Requesting Fives refund

Replies

• TJax wrote: »
    If you're placing any of the clones iterations with Fives on defense, then you are fully aware that the human attacking your team knows to kill Fives first, right? So in that case knowing that they will then attack him you absolutely want Fives with taunt up because he's going to gain a massive boost to his defense and cause plenty of problems while doing it. It's not the best omega ability by any stretch but it isn't that bad.

I would rather someone attack any other clone. I’ll take multiplying my r7 fives x3 over a 100% boost to defense and +100% offense to echo any day. Also, I would like to be able to call the assist for increased damage.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »
    In all seriousness it's fine if you actually mod him like a tank and actually use him to, you know, tank. The only time it's a disadvantage is if you saw that Skelturix video and you're like "ZOMG I WANT SOLO SIFFRAIDZ."

Yes, it's an annoyance if you're trying to do that, but if you are, just like...don't use his special. You're trying to kill him off ASAP anyway so it won't make much difference.

When he has the zeta he has no need to taunt as attacking anyone else if preferable from a defensive standpoint. The omega ability should REMOVE the ability to taunt, that way if you want him to tank, don’t invest in the zeta that will be useless and don’t invest in the omega. As it stands, you are better in the long run to leave an ability at a lower level which is not WAI

...I mean, again, if you don’t want him to taunt just don’t use the special. It’s not that hard.

Kinda hard for me to not use the special when the ai is playing my team on defense bro.

I don't think you understand how this works. "I would rather someone attack any other clone." Well yeah, obviously. The problem is if I go in to fight your team guess what? I'm not dumb enough to attack 'any other clone.' I'm going to attack Fives whether or not he has taunt because that's the way to beat that team when it is on defense.

However if Fives does have taunt, he has 100% more defense and is harder for me to kill. It also makes Echo have 100% more offense. So if you don't have the omega and I go in to fight your team I'm going to have a much easier time than if I attacked someone else's team who does have the omega.

And if you're using the team on offense, then just don't use the special and the AI will attack the weaker clones
  • Bottom line is, CG reworked Fives and as such, his abilities work differently to the point where it is a significant change. They should've just made his taunting ability level 1 again and said, "it's all refunded, do it again if you want!" and been done with it.

The fact they do it sometimes and not others when they change a character is at the least, problematic.

I didn't omega the ability at first because I didn't have the resources to build him to spare. After his rework I didn't add it because of his zeta ability. Why would I want him to taunt and die? I want another clone to die...
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Bottom line is, CG reworked Fives and as such, his abilities work differently to the point where it is a significant change. They should've just made his taunting ability level 1 again and said, "it's all refunded, do it again if you want!" and been done with it.

The fact they do it sometimes and not others when they change a character is at the least, problematic.

I didn't omega the ability at first because I didn't have the resources to build him to spare. After his rework I didn't add it because of his zeta ability. Why would I want him to taunt and die? I want another clone to die...

I'm going to say this one more time but it's like bashing your head into a brick wall trying to explain it.

If you put the team on defense, when an opponent attacks that team your opponent is a human controlling their team and deciding who to attack. Anyone who is remotely competitive knows that you need to kill Fives first. So if I go in to fight your team, whether or not Fives has a taunt up I am going to attack and kill Fives first.

If you don't have the omega and he never has taunt, then the fight is going to be significantly easier for me because he has less defense and Echo is doing less damage to me.

If the argument is "the ability changed so much they should have refunded it" then fine, I agree with you. But if you are saying the omega is useless or bad, then you are wrong because the boosts it can provide are tremendous.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Bottom line is, CG reworked Fives and as such, his abilities work differently to the point where it is a significant change. They should've just made his taunting ability level 1 again and said, "it's all refunded, do it again if you want!" and been done with it.

I'm going to say this one more time but it's like bashing your head into a brick wall trying to explain it.

If you put the team on defense, when an opponent attacks that team your opponent is a human controlling their team and deciding who to attack. Anyone who is remotely competitive knows that you need to kill Fives first. So if I go in to fight your team, whether or not Fives has a taunt up I am going to attack and kill Fives first.

If you don't have the omega and he never has taunt, then the fight is going to be significantly easier for me because he has less defense and Echo is doing less damage to me.

