• Woodroward wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    a
    TVF wrote: »
    Akenno wrote: »
    Maybe try reading the combat mission requirements first. In Phase 2 the Executrix and Chimera are required capital ships. They fixed the bug (according to the patch notes) for the subsequent phases.

Are you **** me... really.

This is your **** answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or **** up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

Really? No. Make it so I can use my Separatist content that I invested in in the Separatist game mode.

You can swear at me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Chimera and Executrix are requirements in the current phase's missions. If you are unable to use the Malevolence in Phase 3, then it will be a problem and you can curse out CG for lying about fixing the bug

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223088/content-update-01-22-2020#latest

It is still a bad choice that a non-era ship is a requirement... Just delete the requirement or change it with the Malevolence.

You're complaining about non-era ships required? What about the fact that you need Darth Traya for platoons, cause I don't remember the sith Triumvirate fighting in the battle of Geonosis either, and all the other countless out of era heroes needed in platoons

Platoons were actually designed to be a way to use up the non era requirements so that's not a very good argument.

Source please.

logic. To deny the post, produce counter logic.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons when they were required in battle.

Ergo Platoons are for everything BUT the era specific teams

Then why does DS Hoth require so many Empire units in Platoons? And LS Hoth so many Rebels? And DS Geo so many Sepratists? And LS Geo so many Galactic Republic?

Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles? Because of what I just said. Supposed to use your whole roster not just a tiny fraction of it.

Geo doesn't apply to when platoons were created and why, that's way after the fact and they said they abandoned their own rules for these ones to simply make it hard.

Geo TB is obviously NOT intended to use your whole roster.

Still doesn't explain why Hoth DS requires a bunch of Empire in platoons on days with Empire as a requirement. Where is the logic on that one?

You're coming at this backwards. Are you saying they don't require non era characters?

How am I coming at it backwards? You said the purpose of platoons was to not require the TB era platoons in them, yet all of the TBs require the era characters. What exactly is your point? That platoons allow you to fill some of the slots with non-era characters??

That platoons were created as a way to require non era characters. Which was stated in response to someone saying it made no sense non era characters are required in Geo TB platoons.

I never said that platoons were supposed to be safe from era toons. Saying "Everything that is in a is also in b" is not the same as saying "everything that is in b is also in a". I said the former, you argued against the latter.

You said all kinds of things, so I guess if you just picked one you could eventually be right. Solid strategy.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020

a
    Maybe try reading the combat mission requirements first. In Phase 2 the Executrix and Chimera are required capital ships. They fixed the bug (according to the patch notes) for the subsequent phases.

This is your **** answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or **** up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

Really? No. Make it so I can use my Separatist content that I invested in in the Separatist game mode.

You can swear at me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Chimera and Executrix are requirements in the current phase's missions. If you are unable to use the Malevolence in Phase 3, then it will be a problem and you can curse out CG for lying about fixing the bug

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223088/content-update-01-22-2020#latest

It is still a bad choice that a non-era ship is a requirement... Just delete the requirement or change it with the Malevolence.

You're complaining about non-era ships required? What about the fact that you need Darth Traya for platoons, cause I don't remember the sith Triumvirate fighting in the battle of Geonosis either, and all the other countless out of era heroes needed in platoons

Platoons were actually designed to be a way to use up the non era requirements so that's not a very good argument.

Source please.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons when they were required in battle.

Then why does DS Hoth require so many Empire units in Platoons? And LS Hoth so many Rebels? And DS Geo so many Sepratists? And LS Geo so many Galactic Republic?

Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles? Because of what I just said. Supposed to use your whole roster not just a tiny fraction of it.

Geo doesn't apply to when platoons were created and why, that's way after the fact and they said they abandoned their own rules for these ones to simply make it hard.

Still doesn't explain why Hoth DS requires a bunch of Empire in platoons on days with Empire as a requirement. Where is the logic on that one?

You're coming at this backwards. Are you saying they don't require non era characters?

How am I coming at it backwards? You said the purpose of platoons was to not require the TB era platoons in them, yet all of the TBs require the era characters. What exactly is your point? That platoons allow you to fill some of the slots with non-era characters??

That platoons were created as a way to require non era characters. Which was stated in response to someone saying it made no sense non era characters are required in Geo TB platoons.

I never said that platoons were supposed to be safe from era toons. Saying "Everything that is in a is also in b" is not the same as saying "everything that is in b is also in a". I said the former, you argued against the latter.

You said all kinds of things, so I guess if you just picked one you could eventually be right. Solid strategy.

Nah I really pretty much just said the one thing. The rest was just explanation.
  • I love how this thread went from talking about Malevolence in geo ship battles to Hoth Platoons. You people are strange. Try enjoying the game instead of complaining about every little thing about it, maybe you'll have a better playing experience. CG can't cater to every little complaint that the player base has. So just calm down and enjoy the game. If you're just going to complain, stop playing the game. We don't need an ultra negative player base.
    I never said that platoons were supposed to be safe from era toons.
    Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles?

I never said that platoons were supposed to be safe from era toons.
    Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles?

You need to rethink your post. Those are not contradictory.
    a

Source please.

Actually, you did say that CG said they would be free from era toons when required in a battle. This is false, and no amount of "Logic" will change the fact that the hoth TBs require Empire/Rebels when they are a faction for a CM.

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Hoth DS TB phase 2, check the mission and platoon requirements.
    a

Source please.

Actually, you did say that CG said they would be free from era toons when required in a battle. This is false, and no amount of "Logic" will change the fact that the hoth TBs require Empire/Rebels when they are a faction for a CM.

No, you will not remake my and their words in your image. I said what they said and what they said still doesn't mean what you say it means.

Hoth DS TB phase 2, check the mission and platoon requirements.

Even if they messed up on platoon requirements in Hoth so it doesn't match what you quoted me quoting them saying, it still doesn't even have anything to do with the other post so there is nothing contradictory there.
    a

Source please.

No, you will not remake my and their words in your image. I said what they said and what they said still doesn't mean what you say it means.

So now your words don't mean what they mean anymore? "Never be required in platoons when required in a battle" seems pretty cut and dry, and you said it. You typed it and hit post. Now you are saying you didn't mean to put words in CG's mouth that faction characters would not be required in platoons when needed in a CM? Because that is exactly what you said in this thread.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Even if they messed up on platoon requirements in Hoth so it doesn't match what you quoted me quoting them saying, it still doesn't even have anything to do with the other post so there is nothing contradictory there.

Try checking your sources before calling someone else wrong. Also it's not a quote, it's "logic", remember?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    hey woodroword, could you sum up your point(s) in like a sentence or two? I'm getting confused. ty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    a

Source please.

So now your words don't mean what they mean anymore? "Never be required in platoons when required in a battle" seems pretty cut and dry, and you said it. You typed it and hit post. Now you are saying you didn't mean to put words in CG's mouth that faction characters would not be required in platoons when needed in a CM? Because that is exactly what you said in this thread.

I did say that and said they said that. But that is not contradictory to saying that I never said platoons will never have era specific characters. What you are quoting doesn't mean what you are saying it means. You're lack of comprehension is not my contradiction.

Try checking your sources before calling someone else wrong. Also it's not a quote, it's "logic", remember?

I told people to shove sources somewhere dark. Definitely never called someone else's out. At best I said they were immaterial.
  • Guys, chill out. They're REALLY busy. They've got a load of relic targets still to set on useless FO and resistance characters.
    a

Source please.

I did say that and said they said that. But that is not contradictory to saying that I never said platoons will never have era specific characters. What you are quoting doesn't mean what you are saying it means. You're lack of comprehension is not my contradiction.

You said CG said they wouldn't require them. I said that is false, and gave evidence. My entire argument has been that your statement saying that Platoons would not require factions used in a CM is false. Which it is. That is different than never requiring era specific. You have contradicted yourself by making the statement, then when proven wrong twisting words to make it look like the argument was about never including faction specific characters.
    I told people to shove sources somewhere dark. Definitely never called someone else's out. At best I said they were immaterial.

Never said you called my sources wrong.
    it still doesn't even have anything to do with the other post so there is nothing contradictory there.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    a

Source please.

You said CG said they wouldn't require them. I said that is false, and gave evidence. My entire argument has been that your statement saying that Platoons would not require factions used in a CM is false. Which it is. That is different than never requiring era specific. You have contradicted yourself by making the statement, then when proven wrong twisting words to make it look like the argument was about never including faction specific characters.

