best R7 GAS Counter Teams for GAC, TW Opinions?

TuncBlack
407 posts Member
edited February 2020
Question: Which teams are real Counter for HQ Modded Relic 7 GAS Teams?
HQ modded meaning:
- Rex == +315 Speed min, (will outspeed everyone)
- Echo / ARC == Full Damage/Speed,
- Fives / GAS == Protection/Offence/Speed

I checked several videos, but most of the GAS teams are poorly modded or not fully reliced teams.
Seems the below teams are the best candidate for countering GAS.
Are they really good on Countering? or HQ GAS Teams will eat them no matter what?
also If you know more different Counter alternatives, please share them as well.

Team1: Mirror (Slow Rex)
Team2: Padme/Ani/GK/Ahsoka/Yoda or C3PO
Team3: DarthRevan/ FallenBastila / Malak/ HK47/ Han Solo or Wat
Team4: CLS/Solo/ Chewy/ C3PO/ Old ben or Wat
Team5: GK/zarris/Wat/Nihilus/ Chewy
Team6: Zaul/Nihilus/Malak/Fallenbastila/Thrawn
Team7: BastilaLead/GAS/Hermit/WAT/JEDI TANK (OLD BEN/ GK/ MACE etc)
Post edited by TuncBlack on

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Team 3 for me (han). Pretty consistent in beating maxed out gas squads in my arena to climb to 1.
  • Mayonnaise
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Padme (r5) , JKR (r7) , GK (r7) , GAS (r6) , and either GMY (r4) /3PO (g12) /Snips (r4), has been really efficient for my daily climb against full r7 GAS-501st squads.

Plus, that frees up the clones to be used under Shaak Ti in GAC.
  • Mayonnaise wrote: »
    Padme (r5) , JKR (r7) , GK (r7) , GAS (r6) , and either GMY (r4) /3PO (g12) /Snips (r4), has been really efficient for my daily climb against full r7 GAS-501st squads.

Plus, that frees up the clones to be used under Shaak Ti in GAC.

I assume you mean JKA instead JKR. :)

I found another strange team which really hit hard:
    Bastila lead, GAS, jedi Tank, Hermityoda, Wattambor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETd6ZK3F1js
  • Saada wrote: »
    Team 3 for me (han). Pretty consistent in beating maxed out gas squads in my arena to climb to 1.

Who do you target with Han? Rex?
  • Dryff wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »

Yes, the idea is Han will target Rex and Darthrevan will start the show. (like General Hux stop unintended tm fix)
  • I've taken out up to a relic 6 GAS with the standard CLS team. Target GAS to get him into Cover ASAP. Then pick off the Clones in the order of your choice. Personally I kill 5's next. If you're modded with similar speed you should be able to take out 2+ of them before GAS is back in action.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »

Yeah rex
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    hit rex with hans first shot then dr inflicts fear on everyone (after they have a few shots), use bsf fear ability, use Hans buffs and then hk throws his bombs. By this time all clones should be down to their health and GAS should be almost down for the first time. Once he's down take out the rest of the clones (fives first) and then GAS. All my squad is relic 7 including han
    Post edited by Saada on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Then pick off the Clones in the order of your choice.

Brave.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF it's up to your mods. If you can waste Fives right away then that's the best option. It's what I do, as per my post. However; someone will always argue there's a better order so I take no responsibility for how it goes otherwise.
  • Team 3 also works with chewie instead of HK. Same deal, stun Rex, mass fear. You have to have a strong Malak, though, since chewie will assist on DR’s stun, letting GAS hit Malak with an opener. Which I like, because you can immediately follow up with a life drain to down GAS more quickly.
  • DR, Malak, R7, R5 BSF & R5 Han and Chewie does wonders.

• Team 3 also works with chewie instead of HK. Same deal, stun Rex, mass fear. You have to have a strong Malak, though, since chewie will assist on DR’s stun, letting GAS hit Malak with an opener. Which I like, because you can immediately follow up with a life drain to down GAS more quickly.

If you mod ga$ correctly,life steal doesn't do much vs him (my ga$ has like 130k protection and 60k health...)
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Team 3 also works with chewie instead of HK. Same deal, stun Rex, mass fear. You have to have a strong Malak, though, since chewie will assist on DR’s stun, letting GAS hit Malak with an opener. Which I like, because you can immediately follow up with a life drain to down GAS more quickly.

If you mod ga$ correctly,life steal doesn't do much vs him (my ga$ has like 130k protection and 60k health...)

That's still almost half of his protection drained in one shot. Mix that in with dr mass fear attack and gas is almost down for the first time.
    By this time all clones should be down to their health or below and GAS should be almost down for the first time.
    I'm not questioning your strategy but you can't drop Clones below full health before you topple GAS.
    By this time all clones should be down to their health or below and GAS should be almost down for the first time.
    I'm not questioning your strategy but you can't drop Clones below full health before you topple GAS.

I shouldn't have put "below" but they should all be at no protection except for some ridiculously modded fives
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Team 3 also works with chewie instead of HK. Same deal, stun Rex, mass fear. You have to have a strong Malak, though, since chewie will assist on DR’s stun, letting GAS hit Malak with an opener. Which I like, because you can immediately follow up with a life drain to down GAS more quickly.

That's still almost half of his protection drained in one shot. Mix that in with dr mass fear attack and gas is almost down for the first time.

He gains 15% protection for each other 501st ally, so it's less than a third.
    thedrjojo wrote: »

He gains 15% protection for each other 501st ally, so it's less than a third.

A third is fine. Since I end up with dr, hk, bsf, han and malaks drain all having a go after their initial burst. Plenty of fire power to get him down the first time
  • Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    DR, Malak, R7, R5 BSF & R5 Han and Chewie does wonders.

How do you mod chewie when using him in this situation? I was having success with this team prior to the "kneel before counter" issue, and now, more often than not, I lose. Do you mod chewie for surivability? I currently use the in game recommendations of CD and CC. Thanks
  • Chewie should be Offense + something else. He's a strength-based attacker so he gets a higher increase to his physical damage and no additional Crit Damage from relics.
  • Denmach
    21 posts Member
    CLS Han Chewy 3PO Old Ben absolutely destroy gas with a 95% win rate vs relic 7 perfectly modded teams. You need to mod your rebels well, and I recommend you relic the trinity to 7. 3po just g13 is fine for the speed, old Ben r3 is fine....you need to make sure he dies to the first time gas gets up. I actually have too much prot so I run a 5e defense mod to assure this happens. The last key is 150% tenacity on Chewbacca. Then it's easy street.

When chewy doesn't daze, it's like 99% . If he's dazed 9 out of ten the enemy gas is 115k or less prot, so easy to kill without chewy assists. The potency cross ones are the easiest for me as their totals don't match up. That said, my trinity rebels are fast, powerful, and relic 7. One in 20 you will lose to bad rng vs the very best teams.
    Tenacity chewy is the key to consistency.