Requesting Fives refund

13Next

Replies

• Treeburner wrote: »
    Treeburner wrote: »
    WAI unlike the omega on echos basic

@Treeburner
    In what possible way is it not working as intended?
    Echo not giving out the turnmeter? Or if he has crit damage up he doesnt deal more damage?
    If it does both of those its “wai”. Not being a useful ability is different.

There not really a character that can give that buff out.

Omega is for that buff . Only way to get critical damage up buff on echo is to fight a JTR with Yoda on your team wait and hope she gets the buff then have Yoda steal it and spread it to echo .sound like it's WAI ?

They mentioned that having him do 15% more damage with that buff was too OP so they decided not to have arc or GAS give out the buff ,rework was 5 months ago arc 3 months.

Seeing as most of us had that omega already when it did something ,now the omega doesn't actually do anything I just want it to do something.

Having 5s taunt can be helpful in many situations so I see no problem with the change .helps on defence ,helps fight DR malak to stop spread of fear , but having echo do 15% more damage with a buff he can't receive I can't find the silver lining.

Yes.
    Despite you not liking the ability, it still works. It “wai” cause its not bugged. You can make it work. Sure its hard and i don’t particularly think it’s useful. But that’s not the same thing.
    If they said that they made it so that no one gives crit damage up on that team to prevent that, it means its working as they intended it

@Treeburner
    Echo not giving out the turnmeter? Or if he has crit damage up he doesnt deal more damage?

Omega is for that buff . Only way to get critical damage up buff on echo is to fight a JTR with Yoda on your team wait and hope she gets the buff then have Yoda steal it and spread it to echo .sound like it's WAI ?

They mentioned that having him do 15% more damage with that buff was too OP so they decided not to have arc or GAS give out the buff ,rework was 5 months ago arc 3 months.

Seeing as most of us had that omega already when it did something ,now the omega doesn't actually do anything I just want it to do something.

Having 5s taunt can be helpful in many situations so I see no problem with the change .helps on defence ,helps fight DR malak to stop spread of fear , but having echo do 15% more damage with a buff he can't receive I can't find the silver lining.

Yes.
    Despite you not liking the ability, it still works. It “wai” cause its not bugged. You can make it work. Sure its hard and i don’t particularly think it’s useful. But that’s not the same thing.
    If they said that they made it so that no one gives crit damage up on that team to prevent that, it means its working as they intended it

Except they released the reworked ability, said they would add something to give chrit damage up on that team, then changed their mind after an internal review. just like with making all toon reqs for GL need relics after initially saying they wouldn’t do that.
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

Except they released the reworked ability, said they would add something to give chrit damage up on that team, then changed their mind after an internal review.

Source?

Legit question, I just don't recall this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

Except they released the reworked ability, said they would add something to give chrit damage up on that team, then changed their mind after an internal review. just like with making all toon reqs for GL need relics after initially saying they wouldn’t do that.

Still doesn't make this ability not WAI. Unless anyone can show Echo does not gain bonus damage with CD up
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

@Treeburner

Yes.

things change. it happens. nbd
    TVF wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

Except they released the reworked ability, said they would add something to give chrit damage up on that team, then changed their mind after an internal review.

Source?

Legit question, I just don't recall this.

that's how I remember it. well sorta. I think they said "stay tuned" or something to that effect (implying someone would get it or that it would work with new toon. pretty sure it was vague like that) then they said after looking at it it would be too OP. iirc

rtt: changing my answer to def would do the omega over again, the bonuses are too good and fives will be targeted anyway so... The only time it's a hindrance in the slightest is if you want to auto during the raids, which, meh.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.
    In the developer Q&A 9/5 there was a question about echoes basic:

Q: With Echo's basic ability it says that he does extra damage when he has Crit damage up. No one on his synergies gives Crit damage up... is that something or someone to look forward to perhaps?
    A: Tophat - Interesting. Wonder what that could mean?

Its not really changing your mind if nothing was confirmed. This is at best a hint, or implied statement

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Q: With Echo's basic ability it says that he does extra damage when he has Crit damage up. No one on his synergies gives Crit damage up... is that something or someone to look forward to perhaps?

Its not really changing your mind if nothing was confirmed. This is at best a hint, or implied statement

And later stated that the hint of someone on the clones getting crit damage up to spread around would’ve made echo too OP. Meaning someone was going to be able to apply that buff and they decided not to because their review found him to be too OP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i rate this thread hijack a 9 out of 10. tenor.gif?itemid=4268618
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    now I want a refund
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

And later stated that the hint of someone on the clones getting crit damage up to spread around would’ve made echo too OP. Meaning someone was going to be able to apply that buff and they decided not to because their review found him to be too OP.

A: CG_Miller - At the time CG_TopHat wrote that there was an upcoming ability meant to synergize with that, but in our balance testing that occured after he made that comment we had to change that ability. We're looking into avenues we can take to correct Echo's Basic Omega.

Where did it say that ?
  • Stick wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

A: CG_Miller - At the time CG_TopHat wrote that there was an upcoming ability meant to synergize with that, but in our balance testing that occured after he made that comment we had to change that ability. We're looking into avenues we can take to correct Echo's Basic Omega.

Where did it say that ?

You literally posted the quote that says that.
    Balance testing is in regards to power. After their internal testing they found it would’ve been too OP. So top hat hinted there was going to be an ability added (probably arc or GAS) that would’ve granted that buff. Miller said They balance tested it, and the results found it to be too OP and went another way.

