Lol. You cant make this up.

Prev1
baked_qft
275 posts Member
edited February 2020
IMPORTANT NOTE: We mentioned in Update Notes on Galactic Legends that the requirements will vary and that not all characters will require relics. After doing an internal review, we have decided to change the overall requirements so that all characters will require Relics. None of the announced character requirements are changing.

I mean it is what it is. Buy the ticket, take the ride I guess. But honestly, how many other companies get away with stuff like this. Too funny man. Why anyone gives them money is beyond me but hey, that's none of my business.

Replies

• I might just quit.

I’ve gotten bored with this game and this just adding to it
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    by the time most ppl have the requirement to unlock one.. the next better one will have been announced needing other useless factions brought up to whatever the new relic or gear level or ability mat level is at that point. it’s pretty sad.

if they stopped putting requirements out and said “our bad, only need these 6 toons at relics and no more period for the event just these 6” it would still take a while for ppl to farm the gear to make them g13 let alone relics. rey scav at g11 needs 150 stun guns and i think the same amount of gold eyeballs. that’s just to get to g12 not even 13. that could take a month on its own if you’re lucky
  • What...? Isnt the game running this way ling time ago?
    They want ppl like and invest heavily into certain factions to be rewarded...and now its resistance and FO's turn.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    I might just quit.

Not saying you should, but saying you "might" is very anti Yoda. Do or do not
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    What...? Isnt the game running this way ling time ago?
    They want ppl like and invest heavily into certain factions to be rewarded...and now its resistance and FO's turn.

yeah but now you have to spend 100% of your time on these factions and not slowly work a bunch of things up if you want to stay at all competitive in your gp range. previously getting a few characters (maybe 5) to 7 star and maybe g12 was not that bad. getting to high relic levels on 10+ is a big ask. and with no promises of how good either will be in the end or when they’ll become obsolete

it was just october and ppl needed two good teams to win against GAS in his event, and of the 10 characters needed you really only needed about 4-6 of them at mid relic levels. that seemed like a lot and that was only 3.5 months ago.
  • Monel wrote: »
    I might just quit.

I am SemiGod ;)
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    I might just quit.

I am SemiGod ;)

So... not God?
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I might just quit.

I am SemiGod ;)

So... not God?

The Semi part is just to humble me B)
  • What did you think it would be before, g8?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    What did you think it would be before, g8?

I figured 6 at relic levels, 3 at g12 and 4 ships (new cap +3 regular ships), but only after their suggestion that you wouldn't need relics on all of them. As I said it is what it is. As you could see I'm not arguing the requirements, just the flip flop.

Well 8 + 1 = 81

And the square root of 81 is 9

So G9
  • 12 to low relics. not r7 scav rey who was in the game nearly at launch and has never been useful
  • Rafini wrote: »
    12 to low relics. not r7 scav rey who was in the game nearly at launch and has never been useful

Wym?

She basically meta now

G12 or G12 plus would’ve been nice
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    What...? Isnt the game running this way ling time ago?

yeah but now you have to spend 100% of your time on these factions and not slowly work a bunch of things up if you want to stay at all competitive in your gp range. previously getting a few characters (maybe 5) to 7 star and maybe g12 was not that bad. getting to high relic levels on 10+ is a big ask. and with no promises of how good either will be in the end or when they’ll become obsolete

it was just october and ppl needed two good teams to win against GAS in his event, and of the 10 characters needed you really only needed about 4-6 of them at mid relic levels. that seemed like a lot and that was only 3.5 months ago.

So if the requirments are easy so most of FTP players that focused somewhere else can finish it, how about those players invest heavily, trying new comp, and running res/FO for a really long time think?

We probably foolishly assumed that when they said “not all requirements would require relics”, it meant that not every required toon would have to have relics.
  • Ya @Gifafi this isn't about what our expectations on requirements were, there are other threads all about that waiting for your input. This is simply about a company that reassured their player base that "x" was not going to happen, and then 2 weeks later saying that "x" was in all actuality precisely what was going to happen.
  • baked_qft wrote: »
    Ya @Gifafi this isn't about what our expectations on requirements were, there are other threads all about that waiting for your input. This is simply about a company that reassured their player base that "x" was not going to happen, and then 2 weeks later saying that "x" was in all actuality precisely what was going to happen.

