I think my bad luck peaked.... Can anybody top this!?

Another quadruple stun start (daka-dooku), followed by consecutive dodges, and accompanied by a Dooku on Amphetamines or a few too many redbulls.

Final result: couldn't land a single-blow on the enemy..... -_-

(And before you start thinking I got a glass canon team, let me tell you otherwise: I finish most arena fights with or near full-health, just not on bad days where the RNG decides to wreck me)

As for dooku's insane rage, he just decided to answer Phasma's assist call as much as he physically could.

But yeah.... Worse arena fight yet, by far.
Not that the enemy team was unbeatable, but it happened to be a team that relies on RNG and it just so happened to be RNG heaven (or hell, depending on your view) for the fight.

Figured I'd share.

Anybody wanna share their worse luck fight?

Replies

• I just hope my dodge/stun team frustrates people half that much.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    D - Fence!
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    I just hope my dodge/stun team frustrates people half that much.

+1
  • I've got a survival team with good DPS.

Ventress stuns and murders.
    Initiate just keeps hitting hard and taking hits like a boss.
    Talia tries to pull off a heal/TM boost and stay alive as long as she can (not very...)
    GS just pounds away.
    Lumi hits and pulls off a heal before going down.

Very reliable.

Tho I figure as defense, Talia and Lumi probably go down before pulling off a heal, which allows GS, Ventress and Initiate to probably take out 2 (or 3) of the enemies. Unless ventress wastes her turn... Which the AI loves to do...

Honestly on defense my team is probably not worth much.... I gotta pray the AI let's Ventress do what she does best.

Oh well.

Works on offense.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Asajj on d is bad. She tries to dispel leader ability all the time as her first move. I run Luminara in GW and Dooku in arena. Can always count on Asajj first move to be Strike fear.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Witha Dooku leading Sidious, my all-Jedi team can barely hit Sid. I typically connect with about 1 out of 10. Making this worse is the fact that I have to save them for last, because of perpetual Offense Up. Super frustrating when those two take out my full team.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    on my alt, i ran into a team lead by lumi, with jc, daka, sid and phasma in. thought omg ... easy win, .. lol ... wrong ... daka stunned 1 of my chars (nothing special) and got killed, then i focused on lumi ... that was a mistake ... 4 dogdes, 1 hit, 4 dogdes again, my first char gone. tried another round 3 dogdes 1 hit, healed full, 2nd of mine gone (my daka didnt res any f them) ... ok, then lets kill jc first ... dogde, dogde and than i watched them finishing the rest of my team ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    n my alt, i ran into a team lead by lumi, with jc, daka, sid and phasma in. thought omg ... easy win, .. lol ... wrong ... daka stunned 1 char (nothing special) and got kill, the i focused on lumi ... that was a mistake ... 4 dogdes, 1 hit, 4 dogdes again, my first char gone. tried another round 3 dogdes 1 hit, healed full, 2nd of mine gone (my daka didnt res any f them) ... ok, then lets kill jc first ... dogde, dogde and than i watched them finishing the rest of my team ...

Yeah, dodges seem bugged.

Either nothing dodges, or it's a nonstop dodge-fest!

Rarely do we see a single random dodge not accompanied by a few other dodges. It happens, but I see more of the latter.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    cant tell, what annoys me more ... bad luck in arena (dogde-festivals) or (currently) low droprate on barriss ... i hope, the big rng-god knows mercy.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    I have gotten 7 Barriss shards in my last 10 attempts. Random is random.
  • Went against a Dooku (L), Rey, GS, Kylo, Lumi team.

I'm using Phasma (L), Dooku, Daka, Sid, Lumi.

I focus Rey first, Dooku stuns, she dodges Daka as stunned and gets offense up wtfff. Sid crits double dot, Phasma slows. GS Kylo Lumi do some damage to my team. My Lumi takes Rey down to a sliver. Rey comes out of stun of course dots don't actually kill her (God forbid), she's at zero health with offense up proceeds to rek Lumi. All my other characters had been getting beat up already. All for nothing. Rey dodges while stunned, shrugs off dot that should have killed her and one shots half my team while buffed of course.