How do you not understand that chain of events?
    Stick wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Balance testing is in regards to power. After their internal testing they found it would’ve been too OP. So top hat hinted there was going to be an ability added (probably arc or GAS) that would’ve granted that buff. Miller said They balance tested it, and the results found it to be too OP and went another way.

You're the one that doesn’t understand it.
    It says nothing of being “over powered”. Implied maybe. But not stated. Anything you claim for the reason is purely conjecture

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

It says nothing of being “over powered”. Implied maybe. But not stated. Anything you claim for the reason is purely conjecture

Lmao so you think that they didn’t release that ability on the new clone trooper because it was too weak? It was either because it was too weak or too strong. Adding a buff that increases critical damage while also increasing base damage for echo doesn’t sound like weakening. So no, the conclusion of it not being added due to it being too OP, is not based on incomplete information. It’s called reading comprehension and the ability to look at a situation based on the totality of the circumstances.

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Lmao so you think that they didn’t release that ability on the new clone trooper because it was too weak? It was either because it was too weak or too strong. Adding a buff that increases critical damage while also increasing base damage for echo doesn’t sound like weakening. So no, the conclusion of it not being added due to it being too OP, is not based on incomplete information. It’s called reading comprehension and the ability to look at a situation based on the totality of the circumstances.

Don't try and straw-man my argument. Using big words so you seem smart.
    I said you're saying something that was never stated. Thats not the conclusion. If you want to read between the lines and guess why it wasnt added at least try be accurate. There are four other characters on that team. Giving crit up could easily improve anyone of them, Or all. Meaning that its not because of echo
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited February 2020

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Nothings says that is about echo being over powered dude , you can’t read.
    1 we don’t know the ability that gave it
    2 we don’t know how it was applied
    3 we don’t know who had the ability.

You don’t have all the information yet again, but you mouth off like you know exactly about what the other ability was in question. You don’t , nothing that has been stated showed that it was how it interacted with echo that made the problem. If there is proof of that then show me , don’t just say “ they said it made echo op”

It’s impossible to know. You’re jumping to conclusions.
  • Stick wrote: »

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

You don’t have all the information yet again, but you mouth off like you know exactly about what the other ability was in question. You don’t , nothing that has been stated showed that it was how it interacted with echo that made the problem. If there is proof of that then show me , don’t just say “ they said it made echo op”

Your right it is impossible to have a definite answer on why they chose to change it and leave it for so long .

I think those that think it was for balance reasons due to it being a bit OP ,could be getting swayed by the fact echo is hitting for 100k on a basic and on his assists, and having 50% extra critical damage as the buff grants and also increasing overall damage by 15% on the basic with the buff present could be seen as a bit much.
    Other things like shaak ti ability to give 25% crit damage stacking( max 5 ),or GAS leadership granting staking crit DMG might take echo close to the 200k on a basic . Even though I run clones that's too much.

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Your right it is impossible to have a definite answer on why they chose to change it and leave it for so long .

I think those that think it was for balance reasons due to it being a bit OP ,could be getting swayed by the fact echo is hitting for 100k on a basic and on his assists, and having 50% extra critical damage as the buff grants and also increasing overall damage by 15% on the basic with the buff present could be seen as a bit much.
    Other things like shaak ti ability to give 25% crit damage stacking( max 5 ),or GAS leadership granting staking crit DMG might take echo close to the 200k on a basic . Even though I run clones that's too much.

Which means adding the extra damage would’ve been too much and made the team too OP lol. That’s what balance testing is haha

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Which means adding the extra damage would’ve been too much and made the team too OP lol. That’s what balance testing is haha

Trying to give your point some substance here while not being abrasive lol
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    What bugs are still in his kit.

The one minuscule bug where fives must be placed in the last slot.

Apparently that’s game breaking for him

It’s not even a bug. It WAI and affects all toons, especially those with “savior” type mechanics. The game prioritizes the order that toons are killed off in AOE attacks by where they are placed, so that it knows who to save. It’s not a bug. It’s just smarter strategy to put him in the last spot.

But u can’t do that in the KAM SM because arc is forced to take 5th spot, and for such a simple workaround (move arc to another spot), CG doesn’t seem to have effected it yet.

@Treeburner

Yes.

@Ravens1113

False there big guy.

Where did it say that ?

Trying to give your point some substance here while not being abrasive lol

Meh, no way to really be abrasive when you’re stating facts. I do appreciate the time you took to put out those numbers though
  • TVF wrote: »
    If your team is on D you want him to taunt lol. Your opponent will attack him either way.

What about a counter that could trigger fives unique if he ISNT TAUNTING?
  • The problem with people pointing out that if you set him on D, the human knows to kill him first anyway is that the AI will use the taunt and force the human to attack him no matter what. It's just a bad omega and the OP is 100% correct. Nothing like adding omegas to make a toon worse :smile:

But that reasoning is exactly why you want the omega. If you place him on defense, he will be targeted the vast majority of the time anyways as most players know that you need to kill him first to avoid the attribute sharing. Therefore, the best way to slow down your opponent is by having Fives taunting and getting 100% bonus defense, making him far harder to kill (while also boosting Echo). If you didn't have the omega, the ai would still use the special, but he would not taunt and thus be easier to kill, allowing your opponents to burn through your team quicker and easier.

Now, if you would rather not have the omega for the ~10% or less of battles where the player is not smart enough to attack fives anyways, then complain away. I would rather have the omega for the 90% or more of opponents that will attack fives first.

What about when you aren’t taunting, and the offense G$ will counter your clone and kill them inadvertently if fives IS NOT TAUNTING?
  • TVF
    36593 posts Member
    Edge cases, shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH