Game changing zetas?

When it comes to picking who to zeta next I typically try to aim for a toon who will in someway shape and form improve how well i perform in battle. Like mother talzin and her revival ability would work wonders for my nightsisters in sith raid if i ever get around to gearing her up. Or how much better gm Yoda works after filling his special ability zeta. What are some other game changing zetas I should be on the lookout for? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• Coolnessda wrote: »
    When it comes to picking who to zeta next I typically try to aim for a toon who will in someway shape and form improve how well i perform in battle. Like mother talzin and her revival ability would work wonders for my nightsisters in sith raid if i ever get around to gearing her up. Or how much better gm Yoda works after filling his special ability zeta. What are some other game changing zetas I should be on the lookout for? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Do you have a swgoh.gg account? There are many faction defining zetas out there, but its hard to make a full list without knowing what would be redundant for you.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • "Store a minimum of 5 zetas"

This is terrible advice for new or even mid game accounts. Those zetas help your teams and they do absolutely nothing when they sit on your bench. There will come a time when the extra GP outweighs a novelty zeta, but that time is way later in the game
  • But to answer your question a lot of newer teams are in the vein of "one zeta is OK, but 5 zetas are amazing" meaning they require all of them to reach full effective level. Sep droids are this way, Padme, and even Clones past one zeta.

The big ones off the top of my head are Bastila's lead zeta, where the added tenacity makes the team far harder to kill. Bossk's lead which gives the team a ton of regeneration. KRU lead gives them regeneration and extra tankiness. And Fives' sacrifice unique turns the Clones into a powerhouse in raids and on offense
  • It really is a roster based question as mentioned above, and there are plenty of good suggestions up there too (although I do agree with that keeping 5 entire zetas saved up is a bit excessive unless you are planning on whaling out on the latest greatest every time it appears to stay on the top of the spear).

Other zetas that singly make a huge difference are Han Solo’s Shoots First, Vandor Chewbacca, Jedi Training Rey’s Lead, Geonosian Brood Alpha’s Lead, Darth Traya’s Unique (although that one really pairs best with her lead and Darth Sion’s zeta), emperor palpatine’s lead, commander Luke Skywalker’s It Binds All Things, Chewbacca’s Loyal Friend...
  • _Skystalker
    288 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    In some sense Zetas feel more like omegas. They are beginning to become less powerful then they we're say 2 years ago or at least feel that way. Back in the day 1 zeta had a massive impact on a player or team. Now you need 2, 3 and even 4 just to unlock a toons full potential and some team composition just to maximise the effectiveness require 10+ zetas. Relic ability will become the new zetas soon at least it appears to be the direction it's headed.
  • "Store a minimum of 5 zetas"

This is terrible advice for new or even mid game accounts. Those zetas help your teams and they do absolutely nothing when they sit on your bench. There will come a time when the extra GP outweighs a novelty zeta, but that time is way later in the game

For mid game players, imho, it depends on the situation. Putting zeta somewhere just because you collected one is not good too. If you dont know why you need zeta on a spesific character then you dont need it there. Its better to keep it and use when you need it, imho.
    It is often to see how guildmates first ask "where to put zeta, I just have one" and then after rework are crying thet they dont have enough zetas for a new team...
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    "Store a minimum of 5 zetas"

For mid game players, imho, it depends on the situation. Putting zeta somewhere just because you collected one is not good too. If you dont know why you need zeta on a spesific character then you dont need it there. Its better to keep it and use when you need it, imho.
    It is often to see how guildmates first ask "where to put zeta, I just have one" and then after rework are crying thet they dont have enough zetas for a new team...

Agreed. A zeta should provide immediate value or not be placed.
  • In some sense Zetas feel more like omegas. They are beginning to become less powerful then they we're say 2 years ago or at least feel that way. Back in the day 1 zeta had a massive impact on a player or team. Now you need 2, 3 and even 4 just to unlock a toons full potential and some team composition just to maximise the effectiveness require 10+ zetas. Relic ability will become the new zetas soon at least it appears to be the direction it's headed.

Like having to zeta a basic?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    "Store a minimum of 5 zetas"

On my alt (Definitely newer/mid game at most)I have 110 zetas, just waiting to unlock JKA and there go 5 zetas for the padme squad. Generally I won't save them, on my main they fly out of my inventory pretty quick, but some times it does make sense to wait.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    @Coolnessda

The most game changing zetas are often on leader abilities. However, I believe we're long past the point, where a single zeta will be game changing. Years ago all you needed was a zeta on EP's leader ability or Veers' unique to make a whole team viable. Nowadays, you need several zetas to make the new (and several recent) META teams viable.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @Coolnessda

The most game changing zetas are often on leader abilities. However, I believe we're long past the point, where a single zeta will be game changing. Years ago all you needed was a zeta on EP's leader ability or Veers' unique to make a whole team viable. Nowadays, you need several zetas to make the new (and several recent) META teams viable.

Leader zetas can also be the fastest to become completely irrelevant, like GMY.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • DrMorpheus
    113 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    My four tells for what I think are the best zetas are if the zeta description has lots of words and/or any of these key words:
    - turn meter
    - Cooldown
    - Health and/or protection, especially in the same sentence
  • 2. E Palp = Empire team game changer

4. Enfys Nest zeta = Enfys Nest game changer. Enfys Nest is probably the single best value in the game considering she can solo certain teams. Economically you cannot beat that.

5. Nute Gunray zeta is actually sick. Again, 1 zeta there and significantly more power if he leads a debuff team.

Traya lead and unique, but not early gameplay.

3. Nightsisters Talzin

1a. Bossk lead

6. Chirpa lead

1b. Bastilla, 4through6 b depending on R2, KRU maybe this 1 even a 1c if you prioritized it for early arena on a young shard . Those are the zeta I would consider as fast as possible if making a new account.