HSTR P3 team puzzlement

So here is my NS + Anakin team that I use in Phase 3 of Sith Raid.fi5d8wgehd5a.png The first time I used this team, I got 14 mil damage on the phase. Since then, I have increased Anakin almost 3 gear levels (plus relics), put a zeta & a gear level on Daka, and put a gear level on Talzin; I have also put more speed and tenacity on their mods. Despite all this, I keep getting lower scores. Out of the last 9 times I've tried it, my best score has been 9.8 mil. Been using the same strategy each time. If somene could help me figure out why my score is lower than it should be, I would really appreciate it. Also, here are my mods: Talzin 3yqfzz6bntri.png Asajj 02enojgdg7a9.png Daka wtzlvvfubiq4.png Anakinajm6o8fq2q6r.png

Replies

• for the raid, you do not want the potency cross on anakin as it partially relies upon Traya resisting debuffs to feed TM to the NS.

Beyond that, do what you can to up the speed secondaries on the NS shown. They are still kinda slow.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Way too much potency on JKA. Initiate needs Crit Chance and Crit Damage, make sure there’s no potency on Initiate either. You need Traya to resist as many debuffs as possible to enable TM with the rest of the team.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    In addition to lowering your potency and raising your speed, you have to make sure the “right” toons get isolated by Traya (in an ideal setup she never even uses isolate but it sounds like you are far from that). Talzin and Ani are okay. Daka and Ventress are heck no. If your Initiate takes it you’ve epicly screwed up your setup.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Anakin is not there for the damage. His gear levels are irrelevant (as long as he simply survives).

Before you send in your NS send in a single g11/g12 suicide character who's sole purpose is to get hit by Traya's Isolate and then die quickly before she takes another turn.

When you send in your NS the Initiate needs to die fast so that Traya doesn't get her Isolate ready again. After Initiate's death try to get a few more hits in on Traya before you kill off the light sabers with special attacks. Hitting her builds up her tenacity.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    3 possibilities for why it's failing:

#1 - not sending in the suicide team to eat Isolate. I use a G11 Scavenger Rey. Takes a hit from all 3 sabers and then dies from isolate. Perfect.

#2 - either Daka or Asajj are dazed when you start topple. Talzin "can" be dazed, but then she won't gain TM from the resists. It'll lower your damage slightly, but not enough to derail the whole run. Might need a second topple to finish the entire phase. Ideally you want none of the 3 surviving Nightsisters dazed. The only one that doesn't matter is Anakin. He takes his bonus turn regardless of being dazed. I tend to have to restart the most for this issue.

#3 - not enough CC on Initiate. You want 6x CC mods with a CC triangle, and filter for CC secondaries on everything but the triangle. Do NOT use a potency cross on Anakin or Initiate. My Initiate is G7, level 66 like yours. CC is 66%. My Anakin is only G11.

As long as #1 and #2 happen I can clear the whole phase in one topple.

Also - try searching for+ offense crosses for Talzin and Asajj. Other than slightly better gear and speed on Daka, and your relic Anakin, my team is almost identical to yours and easily does the whole phase.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Also - try searching for+ offense crosses for Talzin and Asajj. Other than slightly better gear and speed on Daka, and your relic Anakin, my team is almost identical to yours and easily does the whole phase.

I believe his current tenacity crosses are better. They reduce the chance to be dazed.

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Debatable. Unless you're jacking the tenacity up to huge levels it'll still happen. Daka can be dazed even with her -+100% tenacity healer bonus. Not to mention you're sacrificing their usefulness outside of STR just to reduce the RNG of restarting a few runs every few days.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, it can still happen, but as long as it reduces the risk it's worth it - unless, of course, you have plenty of time to restart until you get the right setup without any of your guild mates registering attacks and reducing your potential score.

Their usefulness outside of STR is irrelevant. You can't join TW or GA during your run, anyway. Rearrange your mods after your raid and you're fine.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    But if Trayas potency is high enough to land Daze on an Old Daka with a +100% tenacity boost (regardless of her mods or starting tenacity) then using a +24% tenacity cross on a normal toon is essentially useless. Her potency is high enough that your only hope to not be dazed is the 15% base chance to resist. If the small gain from the cross mattered then you'd never see your Daka debuffed during the STR.

Use an offense cross.
  • Thanks for all the tips. I'll try changing a few mods and see if that helps. Also for me, my G11 Poggle works perfectly for eating the Isolate and then dying.
  • I'm also guessing when traya comes out of the first topple, you might end up having asajj and/or daka dazed and/or isolated. Use stand alone with talzin right before traya comes out of the first topple. At that point, you won't need talzin for the second topple as traya will resist a lot more, if not all the time, and asajj's damage will be really high.
  • it's also good to have asajj's aoe ready to use when traya comes out of topple
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    it's also good to have asajj's aoe ready to use when traya comes out of topple

She only uses her basic during the topple. She will always have her AoE ready.