If the argument is "the ability changed so much they should have refunded it" then fine, I agree with you. But if you are saying the omega is useless or bad, then you are wrong because the boosts it can provide are tremendous.

I don't recall mentioning anything about clones being on defense, how a human would attack vs the AI, etc. I said, "The ability changed...." No need to bring other arguments into this one. I just want consistency from CG.

Please don't bash your head into a brick wall, that can be dangerous for some.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I don't recall mentioning anything about clones being on defense, how a human would attack vs the AI, etc. I said, "The ability changed...." No need to bring other arguments into this one. I just want consistency from CG.

Please don't bash your head into a brick wall, that can be dangerous for some.

cg always gave refunds for changed abilities?

ftr I am all for refunds of mats for changed abilities
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • What cg needs to fix is fives not sacrificing himself in the sith raid. No matter if nihlus kills a clone with a basic, his drain, or annihilate, the clone that he is targeting dies not fives. It is nuts that they still haven't been able to fix this.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    What cg needs to fix is fives not sacrificing himself in the sith raid. No matter if nihlus kills a clone with a basic, his drain, or annihilate, the clone that he is targeting dies not fives. It is nuts that they still haven't been able to fix this.

Are they a 501st clone? I have not heard of fives not sacrificing properly in HSTR, as it seems like many are running 50m plus teams based on 5s sacrificing.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Yeah, this one's odd. He's clearly meant to work in a 501st team under GS and you absolutely want the defensive bonus when he's taunting there as he will be targeted. Thankfully the AI hasn't been updated to target him exclusively yet regardless of the taunt so you get to decide how to deploy it when you're on offense.
  • WAI unlike the omega on echos basic
  • The problem with people pointing out that if you set him on D, the human knows to kill him first anyway is that the AI will use the taunt and force the human to attack him no matter what. It's just a bad omega and the OP is 100% correct. Nothing like adding omegas to make a toon worse :smile:
  • The problem with people pointing out that if you set him on D, the human knows to kill him first anyway is that the AI will use the taunt and force the human to attack him no matter what. It's just a bad omega and the OP is 100% correct. Nothing like adding omegas to make a toon worse :smile:

But that reasoning is exactly why you want the omega. If you place him on defense, he will be targeted the vast majority of the time anyways as most players know that you need to kill him first to avoid the attribute sharing. Therefore, the best way to slow down your opponent is by having Fives taunting and getting 100% bonus defense, making him far harder to kill (while also boosting Echo). If you didn't have the omega, the ai would still use the special, but he would not taunt and thus be easier to kill, allowing your opponents to burn through your team quicker and easier.

Now, if you would rather not have the omega for the ~10% or less of battles where the player is not smart enough to attack fives anyways, then complain away. I would rather have the omega for the 90% or more of opponents that will attack fives first.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    WAI unlike the omega on echos basic

Getting sick of hearing this from you. You can’t stop chiming in on Echo. His basic is a non issue. Get over it. It also wasn’t relevant the first time you said it in this thread. Nor the second time.

And also , fives is a non issue. They shouldn’t refund anything when an ability changes unless it is a zeta that was holding a very specific purpose. When they reworked crap abilities , they didn’t expect us to reapply the ability mats , and some of those became super useful. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose , besides it’s an omega. Friggin wait 5 days and you’ll have another one. It’s not a big deal.
  • Stick wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »

Getting sick of hearing this from you. You can’t stop chiming in on Echo. His basic is a non issue. Get over it. It also wasn’t relevant the first time you said it in this thread. Nor the second time.

And also , fives is a non issue. They shouldn’t refund anything when an ability changes unless it is a zeta that was holding a very specific purpose. When they reworked crap abilities , they didn’t expect us to reapply the ability mats , and some of those became super useful. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose , besides it’s an omega. Friggin wait 5 days and you’ll have another one. It’s not a big deal.

Calm down life's too short.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Stick wrote: »

I don't think you understand buddy, I don't care about the omega mats, delete them from my account for all I care 🤣 I just don't want fives taunting

Offense: Then don't.
    Defense: Yes you do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't think you understand buddy, I don't care about the omega mats, delete them from my account for all I care 🤣 I just don't want fives taunting

Having taunt up limits fear to 5s and lead think that's a good thing on offence too.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Having taunt up limits fear to 5s and lead think that's a good thing on offence too.