Dodge is just a lame mechanic. Across all games I've played that have this, it's always unfun. WoW toned theirs down back in the day because it's just an unfun mechanic. It doesn't feel like skill or even gameplay for that matter. It's the absence of gameplay really. It's basically the computer deciding you don't get to play this turn.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    When the RNG decides to call your bluff, there's not much you can do other than remember the times things went your way.

However, it does seem like the devs compensate for their atrocious defense AI by slightly boosting dodge, assist, crit, and stun chances. I can only dream of my team getting so lucky.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Another quadruple stun start (daka-dooku), followed by consecutive dodges, and accompanied by a Dooku on Amphetamines or a few too many redbulls.

Final result: couldn't land a single-blow on the enemy..... -_-

(And before you start thinking I got a glass canon team, let me tell you otherwise: I finish most arena fights with or near full-health, just not on bad days where the RNG decides to wreck me)

As for dooku's insane rage, he just decided to answer Phasma's assist call as much as he physically could.

But yeah.... Worse arena fight yet, by far.
    Not that the enemy team was unbeatable, but it happened to be a team that relies on RNG and it just so happened to be RNG heaven (or hell, depending on your view) for the fight.

Figured I'd share.

Anybody wanna share their worse luck fight?

Sounds like you need Yoda poop, friend
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Yoda loves Phasma, Dooku, Sid teams.
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    By Yoda poop you mean Yoda BM bowel movement...er...I mean battle meditation.

Correlates with the animation! :)
  • cby wrote: »
    By Yoda poop you mean Yoda BM bowel movement...er...I mean battle meditation.

Correlates with the animation! :)

Was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • 9 straight dodges by a Lumi led Sid. Every first round strike (6 strikes counting assists) then the next three as well. 5 or 6 of the nine attempts were, granted, Jedi, but still.... Those are some long odds.

Now for more long odds.

I knew at that point I was toast and just decided to see it through and kill Sid... Kill him in my second round. Of course it is an Auto res from Daka. Killed him for the second time with a one shot, auto res again. Kill him a third time. Daka enemy was up next and resurrected him on her actual turn.

Then enemy Lumi healed. Sigh.

Hit auto with my three remaining toons at that point and walked away, hah.

• I'd like to know why I get the same dodge-rate against non-sith with my non-jedi as all of you attempting to hit sid with a full Jedi force. >_<
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Yes I have worse luck then you. I had 2 shards left to unlock old ben so I refresh cantina for 200 crystals and guess how many shards I got? ZERO!!!!!!!!!! Stu-pid RNG
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    I had 0 hard node shards for 24 attempts straight.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Lmao well I bought a chromium 8 pack and got shards for
    Tuskan Raider
    Laboot
    Ugnaught
    Leia
    Urorr
    Resistance soldier
    General Veers
    And the character unlocked was Grand Moff Tarkin which isint farmable.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Tuskan Raider
    Laboot
    Ugnaught
    Leia
    Urorr
    Resistance soldier
    General Veers

Wow..I couldn't imagine a worse pull.
  • I had 5 crits(total) in 20 arena matches
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Tuskan Raider
    Laboot
    Ugnaught
    Leia
    Urorr
    Resistance soldier
    General Veers

Wow..I couldn't imagine a worse pull.

The sad thing is that this really happend to me I made it into a joke but it was real. I am F2P from the start and one day decided hey I got enough shards to activate Anakin..... Let me see if I can get him in a Chromium 8 pack..... I go buy the crystals my first(and last) 20$ ever on a game i go buy the pack and when I saw the results I almost deleted the app and asked for a refund..... Lol I guess somebody is telling me never become p2p
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    Tuskan Raider
    Laboot
    Ugnaught
    Leia
    Urorr
    Resistance soldier
    General Veers

I think I can beat that.
    I got
    Ewok (x3 I think)
    Jedi Knight Guardian (x2)
    Leia
    Clone sargeant
    And new toon was Kit Fisto, 2* not farmable.

=\

Never doing this again.
  • Oh, I got a coruscsnt police shard too. Lol.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Random is random.
    IMO, random is just poor game design. But it wont ever get changed, because its a helpful excuse for things, that do not act like they should.
    Left by design.