GL Event Tickets

Replies

  • i’m just glad that they’re showing their hand and true faces in this one single event so we don’t have to wait on a whole year of slow abuse from the pure definition of greedy.

    we know their entire angle (always kinda have) but now with extra ways above and beyond the already ridiculous waste of resources on terrible characters with these tickets, what other imaginative ways do they even have left to take more fun out of this game and keep the long awaited “new content” from 99% of the players?
  • I’m going to take a wait and see, for the next month, if this **** is as bad as I think, they won’t have to worry about me spending money, I’ve always been willing to spend some to support this game. But as of right now, I’m not willing to spend anymore.
    I’m also the leader of an end game guild, and if this GL nonsense is as bad as bad as it seems to be, I’ll disband my guild and walk away.
  • Oh my god, the censorship is so bad now, that the letters B and S are now going to be replaced with dots.
  • This whole role out of GL I was “ok” with albeit quite tone deaf but now adding in these event tickets is just asinine. Have you all read anything? Watched anything? What has brought you the idea that after the past month or two of this roll out that “hey let’s put another barrier” against getting them would be a good idea?
  • dalosto147
    143 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Maybe those tickets are to prevent people to retry the event 1000 times in a row like the GAS event until they get the perfect RNG to beat the event.
    Now everytime we fail we need to get a new ticket to try again...

    The need for high relics as requisit already take care of that.
    This tickets is just another useless gate
  • Isn’t it obvious what’s happening here? This is their “content” for the rest of the year. This unending grind for GL allows CG devs to step away from the game and still have another year or two life cycle.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Just to eventually have a character. Talk about whale milking and dragging out no content being released.
    I’m not sure why they are too hesitant of giving a full character unlock on day one, and keep trying to drag a character’s unlock over months

    Probably to make up the fact that they don’t have any other new content ready for release / planned so they have to drag these characters out for as long as possible
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    Just to eventually have a character. Talk about whale milking and dragging out no content being released.
    I’m not sure why they are too hesitant of giving a full character unlock on day one, and keep trying to drag a character’s unlock over months

    Probably to make up the fact that they don’t have any other new content ready for release / planned so they have to drag these characters out for as long as possible

    I wouldn’t be surprised tbh we haven’t gotten anything besides a time-locked Capital ship for and RH Poe which isn’t farmable yet since the start of the new year
  • What if we're not reading this right... What if the tickets are not for the GL character event... But for the new raid? Meaning you'll produce raid tickets for your guild ONLY if you have a GL or maybe both???
  • GerTarrant
    22 posts Member
    edited February 15
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Time gating on top of excessive gear gating? Are you kidding me?

    Have you guys gone mental?

    Are you trying to kill this game?


    So here are some thoughts I have on possibilities for how these tickets will work. NOTE: I do not like any of these. These are just speculative scenarios. I think this is a terrible idea. I think GL in general is a terrible idea. I think CG have completely lost their minds.

    Scenario A) Tickets get you attempts per day. Number of attempts to be determined by how many tickets a person can earn in a single day. If I had to guess, I would think they'll be stingy with the tickets and put them in your daily log completion bonus chest, which means 1 ticket per day after you complete your log. That's my guess for how the'll ration tickets.

    Scenario B.) Each try gets you a small number of shards. At which case, this would actually become a triple gated event. Gear gated, time gated, and shard gated.

    Scenario C) Save up enough tickets to unlock access to the event. A one time entry fee. Not a good solution, but out of the 3 scenarios that I've thought of, this one is the least bad. Of course, if they go with this option, the buy-in price of tickets will be something ridiculous, like 100 tickets needed to unlock the event. And if my scenario A is true, that would be 100 days just to gain entry.


    Anyway. This whole thing is terrible and CG you guys should feel bad for having such terrible ideas. You need to go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

    Careful, now you're doing their work for them.

    Email going out right now at CG.