Status quo for CG anyone who's suprised by this must have gone deaf and blind 4 years ago.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited February 2020

i think you’re missing the point. not saying ftp. i’ve put into this game enough in the past. i’m saying that the requirements have gotten steeper than they ever have in the shortest amounts of time and to expect a player base to spend resources like that on characters that are utter trash is bad. especially when they have to go to the highest relic level available which sucks up sooooo many resources.

i finish first in both arenas and am in a good guild where i can get high star counts in both tb’s all things considered. even with those advantages it will take a ridiculous amount of time to get a single GL character. and what’s more worrisome is that by the time most have enough to get 1, the next will be announced and soon to be released needing a whole new faction of potentially useless characters (tuskens or jawas for jedi luke since the req’s for these are so loose) but with maybe more things needed by then.

the game is in a weird state now where “content” (new gear and new ways to power up existing characters basically) is coming out faster than ever. mods will be upgraded soon enough and you know whatever comes next will need those. when will the top end be burnt out as well?
  • Perhaps the internal review was of monthly profits? Relicing an entire faction seems a bit extreme for 1 hero. It's like they raised the bar, lit it on fire, put an acid filled moat in front and replaced the crash mat with a concrete slab.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    baked_qft wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

I figured 6 at relic levels, 3 at g12 and 4 ships (new cap +3 regular ships), but only after their suggestion that you wouldn't need relics on all of them. As I said it is what it is. As you could see I'm not arguing the requirements, just the flip flop.

I feel the same. I assumed "not relic'd meant g13."
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

G12 or G12 plus would’ve been nice

agree
    kello_511 wrote: »

We probably foolishly assumed that when they said “not all requirements would require relics”, it meant that not every required toon would have to have relics.

agree, which is why they caveat everything when they say it.
    baked_qft wrote: »
    Ya @Gifafi this isn't about what our expectations on requirements were, there are other threads all about that waiting for your input. This is simply about a company that reassured their player base that "x" was not going to happen, and then 2 weeks later saying that "x" was in all actuality precisely what was going to happen.

right. my point was "not relic'd" to me meant g13/g12+5. it is what it is
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

i think you’re missing the point. not saying ftp. i’ve put into this game enough in the past. i’m saying that the requirements have gotten steeper than they ever have in the shortest amounts of time and to expect a player base to spend resources like that on characters that are utter trash is bad. especially when they have to go to the highest relic level available which sucks up sooooo many resources.

i finish first in both arenas and am in a good guild where i can get high star counts in both tb’s all things considered. even with those advantages it will take a ridiculous amount of time to get a single GL character. and what’s more worrisome is that by the time most have enough to get 1, the next will be announced and soon to be released needing a whole new faction of potentially useless characters (tuskens or jawas for jedi luke since the req’s for these are so loose) but with maybe more things needed by then.

the game is in a weird state now where “content” (new gear and new ways to power up existing characters basically) is coming out faster than ever. mods will be upgraded soon enough and you know whatever comes next will need those. when will the top end be burnt out as well?

They won’t. CG is making more in profit than ever. At this point, CG could sell Jar Jar as the most OP toon ever in the game and these whales and krackens would drop thousands for it. They’re to blame for the state of this game.
  • I wonder if CG realizes they suck at coding, suck at making decisions, and if it wasn't for the fact they have the words Star Wars in the title, this game wouldn't have lasted a year.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

• They won’t. CG is making more in profit than ever. At this point, CG could sell Jar Jar as the most OP toon ever in the game and these whales and krackens would drop thousands for it. They’re to blame for the state of this game.

Honestly, though. This market is so inelastic they could get away with literally anything and people would still pay for it due to addiction and sunken cost fallacies.

“Jump!”
    “How high?”
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    When CG said not all toons will require relics, I assumed they meant 1 or 2 toons at most out of 13

They can still ask for g13 and no relics

I don't see the big deal in requiring relics across the board, since the golden rule has always been EXPECT THE WORST
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    When CG said not all toons will require relics, I assumed they meant 1 or 2 toons at most out of 13

They can still ask for g13 and no relics

I don't see the big deal in requiring relics across the board, since the golden rule has always been EXPECT THE WORST

I expected it and planned for it. When i heard they wouldn't require all relics i was pleasantly surprised. I'm not really mad they went back on it. It's just another in a long string of things that makes them look incompetent when it could've easily been avoided by not saying that in the first place.
  • CG, I no longer want a 7 star unlock. Can we go back to 5 star unlock and the 68k GET to buy shards?
  • throwing resources at junk characters, is one of the worst aspects of this game. GS event at least all the characters are very good and you get some great teams (note the plural) and a great fleet out of it... but stick rey, resistance pilot, captain phasma, OG Kylo, Finn, and Poe? ROFL.

They won’t. CG is making more in profit than ever. At this point, CG could sell Jar Jar as the most OP toon ever in the game and these whales and krackens would drop thousands for it. They’re to blame for the state of this game.

I'm no whale or kraken, but I would be hyped for JarJar 1000x more than for any of those sequel characters. B)