So I just watched Episode 3 with my kids and something struck me. Yoda wimped out.

With such an enormous consequence of failure he walks out instead of dueling to the death. It was a stalemate at that point with Yoda earning the upper hand even at some points. But no! Instead of sacrificing himself to defend the Galaxy against evil he runs away. So much for the nobility of the Jedi!

He didn't hide in Dagobah to escape the purge. He hid out of shame!

I for one will not be using him in this game. If I do decide to finish the challenge at some point I will bury him on my roster.
I am Darth Spartacus

Replies

• Options
    Yeah he ran away I do agree.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    No, he knew that he had a limited window of opportunity to fight Palpatine before reinforcements arrived. When he was unable to quickly beat him and that time ran out he decided to leave. He knew that he had knowledge to pass on to Obi Wan in order for the Jedi to survive beyond his death. He also knew he'd be dead before the Jedi would be saved but that he would play an important role beyond his death. TCW explains a lot of this.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    No, he knew that he had a limited window of opportunity to fight Palpatine before reinforcements arrived. When he was unable to quickly beat him and that time ran out he decided to leave. He knew that he had knowledge to pass on to Obi Wan in order for the Jedi to survive beyond his death. He also knew he'd be dead before the Jedi would be saved but that he would play an important role beyond his death. TCW explains a lot of this.

Defending a chump iyam
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Lol