Arena Rewards are outdated.

12346Next

Replies

  • cannonfodder_iv
    962 posts Member
    edited February 4
    TVF wrote: »
    Well I for one do not care one bit about status, in fact one of the most annoying things about recent events is they've completely removed any rewards for completion and replaced them with titles and portraits I have zero interest in. Titles and portraits don't have any in-game use so I have no use for them.

    Finishing first in both arenas for a year is about $2100 worth of crystals at vault prices. OP can have his status, I'd prefer the crystals.

    Edit: added timeframe.
  • Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

    The secondary reward is geared, as many has said, towards newer players. Once your collection is complete from the arean store, this just translates into some **** currency, like every other shop.

    So, I'll say again, of all the rewards to update, Arena is the last one that should be discussed. HAAT and HSTR need touch ups for sure and a few events and some of the daily challenges can use a refresh way before even worrying about arena imo.

    Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

    If that's a resounding YESSS. I'll shut up 😁 anything less the that then you agreeing with me that it could be improved.

    It's a resounding Yes. These are the best most consistent rewards in game. Always have been. You are beating a dead horse on this topic.

    And now you are changing the subject to effort, because you can't defend outdated. And if you consider 4 to 12 minutes of time a day an Everest feat (that is what taking 1 in arena means for me daily and has for the last 2 + years) then you must consider HSTR going to the moon, because that is 45 minutes of time for hopefully a top 10 finish with a good rng drop.

    Plenty of things to gripe about in this game, just don't think arena rewards are one of them.

    And before you play the "well he is a Kraken" card, I have spent less on this game over the same period of time as I do Netflix, so not even a small dolphin. Probably an irate sea bass waiting for laser beams.

    Cant defend outdated. i just did. :)

    No, you really didn't defend outdated. You changed your argument to Arena doesn't provide status symbols in the game, atleast compared to GAC. This is fair, to an extent. Taking 1st in arena is still used as a "status" in pretty much every recruiting post I have ever read, its just not as easily visible as GAC league achieved.

    No part of your 8 paragraph, oddly capitalized rant defended outdated. You just stated they were with no actual argument.

    I guess I will agree with your idea of "improving" arena rewards if it is adding a few titles to the rewards. Whatever, they are pointless and do nothing for my advancement in the game so might as well give some more away.


    On a separate note, you keep saying that arena doesn't pay off the rewards. Are you only considering krakens that spend without thinking?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

    The secondary reward is geared, as many has said, towards newer players. Once your collection is complete from the arean store, this just translates into some **** currency, like every other shop.

    So, I'll say again, of all the rewards to update, Arena is the last one that should be discussed. HAAT and HSTR need touch ups for sure and a few events and some of the daily challenges can use a refresh way before even worrying about arena imo.

    Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

    If that's a resounding YESSS. I'll shut up 😁 anything less the that then you agreeing with me that it could be improved.

    It's a resounding Yes. These are the best most consistent rewards in game. Always have been. You are beating a dead horse on this topic.

    And now you are changing the subject to effort, because you can't defend outdated. And if you consider 4 to 12 minutes of time a day an Everest feat (that is what taking 1 in arena means for me daily and has for the last 2 + years) then you must consider HSTR going to the moon, because that is 45 minutes of time for hopefully a top 10 finish with a good rng drop.

    Plenty of things to gripe about in this game, just don't think arena rewards are one of them.

    And before you play the "well he is a Kraken" card, I have spent less on this game over the same period of time as I do Netflix, so not even a small dolphin. Probably an irate sea bass waiting for laser beams.

    Cant defend outdated. i just did. :)

    No, you really didn't defend outdated. You changed your argument to Arena doesn't provide status symbols in the game, atleast compared to GAC. This is fair, to an extent. Taking 1st in arena is still used as a "status" in pretty much every recruiting post I have ever read, its just not as easily visible as GAC league achieved.

    No part of your 8 paragraph, oddly capitalized rant defended outdated. You just stated they were with no actual argument.

    I guess I will agree with your idea of "improving" arena rewards if it is adding a few titles to the rewards. Whatever, they are pointless and do nothing for my advancement in the game so might as well give some more away.


    On a separate note, you keep saying that arena doesn't pay off the rewards. Are you only considering krakens that spend without thinking?

    I don't really understand what part of outdated you find soo disagreeable. I don't really want to get into a pedantic discussion about my chosen word. I didn't really sit and meditate on this word for several hours before choosing it for the title so you will have to forgive me if its offensive to certain demographics. I have presented rational argument as to why i think its outdated. The current arena reward systems is not completely immune in all its attributes to being considered outdated because their are aspects of it which are which i have described, the same with Galactic War and Daily challenges and perhaps its just a simple case that CG simply haven't got around to them yet. So what might be a better idea is well wait however long it takes, a month 6 months a year maybe until they do get updated and then perhaps if your still huffing and puffing about it you can show me your argument VS CG as to why it was unnecessary to update it??? lets try that?

