Can we spend GET1 currency now if we are done with all characters in the store?

2Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Me personally, I'm going to horde about 130k (close enough to two full characters that I can pick up the last few thousand while I'm waiting for the shards to show up every 6 hours). Once I've got that sitting in the bank untouched (which I don't now - I'm 5K short of what I need to finish GA$), then I'll be willing to spend any excess.

Of course, then I'll actually have to use the GET every once in a while, which means I'll then have to save up to 130k again, but I don't mind that. That's the point of hoarding it: so you can spend it quickly when you really need to do so.

CG, this how people play your game now. Good jorb

What's wrong with hoarding up to a certain level and spending beyond that? You don't have to do it, but it's smart.

That is months and months of hoarding, when that could be spent on gear to improve your team and help guild in TW, TB, etc. Instead of constant roster progress, people are holding onto resources to reduce the eventual grind.

Hoarders gonna hoard. That's always been how they play. Now, non-hoarders are taking that same approach, and it's painful.
  • Big question ist: If an official CG Post would tell you here „You can spend your GET1, there will not be any new toons need it!“
    Would you trust ist?
  • rickertron wrote: »
    Thanks for the response @Monel and @littleMAC77 . So If i understand correctly, hoarding Get1 is a strategy employed to be competitive and stay competitive for top arena spots. But it really is not necessary to play the game or required in any degree?

The game experience changes dramatically when you have a real crystal income from squad and fleet arena. A 6 month farm becomes 2, and you can buy several clutch gear pieces a week from the shops. So no, you don't have to hoard and chase the meta. But the game is very different if you don't.

• Steapa95 wrote: »
    Big question ist: If an official CG Post would tell you here „You can spend your GET1, there will not be any new toons need it!“
    Would you trust ist?

Absolutely not
    2cpfpsa7aemj.gif
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Me personally, I'm going to horde about 130k (close enough to two full characters that I can pick up the last few thousand while I'm waiting for the shards to show up every 6 hours). Once I've got that sitting in the bank untouched (which I don't now - I'm 5K short of what I need to finish GA$), then I'll be willing to spend any excess.

Of course, then I'll actually have to use the GET every once in a while, which means I'll then have to save up to 130k again, but I don't mind that. That's the point of hoarding it: so you can spend it quickly when you really need to do so.

CG, this how people play your game now. Good jorb

What's wrong with hoarding up to a certain level and spending beyond that? You don't have to do it, but it's smart.

That is months and months of hoarding, when that could be spent on gear to improve your team and help guild in TW, TB, etc. Instead of constant roster progress, people are holding onto resources to reduce the eventual grind.

Hoarders gonna hoard. That's always been how they play. Now, non-hoarders are taking that same approach, and it's painful.

Months and months?

I've been prepping for months, but that doesn't mean I'm ignoring my roster that whole time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just spend it anyway. Stop being so paranoid and just enjoy the game. Sheesh.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Safe bet is to hoard them a while. Like your GW and Arena and Cantina tokens in case they put new characters in there too.
  • Steapa95 wrote: »
    Big question ist: If an official CG Post would tell you here „You can spend your GET1, there will not be any new toons need it!“
    Would you trust ist?

No I wouldn't. They didn't earn my trust when it comes to this type of stuff.