Is 5* Wampa still worthwhile?

I've currently got 10 shards short of unlocking Wampa (mostly from doing the galactic bounty events). I'm reluctant to invest much GET1 into Wampa - I want to save it for Malak and/or GAS - so I won't be seeing 6* soon, much less 7*.

Is it worth investing a little GET1 just for the unlock? I know Wampa used to be a really good fifth team member, but I'm not so sure nowadays if it can still contribute enough when capped at g11 when there are relics and newer squads now. What are people's thoughts on it?

Replies

• I don't think he was ever worthwhile at 5*. It's better to save that GET I.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    If you already invested 135 shards, I would finish it except you can spend the get1 for the meta characters.
  • Of you have 135, you should finish him.
  • He is great for Phoenix or other small gp rebels.
  • Tbh he is a real power house with damage and health. He dazes and inflicts dots. So you should unlock him
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • DarkRolyzzz
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I ran a squad of 5 low starred toons in my arena once just for the hell of it and my 5* Wampa not only dominated my opponent, he did so without being geared. So I say yes, he’s definitely worth the investment. Also, not many gamers are used to facing Wampa so you’d be at an advantage if you have him.
    gf1b5h5ecvtc.png
    DM me @Dark Rolyzzz#9997 for information on New Rebel Order or if interested in joining. Join the Rebellion and be a part of the Rebel Revolution!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Focus on speed, offense, and potency if you're using him to face rebels. You want the AoE daze to stick particularly against Phoenix and in Hoth TB if still doing it. I used a CD set back in the day before G13. If I could afford to slice new mods I'd find an offense set instead.

It fits his Relic stats better over a CD set.
  • Depends on your gear reserves (and current gearing projects), if you can take it straight to g11 (without the AOE daze + bonus protection Wampa is a little squishy) it might be worth the unlock - it also depends on where you are at in game...

If you are still facing lots of Phoenix/Rogue 1/Wiggs in GAC, it will be pretty beneficial (although even at g12 it gets worked by CLS squads), can do a pretty dependable solo on many other low gear teams as well (just depends on if you see g8/9 filler squads in the back, totally worth it).If you are seeing higher Quality than that though, I’d recommend just waiting for the event to come back around and gearing at your leisure.

Just my 2 cents, but I try not to farm anybody I am getting free through events until I have maxed out all of those that can only be gotten from specific locations...
  • Thanks everyone. I've gone ahead and bought the 10 shards for unlock, and I'm starting the gearing now. It should fit nicely into my Carth/Zaalbar/Mission/Juhani defence squad that I don't have a good 5th for yet because of the DOT synergy.