    You are using the word "outdated" to mean "not as relevant to me as an endgame player", which many in this thread have argued back is because the rewards are not outdated for the point in the player life cycle they are designed and intended for. That is what you have not once put forth an argument against, and I am guessing you still will not.

    Good luck waiting on them to change arena rewards that have been static for years, if anything their Q&A answers hint at them wishing they could decrease Arena rewards by moving crystals to GAC.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Never thought I'd say this, but things are fine the way they are. Don't change arena rewards. Raid, GA etc. rewards have been reworked enough and I'd hate to see further "improvements".
  • Here is another point, just because they are 3 years old, doesn't mean they are out of date. I'll argue that the game economy, with respect to crystals, has not changed. The crytsal cost of gear has not changed, and since game launch the cost of some of the refreshes has dropped. So, with respect to the primary reward, it has, if anything, improved over the course of time. And the addition of "new gear" to buy doesn't alter the basic economy, it just means a different resource to select.

    The secondary reward is geared, as many has said, towards newer players. Once your collection is complete from the arean store, this just translates into some **** currency, like every other shop.

    So, I'll say again, of all the rewards to update, Arena is the last one that should be discussed. HAAT and HSTR need touch ups for sure and a few events and some of the daily challenges can use a refresh way before even worrying about arena imo.

    Ok listen up!! Let me try and give this a fresh perspective and try to capture for you my thought process behind making this post. You can not deny that players put a huge value and investment in arena rankings. I mean ask yourself a simple question where do your best mods and relics lie?? **In your arena team** The reality is most established players put  tremendous resource and emphasise on this aspect on the game. That's indisputable. Whether we like it or not their is an enormass and almost relentless dedication to obtaining the top spots. In terms of other game modes they are secondary compared to arena specifically when considering maxing things out. Most players strongest squad is arguably their arena squad. It's the Meta and it's famously talked about all over you tube channels dedicated to swgoh and players flock to channels revealing teams that dominate in this arena. CG themselves even put this aspect of the game on a pedestal by making the most desirable charactors the meta dominate charactors. Everyone desires the biggest baddest team. In terms of desire everything else is secondary for most part. So with that in mind is their an argument that the current reward available falls desperate short of the status and grandur that we and CG place on it because it seems to me a lot of peoples minds are bent on it and the investment to achieve it in so many cases is alarming. Furthermore.... do people who achieve this feel entirely and completely satisfied with the reward given the Everest in feat it is to not only achieve but to maintain???

    If that's a resounding YESSS. I'll shut up 😁 anything less the that then you agreeing with me that it could be improved.

    It's a resounding Yes. These are the best most consistent rewards in game. Always have been. You are beating a dead horse on this topic.

    And now you are changing the subject to effort, because you can't defend outdated. And if you consider 4 to 12 minutes of time a day an Everest feat (that is what taking 1 in arena means for me daily and has for the last 2 + years) then you must consider HSTR going to the moon, because that is 45 minutes of time for hopefully a top 10 finish with a good rng drop.

    Plenty of things to gripe about in this game, just don't think arena rewards are one of them.

    And before you play the "well he is a Kraken" card, I have spent less on this game over the same period of time as I do Netflix, so not even a small dolphin. Probably an irate sea bass waiting for laser beams.

    Cant defend outdated. i just did. :)

    No, you really didn't defend outdated. You changed your argument to Arena doesn't provide status symbols in the game, atleast compared to GAC. This is fair, to an extent. Taking 1st in arena is still used as a "status" in pretty much every recruiting post I have ever read, its just not as easily visible as GAC league achieved.

    No part of your 8 paragraph, oddly capitalized rant defended outdated. You just stated they were with no actual argument.

    I guess I will agree with your idea of "improving" arena rewards if it is adding a few titles to the rewards. Whatever, they are pointless and do nothing for my advancement in the game so might as well give some more away.


    On a separate note, you keep saying that arena doesn't pay off the rewards. Are you only considering krakens that spend without thinking?

    I don't really understand what part of outdated you find soo disagreeable. I don't really want to get into a pedantic discussion about my chosen word. I didn't really sit and meditate on this word for several hours before choosing it for the title so you will have to forgive me if its offensive to certain demographics. I have presented rational argument as to why i think its outdated. The current arena reward systems is not completely immune in all its attributes to being considered outdated because their are aspects of it which are which i have described, the same with Galactic War and Daily challenges and perhaps its just a simple case that CG simply haven't got around to them yet. So what might be a better idea is well wait however long it takes, a month 6 months a year maybe until they do get updated and then perhaps if your still huffing and puffing about it you can show me your argument VS CG as to why it was unnecessary to update it??? lets try that?