    =========
    Folks,

    No need to show up for the Tuesday morning ticket planning meeting. Design options listed above, please send your preferred option to me by Thursday so I can make a decision before the company ping pong tournament on Friday.

    Cheers
    CG Director of Bad Decisions

    =========
    Post edited by GerTarrant on
  • i haven’t put anything in since the first release of GAS. maybe a few bucks here or there before. got gas free second time.. won’t put anything in for this at all. hopefully not again. i’d like my freedom back lol
  • Yotommy wrote: »
    Just appreciate the hard work the artists are putting in .......
    At least, they are working
    Can't say that about the guys at CG's office.
    wrote:
    "We will let you know in advance if we plan to take any action."

    "We are currently investigating the cause and will let you know when we plan to deploy a fix."
    Poor company
  • So what happened to those statements a while back where they wanted to build towards a "rock paper scissors" meta? I guess they figure paper, scissors, then an actual asteroid wiping the other two out is close enough eh?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    So what happened to those statements a while back where they wanted to build towards a "rock paper scissors" meta? I guess they figure paper, scissors, then an actual asteroid wiping the other two out is close enough eh?

    The rock is an asteroid and the scissors is a laser sword.

  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Changing my name to charlie and hoping to find a golden ticket.

    You win
  • But guys! The journey guide will help you get there! Look at the journey guide! :D
  • Kokie
    1259 posts Member
    Get your tickets ladies and gentlemen! For the greatest show on the earth!

    Actually I'm cool with this.....will prevent players from simply doing hundreds of attempts and instead force real strategy possibly
  • Now there is a reason to Not sit on the gear.

    CG is basically forcing anyone, who wants tickets, to gear the prerequisite chars now.

    Clever gurl.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Now there is a reason to Not sit on the gear.

    CG is basically forcing anyone, who wants tickets, to gear the prerequisite chars now.

    Clever gurl.

    Not true. You need all the quests/requirements done. You can still hold your gear till all of the details are out. Don’t fall into the trap lol
  • Yotommy wrote: »
    Just appreciate the hard work the artists are putting in .......

    But nobody will see that!
  • Nauros
    3137 posts Member
    Just waiting for them to change the announced 7* unlock too...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Just waiting for them to change the announced 7* unlock too...

    And get the rest for GET2
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Just waiting for them to change the announced 7* unlock too...

    And get the rest for GET2

    Nope, GL tokens. And you have to buy them with tickets.
    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • It's stupid. If someone wants to drop 100K to get GL rey/kylo within a few weeks of starting why not let them?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Now there is a reason to Not sit on the gear.

    CG is basically forcing anyone, who wants tickets, to gear the prerequisite chars now.

    Clever gurl.

    Not true. You need all the quests/requirements done. You can still hold your gear till all of the details are out. Don’t fall into the trap lol

    Aren’t the quests/requirements “Bring So And so to R5-7?”

    What gear are you saving?

    CG wants to see how close everyone is so they can plan ahead....hence these dumb tickets. Everyone wanted to save as long as possible. Possibly see which GL is better... But now you can’t, if you want those tickets.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Now there is a reason to Not sit on the gear.

    CG is basically forcing anyone, who wants tickets, to gear the prerequisite chars now.

    Clever gurl.

    Not true. You need all the quests/requirements done. You can still hold your gear till all of the details are out. Don’t fall into the trap lol

    Aren’t the quests/requirements “Bring So And so to R5-7?”

    What gear are you saving?

    CG wants to see how close everyone is so they can plan ahead....hence these dumb tickets. Everyone wanted to save as long as possible. Possibly see which GL is better... But now you can’t, if you want those tickets.

    Until all the reqs are out, you can’t collect the tickets. So until it’s all released, still no point to spend the resources
  • Question: let’s say a player is ready only for GL Rey but not for GL Kylo.
    Can that player start to collect tickets which could be used for both GL Rey and GL Kylo?
    Or is there tickets for Rey only and other tickets for Kylo only ?
Sign In or Register to comment.