around just casually increasing the rate at which resources inflow from free sources like arena. This means that in order to help end game players, they would be swapping rewards for something different, say tokens for relic materials. This would hurt early game players who need those tokens to farm characters, but don't have an immediate need for relics material.

Now, like I said about 5 posts ago, if this was about how CG could rework old stores (which they are on record stating they will not do), then you would have much more support.

Your Last paragraph is what I am saying. Improve outdated reward systems?
  • TVF wrote: »

Peppa

Hitting me where it hurts my Peppa pig skills ;)