TW: match sandbagging guilds with sandbagging guilds

Prev13456789
This is the way.

Replies

• Or (framed differently since sandbagging is intentional, and not every guild with fewer than 50 members in the TW is "sandbagging"):

Match total GP as the first criterion, then use average GP as the second most important criterion. This will help pair up guilds with similar numbers if registered players.
  • Indeed.
  • Can someone explain to me what sandbagging in tw actually means? Cheers.
  • Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.
  • Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.

That last bit is highly debatable.
  • Can someone explain to me what sandbagging in tw actually means? Cheers.

Its what people think every guild does in TW when signing up less than 50. People believe it gives the offending guild an insurmountable advantage when in reality their losses are more often their own fault.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Thanks @MandoYoda. Tell us how you really feel.

My guild must think sandbagging means something else. We have 47-48 sign up and then sandbag the whole way through...barely earn banners and preload TM.
  • Well...sandbagging IS a thing but it is much more rare than believed by many. My guild usually has 2-3 not sign up because of work or life commitments and I expect this is pretty common game wide.
  • Sandbagging is a thing. 2or3 sitting out is nothing but normal play. If a guild drops somewhere in the range of 10 players or more it is likely sandbagging. In lower reward tiers it seemed prevalent; I can’t say that I’ve seen it much at all in the highest tier
  • yuuzhanron wrote: »
    Sandbagging is a thing. 2or3 sitting out is nothing but normal play. If a guild drops somewhere in the range of 10 players or more it is likely sandbagging. In lower reward tiers it seemed prevalent; I can’t say that I’ve seen it much at all in the highest tier

Less serious guilds had less participation? Hmm must be nefarious
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    everyone is doing sandbagging. even my guild because we are pressured to do due to other guilds doing it... evil circle. not a single enemy joined with full numbers for months now

You are forcing you guild mambers not to participate because your opponent may have less then 50 members? 🤔

• First time I’ve ever heard anyone admitting to sandbagging.
    Honestly didn’t believe it was a thing as any sane player forced to sit out a TW would be expected to find a proper guild.

Oh, and we are “sandbagging” this one, 43/50, ane all officers are annoyed that we didn’t get full participation which is the target...
    99% of the time sandbagging isn’t a real thing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Higher GP guilds sit out members to reduce their matchmaking GP, they get matched with a lesser GP guild, and have an easier time winning because of the average higher GP per player.

So, by your own definition sandbagging is only when it's done on purpose. How do you suggest that the matchmaking algorithm identifies the guilds that do it on purpose? (if any do)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    EA should really fix this situation, should look at max gp regardless how many joined, so it motivates full participation

What a terrible idea.
  • Personally I get it. Alot of times tw is a comittment so people dont want to join if they dont have the time to invest. If that means going up against an average gp monster guild so be it I'll take my l's along with my 2 zetas and go on my merry way
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    everyone is doing sandbagging.

Nope!

usually some don't join on their accord+the worse performing people are left out so it is sustainable for now

Share your data that backs up this spurious claim, please.
  • Wow I’m amazed to see someone admit to sandbagging. Though, I find it hard to believe your guild is really asking people to sit out intentionally. I can see this maybe being an effective strategy at the lower levels where the one whale in a guild could block a guild that doesn’t have one. However if you’re over 200 million guild and sandbagging, any advantage you’re seeing is confirmation bias or small sample size luck of the draw.

On top of that the extra rewards are just not worth the stress of managing some sort of fair round robin of who sits out. At most, you are talking about 4 zetas a month 48 a year AND that assumes you can’t win a tw without sandbagging nor lose one while sandbagging. Realistically, it’s less than 20 probably closer to 10 zetas in year or half to one full zeta.
  • If your guild forbids you to get rewards, so that they win more easily, it's time to find another guild. If people don't join it's probably a matter of real life problems or lack of time to play, not some imaginary evil plan.
    we used to get opponents who join with fewer members to match our gp, but they have much stronger roster and steamrolled us, so we have to reduce our numbers too to lessen this probability. funny enough we mostly get roughly similarly strong enemies.

Or they just allow people who dont want to/dont have time/have some RL problems not to participate and dont even know that someone is forbiding people to participate to not to meet with them))

Strangely people are not running away from guild with such rules... Well, unless you are a strongly "pvp orientated" guild, but that doesn’t look like that...
  • I know of at least 1 high gp guild (~290m gp) which name starts with the Greek symbol lambda that sandbags to avoid fighting maw/ti guilds and thus get easier battles. You can check after this tw round finishes they will have a gp beaten between 245-260m gp.

That last bit is highly debatable.

It's due to the "team per zone" scaling to half the least number of participant from ither guild :
    If one guild has 42/50 and the other 48/50 there will be only 21 team to put per zone.

In higer end GP guild the rosters are so vasts that this is an advantage
    we used to get opponents who join with fewer members to match our gp, but they have much stronger roster and steamrolled us, so we have to reduce our numbers too to lessen this probability. funny enough we mostly get roughly similarly strong enemies.

If sandbagging is not helping your guild, why not just let everyone participate so they can get the rewards that will aid in their improvement?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.