6017 posts Member
    is there some new book that says what Dirt said? weird bump imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    is there some new book that says what Dirt said? weird bump imo

It is in TROS novel.

”The Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker novelization reveals Rey's father was actually a failed Emperor Palpatine clone the Sith Eternal built.“

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-skywalker-rey-father-palpatine-clone/
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ah, ty. bleh
  • I don't know which is more creepy, Palpatine having a child or his clone body/spirit transfer.
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    Anakin was always “battling“ Vader. Stories outside the movies go into it a few times.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Still a story outside the movie tho.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Anakin was always “battling“ Vader. Stories outside the movies go into it a few times.

One comic I read that really sticks out at the moment is when Vader fights Maul. In the ending, Vader destroys Maul and before Maul dies he asks who Vader could hate so much that he could defeat Maul. Vader responds with,"Myself".
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    It was also explained that Palps actually wanted to do this with Luke in Ep 6.
    He says Strike me Down and when Luke ignites his lightsaber to hit the Emperor, Vader intervenes by blocking the attack.

We all thought he was trying to protect the Emperor but it was in fact Vader protecting his son from the Emperor. Had he struck him down, the Emperor would transfer his essence to Luke's body through the dark side.

This has just been revealed in the new Rise of Skywalker novelization. Vague, but cool to see that Anakin was already battling Vader inside and not just in the last minute.

This is the most stupid thing.

Palps clearly stated in ROTJ that he wanted Luke as his apprentice. This new retcon in the TROS novel actually goes against what was said in the ROTJ novel.

"Vader was impressed with Luke's speed. Pleased even. It was a pity,almost, he couldn't let the boy kill the Emperor yet Luke wasn't ready for that emotionally. There was still a chance Luke could return to his friends if he destroyed the Emperor now. He needed more extensive tutelage first- training by both Vader and Palpatine- before he'd be ready to assume his place at Vader's right hand, ruling the galaxy ." ROTJ novelization pg 130.

Vader wasn't protecting Luke in the way that the TROS novelization is now trying to retcon.

Disney is now trying to retcon so much from the recent movies with stuff that makes even less sense than the movies did.

Disney/Lucasfilm caught wind of fans laughing about who would get "jiggy" with Palps to make Rey's dad - so they come out with him having a failed "unidentical" clone, lol (since when are clones not identical? hahaha) - who was some how (without any force powers) able to escape the unknown regions from a sith controlled planet and find his way to the known galaxy to have a family? - that in itself is laughable.

We also get that it was Palpatine that destroyed Luke's Jedi Academy - in order to make Kylo now more likeable and redeemable to the audience.

Rey struck down Palpatine - yet it was somewhat in defence, but she intended to deflect his power back at him (not some other direction) and in so doing, intended to kill him. That is as direct as her swinging her saber to kill him. So therefore Palp's essence should have travelled into Rey regardless and she should be the new Empress of the Sith - but I guess there are different rules for Rey, always has been.

Luke on the other hand disarmed himself and took a beating from Palpatine as a result. Then saved by Vader/Anakin.

Again, if Palp's being merely transferred - Anakin never destroyed him. The prophecy of the chosen one was merely delayed and not complete. All this new retcon from the novel does is further destroy prior star wars movies and major plot lines and character arcs.

The more Disney/Lucasfilm keep picking around the ST to make them "better" the worse it gets.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Yeah, a lot of reconning. What I am most **** about is Disney's undermining George Lucas' Star Wars: Anakin's development, redemption and the chosen one prophecy. But oh well, being **** won't change anything.

Exactly!

That's why I pretend these new movies don't exist - they are a bit of fun only, just Legend stories for me, like the EU that was tossed aside by Disney to begin with.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Yeah, a lot of reconning. What I am most **** about is Disney's undermining George Lucas' Star Wars: Anakin's development, redemption and the chosen one prophecy. But oh well, being **** won't change anything.

Exactly!

That's why I pretend these new movies don't exist - they are a bit of fun only, just Legend stories for me, like the EU that was tossed aside by Disney to begin with.

So, to you the new movies are just a bit of fun as opposed to the historical documentary nature of the OG films?

Yep, the ST is just a laugh that shouldn't be taken seriously. The Saga ended, nicely, with ROTJ. No need for the ST to exist, considering what it actually has to offer the saga, which is nothing.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Exactly!

So, to you the new movies are just a bit of fun as opposed to the historical documentary nature of the OG films?

Yep, the ST is just a laugh that shouldn't be taken seriously. The Saga ended, nicely, with ROTJ. No need for the ST to exist, considering what it actually has to offer the saga, which is nothing.

So, the OT and PT should be taken seriously and not just entertainment?

Do you feel Lucas ruined his original story draft with what became the final “episode IV”?

Well they are all just movies, so its all entertainment. But if you follow the franchise and lore of the world that has been created and take that "seriously" then that is what I meant.

Lucas didn't "ruin" anything when it comes to the OT - its flawless! :smile:
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    or is it
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    or is it

It sure is.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Exactly!

So, the OT and PT should be taken seriously and not just entertainment?

Do you feel Lucas ruined his original story draft with what became the final “episode IV”?

Well they are all just movies, so its all entertainment. But if you follow the franchise and lore of the world that has been created and take that "seriously" then that is what I meant.

Lucas didn't "ruin" anything when it comes to the OT - its flawless! :smile:

If you ever have some time on your hands check out the first few drafts, really interesting to see how some of the characters evolved or changed entirely.

And luckily there were some good actors like Ford and Fisher involved who could improvise on the dialogue, as Lucas was really bad at writing dialogue.

I totally agree - I've seen all that stuff. Some stuff was horrible.

Mark Hamil's screen test he said was difficult because his lines were so goofy - he said: "who talks like that?" lol.

But at the end of the day, I believe we are discussing "final product" and the OT final product is pretty awesome - save and except some special edition changes Lucas made (Han & Greedo springs to mind).

Maybe we can hope for Special Editions of the ST, where so much is changed, they basically re-shoot all the movies :wink:

However, that may just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

At the end of the day, if any likes the ST, fair enough. But I don't like them and its got nothing to do with what I didn't want or being a "fan boy", I don't like them for valid reasons - especially how they have changed prior Star Wars movies, its lore and legendary characters for the worse.

Additionally, for nothing. The ST literally added nothing to the overall story - so I don't understand the point of Disney making them, other than to cash in on their new franchise in a way that worked with MCU, but did not with SW.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    or is it

It sure is.

No movie is flawless.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    or is it

It sure is.

No movie is flawless.

Princess Bride says hi
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    or is it

It sure is.

No movie is flawless.

Princess Bride says hi

That’s in my top 10

I’m not gonna say anymore as you guys will just make fun of me 😁

Can't make fun of the Princess Bride! Its an amazing movie!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    or is it

It sure is.

No movie is flawless.

Princess Bride says hi

That’s in my top 10

It's inconceivable to think otherwise.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    or is it

It sure is.

No movie is flawless.

Princess Bride says hi

That’s in my top 10

It's inconceivable to think otherwise.

I see what you did there!
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    fnjlyfvklcyh.png
    Today's XKCD, I'm just dropping this here..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • It was just a bad movie that didn't feel like star wars, and the whole plot felt really forced. Reylo felt forced. Palpatine felt forced. How did they create a fleet of death star like star destroyers? Nothing made sense. It was like johnson messed up Star Wars, then couldn't take criticism, then the mess got thrown at jj. Who then was like "F*** this," and the movie just ****