If you're using UP against Doc, it's pretty much impossible to lose either way.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

I don't think you understand buddy, I don't care about the omega mats, delete them from my account for all I care 🤣
    Since you reworked his kit, given him a taunt on his assist omega ability I no longer ever want to use this skill, as it hurts more than it does good, seeing as I added the omega before the rework, I want my omega back

Hmmmm.
  • TVF wrote: »

And shaak ? More than one team 5s goes into .

My point being the taunt is usefull in both situations.

Calm down life's too short.

why are you so hung on on echo. Life’s too short man. It’s too short. Ability works fine , it just has synergy that can’t be fully utilized. It’s to short man. Life’s too short
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

this. unless han gets lucky (or you accidentally kill their fives and they kill yours v UP) it's pretty impossible and I've tried vs every team. ns (in tw obv, no ns in arena), gg, drev, padme, etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

@Treeburner
    In what possible way is it not working as intended?
    Echo not giving out the turnmeter? Or if he has crit damage up he doesnt deal more damage?
    If it does both of those its “wai”. Not being a useful ability is different.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If you're placing any of the clones iterations with Fives on defense, then you are fully aware that the human attacking your team knows to kill Fives first, right? So in that case knowing that they will then attack him you absolutely want Fives with taunt up because he's going to gain a massive boost to his defense and cause plenty of problems while doing it. It's not the best omega ability by any stretch but it isn't that bad.

I would rather someone attack any other clone. I’ll take multiplying my r7 fives x3 over a 100% boost to defense and +100% offense to echo any day. Also, I would like to be able to call the assist for increased damage.
    In all seriousness it's fine if you actually mod him like a tank and actually use him to, you know, tank. The only time it's a disadvantage is if you saw that Skelturix video and you're like "ZOMG I WANT SOLO SIFFRAIDZ."

Yes, it's an annoyance if you're trying to do that, but if you are, just like...don't use his special. You're trying to kill him off ASAP anyway so it won't make much difference.

When he has the zeta he has no need to taunt as attacking anyone else if preferable from a defensive standpoint. The omega ability should REMOVE the ability to taunt, that way if you want him to tank, don’t invest in the zeta that will be useless and don’t invest in the omega. As it stands, you are better in the long run to leave an ability at a lower level which is not WAI

...I mean, again, if you don’t want him to taunt just don’t use the special. It’s not that hard.

Kinda hard for me to not use the special when the ai is playing my team on defense bro.

I don't think you understand how this works. "I would rather someone attack any other clone." Well yeah, obviously. The problem is if I go in to fight your team guess what? I'm not dumb enough to attack 'any other clone.' I'm going to attack Fives whether or not he has taunt because that's the way to beat that team when it is on defense.

However if Fives does have taunt, he has 100% more defense and is harder for me to kill. It also makes Echo have 100% more offense. So if you don't have the omega and I go in to fight your team I'm going to have a much easier time than if I attacked someone else's team who does have the omega.

And if you're using the team on offense, then just don't use the special and the AI will attack the weaker clones

imagine arguing 5's omega is bad, reading this comment, then proceed to argue that 5s omega is bad.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited February 2020

@Treeburner
    In what possible way is it not working as intended?
    Echo not giving out the turnmeter? Or if he has crit damage up he doesnt deal more damage?
    If it does both of those its “wai”. Not being a useful ability is different.

There not really a character that can give that buff out.

Omega is for that buff . Only way to get critical damage up buff on echo is to fight a JTR with Yoda on your team wait and hope she gets the buff then have Yoda steal it and spread it to echo .sound like it's WAI ?

They mentioned that having him do 15% more damage with that buff was too OP so they decided not to have arc or GAS give out the buff ,rework was 5 months ago arc 3 months.

Seeing as most of us had that omega already when it did something ,now the omega doesn't actually do anything I just want it to do something.

Having 5s taunt can be helpful in many situations so I see no problem with the change .helps on defence ,helps fight DR malak to stop spread of fear , but having echo do 15% more damage with a buff he can't receive I can't find the silver lining.