I said that CG created platoons for non era characters. In your twisted interpretation of my words that means that only non era characters were allowed.

Bottom line I never said that. I never argued that. Go find someone who actually said that if you want to argue against that. Please refrain from further tantrums about me not rising to your bait.

You brought up current era characters being in platoons which would only contradict me saying non era characters weren't allowed. In order to contradict what I said, platoons would need to be produced that had no non era characters.

You brought up Geo TB which was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY after platoons were created, and I explained that.

You then absolutely tried to bring up the fact that there are era specific characters in platoons as though there is some kind of logic in them being there proving that non era ones shouldn't be....

You have no logical argument. You have provided no proof. You have clearly either not comprehended what was said or tried to twist words around in a pathetic attempt to gain some sort of high ground by downplaying something that never actually existed for you to downplay.

I'll kindly ask you to desist from such lowly behavior in your future posts.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited February 2020

9l57cixrq3ry.png
    eava2kmpxuns.png

kletter-gif-4614012.gif
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020

Never said you called my sources wrong.
    it still doesn't even have anything to do with the other post so there is nothing contradictory there.

You said I called someone's wrong. Definitely didn't do that.
  • I'd like to compliment CG for fixing this bug by updating the description in the text box. This change was very difficult to code and I'm very proud it only took them 2 months.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020

9l57cixrq3ry.png
    eava2kmpxuns.png

kletter-gif-4614012.gif

Let's see I see clones and resistance and ewoks. None of which were around Hoth. Thank you for proving me non-contradictory! Thank you very much!

I don't know why you keep pointing out to me that they lied. Doesn't change what I said into a lie.

How do you require a non era character and keep the content somewhat authentic? By including them in scenarios where they don't do anything, like platoons.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    This thread has transcended amazing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

9l57cixrq3ry.png
    eava2kmpxuns.png

kletter-gif-4614012.gif

Let's see I see clones and resistance and ewoks. None of which were around Hoth. Thank you for proving me non-contradictory! Thank you very much!

I don't know why you keep pointing out to me that they lied. Doesn't change what I said into a lie.

How do you require a non era character and keep the content somewhat authentic? By including them in scenarios where they don't do anything, like platoons.

I’m pretty confident now that y’all are arguing different points.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    To be fair I believe they later amended the statement to mean only smaller factions after much complaining that they were doing what they had promised they wouldn't. I also think they said something about not enough characters besides rebels to make it work too so there's that.

Still kind of like changing the description to fix a bug.

9l57cixrq3ry.png
    eava2kmpxuns.png

kletter-gif-4614012.gif

I’m pretty confident now that y’all are arguing different points.

That's what I've been saying all along. lol
    To be fair I believe they later amended the statement to mean only smaller factions after much complaining that they were doing what they had promised they wouldn't. I also think they said something about not enough characters besides rebels to make it work too so there's that.

IIRC, the issue with Hoth was one of the Hoth rebels, soldier or scout, was required for a mission and was also required in platoons. That meant someone in the guild had to choose between the mission or platoon. That was fixed.
    I don’t think they ever intended not to exclude era specific toons from the platoons, just mission required ones.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020

IIRC, the issue with Hoth was one of the Hoth rebels, soldier or scout, was required for a mission and was also required in platoons. That meant someone in the guild had to choose between the mission or platoon. That was fixed.
    I don’t think they ever intended not to exclude era specific toons from the platoons, just mission required ones.

Yeah that happened too. And yeah. They said factions too. There was a problem with bounty hunters in platoons on dark side hoth they eventually fixed.

Then people complained about it requiring rebels and at that time most of the light side characters were rebels and they would have just had to require the same characters over and over to do it without them so they told everyone they didn't mean giant factions like empire or rebels when they said that and they've been working on mini factions since right around that time I think.

9l57cixrq3ry.png
    eava2kmpxuns.png

kletter-gif-4614012.gif

See, there you go. If you would have just responded intially with "I quoted outdated info by CG and that platoons do in fact utilize factions required in combat missions like the rebels in Hoth Tb" there would have been no argument.

i was never arguing the intent of platoons, just that you are spreading misinformation about their requirements.