Feel my pain

Prev1
RNG is this game is just utter **** sometimes.. most times... but this just hurts.

nyo842ta9ba7.png

It was so focused & shiny in the Mod store that I decided to buy it.

And then I leveled it right up to 12 to see what would happen.

And I cried, and screamed, and thought this game needs a better way of doing this, because this was just sad, so very sad.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    you are overreacting a lot here
  • You have a 1/4 chance.

Why does the game need to change it?

Oh ok so we can all have 28 speed secondaries? Yeah ok
  • This experience is nothing new. We all know what it feels like. Zero reason to make a post about it.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    If you cannot handle a store mod not rolling any speed ups then don't buy it.
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    That's like a 3 time a day occurence for some of us bro.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Your first mistake was buying a mod of less than gold quality in the mod store.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

The second was buying such a mod that had a 50% chance of rolling defense every upgrade.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »

The second was buying such a mod that had a 50% chance of rolling defense every upgrade.

The third was upgrading the mod under royal guard. Everyone knows that if you use a support character it will roll on speed, but if you upgrade it from a tank character's screen, it'll roll on defense since the game assumes you want a tanky tank
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

The third was upgrading the mod under royal guard. Everyone knows that if you use a support character it will roll on speed, but if you upgrade it from a tank character's screen, it'll roll on defense since the game assumes you want a tanky tank

I didn’t know this and my mind is now blown after upgrading some mods on a support and tank to test this out! Thank you for making my mod strategy 100000000 times better! :-D
  • Why waste resources in a blue mod?
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Why waste resources in a blue mod?

Color doesn’t matter, it’s what’s inside that counts.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Offense set cross with %offense primary, offense & speed secondaries. I'd seriously consider taking a chance on that. Easier to come by more credits than good mods.

A Gold mod costs even more and no guarantee it would have got more hits on speed or offense either.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Offense set cross with %offense primary, offense & speed secondaries. I'd seriously consider taking a chance on that. Easier to come by more credits than good mods.

A Gold mod costs even more and no guarantee it would have got more hits on speed or offense either.

I agree. Only cuz it's an offense mod. And I have a lot more than 13m to gamble.
  • Dramaqueen...
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

I agree. Only cuz it's an offense mod. And I have a lot more than 13m to gamble.
    I have a lot less than 13m to gamble partly because I take chances on mods like that. :D
  • RNG is this game is just utter **** sometimes.. most times... but this just hurts.

nyo842ta9ba7.png

And I cried, and screamed, and thought this game needs a better way of doing this, because this was just sad, so very sad.

That's why you don't buy mods with defense if you want speed to go up.
  • RNG is this game is just utter **** sometimes.. most times... but this just hurts.

nyo842ta9ba7.png

He didn't buy a mod with defense, he bought a mod with speed, offense and two unknown secondaries. And the nature of those remaining secondaries has no bearing on whether the speed secondary increases further.
  • Game would have been better off with removing all speed from mods,rng on top of rng is never fun
  • Game would have been better off with removing all speed from mods, rng on top of rng is never fun
    What would you call every turn of a mirror match being determined by a coin flip, then?
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member

A gold mod costs less in overall resources because a good blue one will also cost you slicing mats, while a good gold one will let you farm more mods instead of wasting that energy on slicing mats.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

nyo842ta9ba7.png

This is why you don't spread superstitious nonsense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Obviously one should only slice mods while traveling faster than the rotation of the earth if one wants a speed secondary to increase. I'm still working on determining which bulletproof vests cause your mods to increase Defense when worn while slicing mods and which vests cause increases in protection.

Expect a public update on that at the end of summer, but my subscribers can have access to my crucial what-to-wear-while-slicing results for just $100/month.
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    RNG is this game is just utter **** sometimes.. most times... but this just hurts.

nyo842ta9ba7.png

This is why you don't spread superstitious nonsense.

Missed the joke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    OP clearly didn't boost by 3's. smh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    OP clearly didn't boost by 3's. smh

Any prime number works
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I feel your pain because like many have said it happens to most folk daily but tbh, 21 defense on a tank like RG imo isn't a total let down
  • Jarvind wrote: »

@Jarvind @littleMAC77
    I am gonna say MAC's was 1st mistake. If you are buying Offense type Offense primary then CC Speed and offense should be on there. Mods like that are only worth upping if they give you a guaranteed stat toward what you are looking for
  • Whatelse73
    2163 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I have about 45 mods on characters now, of all various color/level, with 20+ defense on them. It's painful when it does that, but I usually expect defense to roll. If I see a flat or % defense as a secondary I usually skip it, but with mods in the store, it does suck you can't see all the secondaries unless they're gold. Hopefully it works better for you the next time though!
    Post edited by Whatelse73 on