    You are using the word "outdated" to mean "not as relevant to me as an endgame player", which many in this thread have argued back is because the rewards are not outdated for the point in the player life cycle they are designed and intended for. That is what you have not once put forth an argument against, and I am guessing you still will not.

    Good luck waiting on them to change arena rewards that have been static for years, if anything their Q&A answers hint at them wishing they could decrease Arena rewards by moving crystals to GAC.

    Static is your word. We can use your word. Arena has been static in terms of reward for 4 years. Unchanging, Stationary. Games moved forward arena has stayed static, frozen, unadvanced, unimproved, unenhanced for 4 long years. I like that. Maybe they want to move crystals to Gac because Gac is more up to date ??? The opposite of out of date or outdated? I agree with CG agreeing to take crystals from an outdated/static game mode and putting them it into an UPDATED ONE. It makes perfect sense to place more emphasis on an up to date and more relevant game mode. I hope if they do decide to-do this that they will use a more favourable term though then outdated...just to blow smoke around it.... just to aviod any confusion.

    alright, I am going to do what I should have done pages ago and peace out of this. You still are not seeing nor making a counterpoint to your oppositions argument. Arena rewards are not outdated for their intended use/target players despite being static. Early game players still need those tokens and all the credits they can get.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    21207 posts Member
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think crystals are still very useful and not obsolete. I also like credits because I use them to upgrade mods, usually to no avail, but you miss every shot you don't take, right? And prestige and shards that I can turn into gear I want also still have a use and aren't obsolete to me yet.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    King of sarcasm don't get sarcasm
  • TVF
    21207 posts Member
    edited February 4
    TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    King of sarcasm don't get sarcasm

    Read the whole post thread.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    King of sarcasm don't get sarcasm

    You think OP is being sarcastic :joy:
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    21207 posts Member
    edited February 4
    TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    Oh tvf is back with his Devine Intervention. I've missed you.

    (
    giant hug
    )

    You're just trying to trick me into posting a Matthew Sweet video.

    But it's not a good idea. People already complain that mm is terrible while also complaining rewards are terrible. If you move the best rewards to GAC, the mm complaints will crash the forum server.

    Hmmm, maybe it's not the worst idea.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    King of sarcasm don't get sarcasm

    You think OP is being sarcastic :joy:

    During this thread OP's reacted pretty sarcastic he has. But alot of you people really need to work on your reading comprehension, that's basicly what I've gotten out of this thread.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Maybe shifting crystals to Gac is the right move

    It's not.

    King of sarcasm don't get sarcasm

    You think OP is being sarcastic :joy:

    During this thread OP's reacted pretty sarcastic he has. But alot of you people really need to work on your reading comprehension, that's basicly what I've gotten out of this thread.

    Yes, they have employed sarcasm when believing their point wasn't understood. Now, I could be very wrong, but I do not think OP was sarcastic about thinking that moving crystals to GAC rewards is a good idea.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Umm post has vanished? Looks like idea time is over. 😣

    nothing ever disappears (unless deleted) if you use the Discussions tab instead of General
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I never once said remove rewards I said they need updating for everyone.

    And yet that's exactly what's going to happen once CG tackles arena payouts. They'll manage to make it look great on paper and tell you something about tailoring the rewards to better reflect where you are in the game and what you currently need most, like they did in the pre-GAC announcements. And you'll cheer them on in your youthful naivete and thank them on your knees for all the precious communication. And then you'll find yourself with 200 gold-wrapped chocolate coins that buy a whopping 2% of a kyrotech piece instead of your current 500 crystals. The best we can hope for is for them to leave well enough alone.
  • TVF
    21207 posts Member
    I never once said remove rewards I said they need updating for everyone.

    And yet that's exactly what's going to happen once CG tackles arena payouts. They'll manage to make it look great on paper and tell you something about tailoring the rewards to better reflect where you are in the game and what you currently need most, like they did in the pre-GAC announcements. And you'll cheer them on in your youthful naivete and thank them on your knees for all the precious communication. And then you'll find yourself with 200 gold-wrapped chocolate coins that buy a whopping 2% of a kyrotech piece instead of your current 500 crystals. The best we can hope for is for them to leave well enough alone.

    Haha.....sounds about right. It's about time we had some positivity injected into this thread and to hear from someone immune from pathological incredulity when it comes NEW DEV ANNOUNCEMENTS ;)

    How dare people say I'm sarcastic!

    So you don't think crystals moving to GAC is worth considering?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.