Yoda Gear 12 confusion

Yoda requires a Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, which gives him +40 agility(which increases physical crit rating), +100 physical damage, and +85 physical crit chance.

Which is weird, because none of his abilities deal physical damage.

Meaning that out of the 5 stat boosts this piece of gear grants, he only truly benefits from two of them. The agility bonus adds to his armor, but that's it. At least if they gave him Str instead, he would get health and armor.

Would it have been too OP for him to have a piece of gear that instead granted special damage/crit chance?

Replies

• Options
    Lots of characters get gear with useless stats. Do yourself a favor and just don’t think about it too hard.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I'm certain that there are at least five examples of this on every single toon in the game. It isn't necessarily done to "screw over the player" or simply to make you waste a piece of gear, it is done mostly for balancing reasons but also because of gear limitations.

Essentially as they keep increasing the gear threshold they need a way to balance out certain aspects of characters at various times and utilizing gear in that manner is a way to do it. Up until G12 finishers came out there wasn't a character specific way to do this, and instead was done by utilizing the limited gear in game. So yeah, actually giving GMY a G12 piece that instead gave him more special damage instead of physical might have made him OP.

A good example of this is when Jedi Revan came out the last gear level was G12+5 and that whole squad was absolutely OP. They were the hands-down meta, and the way they helped ease up their stranglehold on the top was with G12 finishers, which for all of the JKR meta team characters were quite lackluster. Suddenly with all things equal and characters at G13 General Grievous who got massive boosts from all G12 and up pieces was able to compete with JKR not only because he was boosted up but because JKR was given a lesser boost.

It's just something you have to live with.
  • Options
    Funny thing is I recall a few SW gear pieces. Scav Rey scavenging, Luke's hand, Vader's body, Mando BHs. Other than that though "gear" was not something prevalent throughout SW.
  • Options
    Funny thing is I recall a few SW gear pieces. Scav Rey scavenging, Luke's hand, Vader's body, Mando BHs. Other than that though "gear" was not something prevalent throughout SW.

I don’t know... we probably wouldn’t have got very far into this 4 decade franchise if they hadn’t been able to use a comm-link to “shut off all the garbage compactors on the detention level!” - it would have been a pretty lousy movie if the credits rolled right after the dianoga let Luke go...

Macro-binoculars to see “there are 2 banthas”...

Hydro-spanners falling on Hans head...

• Options
    Haruk wrote: »
    Yoda requires a Mk 12 ArmaTek Holo Lens, which gives him +40 agility(which increases physical crit rating), +100 physical damage, and +85 physical crit chance.

Which is weird, because none of his abilities deal physical damage.

Meaning that out of the 5 stat boosts this piece of gear grants, he only truly benefits from two of them. The agility bonus adds to his armor, but that's it. At least if they gave him Str instead, he would get health and armor.

Would it have been too OP for him to have a piece of gear that instead granted special damage/crit chance?
    I feel bad for you having just found this.
    I realized it a long time ago & it annoys the heck out of me. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

I've held characters back from gear items because I'm annoyed at having to put a 100 piece combine item that gives TACTICS to a TANK. (I go looking for a Support/Healer to give it too instead)

And while you can argue that giving the Tank a STR item would have lead to him being too powerful of a tank.
    And I agree w/ character balance that is an issue.

The part where the ARE completely ****** the players to make money is when they stick that 100 piece gold combine item on the Tank instead of being nice & just making you use some lower tier Green item with +5 to all stats that would have been a pretty low boost & not make you take that 36 Tactics item away from a Support/Healer that could have used it.

Its not like we wouldn't have 100 piece combines still, just less of them & used appropriately.
    They would still get spenders to make them items, you'd just see a little more reward for spending your hard earned cash.