Weird mod issue. Stats changed when went to assign.

I guess this reads like a fib but I promise it isn't. Bought the tenacity mod from the store. To my pleasant surprise it rolled speed to 19. Sliced it, then went to assign it. In my inventory it had changed to the other photo. It's like it was processed wrong and the 6 speed rolls mistakenly came out as +6 speed.
Has this ever happened to anyone else. Anything I can do?

Replies

• First decent mod in a while too. :s
  • In my point of you, the thing that is weird in your screenshot is a + 6 speed with a (1) beside it because normally, first roll of speed are supposed to be 3-5.
    One on my guild mate reported this week a mod from the mod store that actually have a 6 basic speed. He buy and sliced this mod and got no more speed. So there is clearly something weird happening with mod recently. You should go to the bug report to report it as you may not be alone to face this.
  • Hi, thanks. Was starting to question if I was seeing things! But pretty hard to mistake a +5 speed stat with +19 after!!
  • Do you have any screenshot of the same mod with +19 speed?
  • No annoyingly I was going to screen shot it to show my guildies as I'd earlier said I was having a poor run on mods then I thought nope, don't want to sound like I'm bragging (plus a +19 speed mod isn't exactly a game changer, but very welcome) so decided against. Won't make that mistake again.
    *sigh*
  • I have reported the bug, please go there and post it too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mod-with-6-speed-on-mod-store/m-p/8730815#M36484
  • Will do.
  • From the screenshot I cannot say you had 19 speed mode. All I see defense upgraded twice, and health and crit each once. The rest are due to 6* mods. Looks like it was never got speed update to me
  • Honestly, it rolled to plus 19 speed or I was hallucinating. Never seen or heard about this before which is why I'm baffled and asking on the forum.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    From the screenshot I cannot say you had 19 speed mode. All I see defense upgraded twice, and health and crit each once. The rest are due to 6* mods. Looks like it was never got speed update to me

There would have been no point on taking a mod like that to 6* would there, unless speed had already rolled multiple times?
  • Look around, there are a lot of very bad mods taken to 6*. The amount of wasted slicing material would be criminal if it was not just pixels.
  • Mods starting with +6 speed have been around a while. Here’s a post from 2018 showing one.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178958/is-there-a-list-of-peak-mod-secondaries
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Mods starting with +6 speed have been around a while. Here’s a post from 2018 showing one.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/178958/is-there-a-list-of-peak-mod-secondaries
    And completely beside the point of this thread.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Mods starting with +6 speed have been around a while. Here’s a post from 2018 showing one.
    And completely beside the point of this thread.

Except for this assertion that +6 starting speed mods represent a problem with the mod store, in this thread:
    Jefferx wrote: »
    In my point of you, the thing that is weird in your screenshot is a + 6 speed with a (1) beside it because normally, first roll of speed are supposed to be 3-5.
    One on my guild mate reported this week a mod from the mod store that actually have a 6 basic speed. He buy and sliced this mod and got no more speed. So there is clearly something weird happening with mod recently. You should go to the bug report to report it as you may not be alone to face this.

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    From the screenshot I cannot say you had 19 speed mode. All I see defense upgraded twice, and health and crit each once. The rest are due to 6* mods. Looks like it was never got speed update to me

There would have been no point on taking a mod like that to 6* would there, unless speed had already rolled multiple times?

While it is true, if you don’t lie, it can be used to get 19 speed from support if you are not very honest ;)

On a serious side, it is really troublesome:/ mods are not the niciest part of the game, even without such bugs :/
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I have to be honest here.

Those look like 2 different mods to me.
    The 2nd one isn't missing any rolls, and the starting stats were almost certainly different.
    minimum cc proc on upgrade is 1.13% so 2.26 + 2.25 is 4.51% cc MINIMUM from where you started BEFORE you count the upgrade to 6e and you have 4.19%

Check your inventory, you're looking at the wrong mod
  • ^^ doesn't explain that the mod from the store was upgraded and showed +19 speed. On that basis it was sliced. Go to.assign it and it's the only unassigned 6e mod, let alone a tenacity diamond and let alone one that has the same attributes in the same order.

I've checked my inventory repeatedly trust me!

Well it's either a very rare bug or I'm losing the plot. Any thanks all. I guess it's human error on my part.