Give Us All The Details, Please

13Next

Replies

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No stress... its content most simply can’t play, and by the time most can play it the kits will be out dated and thus the content will be pointless. The sooner most accept that this content is not for them the easier it will be to move on to the next thing (that also won’t be intended for the majority of players)....
    It's content everyone can play. If they build towards it.

People complained about all sorts of things being whale content that are readily accessible now. Pretty much every event unit. All the raids. All the TBs. Then we work towards it, get it, engage the content, and all that jazz.

Just because it's not within reach day one doesn't mean it's impossible or it's not for you.

It’s just a real moral destroyer to know you have to relic garbage like Resistance Pilot, Rose, FOO or Phasma.
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    I really hope so.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Dont say Rose. Its like Beetlejuice, if we say Rose three times, then we will FOR SURE have to relic Rose......oh dear.....
    Make it R7. Please.

t0ry3ck0gadq.png

Still not a he.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Making First Order great again!

Please see below all the details you requested for. Do keep in mind that you’ll also be required to have all 4 ships at 7* along with a 7* Finaliser.

With all this in mind, please proceed to the gear and shard crunch.

nzd43ns497jd.jpeg
  • Remember when new characters were only in arodium packs and you had to spend money or just not get them. Were they game breaking characters? No, but this system is still better. Granted I would like to see content that's not a long stretch goal...like really badly.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

xleidftvqw6r.png
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Javick_Starage
    502 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    They did not lie. They changed their mind. Content still in development is subject to change. Part of the risk of communicating in advance like we've been asking is many details are not finalized, so it runs the risk of changing in development. That's not dishonesty. That's development. The thing that developers do.

We didn’t lie we changed our minds? Sort of like promising new content and neglecting to mention that only super whales will be able to complete (I.e lighside TB).

Yeah LSTB is *new content. I won’t be able to play it for another 2-3 years along with most of the player base, so again, whilst not technically a lie it isn’t exactly true either.

CG lie! Or at best CG deliberately mislead by omitting certain facts.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Alot of this stuff is being beta tested

Right, stop there. This is a falsehood. We haven't done the beta testing yet.
  • The more the GL info trickles out, the more I have a bad feeling about it.

The latest tidbit talked about earning tickets for the event, AFTER beating the quests to unlock the event.

Can you please just tell us everything we need to know about this event already? Players are trying to make strategic decisions about these GL toons without even knowing how they will be unlocked, what the kits look like, or really anything other than that they are coming.

Can you please give us all of the details for these events and characters already? It is very hard to do anything other than hoard like crazy right now without knowing the basics. And yes, I mean the basics.

Right now it seems like CG is making it up as they go. Internal review that changes from not all toons needing relics to all toons needing relics. CG has basically admitted that they don't even have the character models finished yet. Tickets for the event. It is supposed to be a 7* unlock for the GL toons, but does that simply mean we can't unlock them until we complete the event X number of times through earning tickets?

A little bit of upfront, honest communication would go a long way right now.

Here is my guide for SWGOH - Future Galactic Legend Farming

Their is only one strategy you need to know. $$$$$ - What to buy, when to buy, how to buy.
    In terms of farming. Make a list of characters not in GAME yet. i.e Snoke / Jedi Master Luke
    then open your roster and find the worst toons associated to unlocking (the ones we never farm because they are AWFUL. Farm them.
    MASS HAUL relic matts - You never know what terrible toon u might need to relic.
    STOP farming anything for GAC - we don't get the resources to focus on both. Prioritize 1 or the other.
    NEVER GO AFTTER THE META - because once you have it, it will be irrelevant. FARM for the META after the current one!
    Don't waste time on MODS - The SPEED PROC has been set to virtually NEVER - best wait until they bring out PAY for 7 DOT MODS. BUY SPEED then.

if u don't want to-do all that then follow this simple rule. MY GOLDERN RULE - what ever u enjoy doing do the opposite. CG love getting us to-do what we hate doing. They seem to thing we thrive in being miserable.
    i.e farming terrible characters, and sticking relic on toons we simply have no use for. SO if you focus on mundane, monotonous, drudgery aspects of the game and leave all the fun stuff alone the odds are when the next GL comes out you might actually turn that frown upside down ;)

GLUCK!

• TVF
    36594 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    There was supposed to be a 5 year plan, yet they don’t know how we are gonna get these “ tickets”.

Source?

xleidftvqw6r.png
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019

Not what I was talking about.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Source?

xleidftvqw6r.png

Not what I was talking about.

taznqg3126j5.png
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224342/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2020
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    No stress... its content most simply can’t play, and by the time most can play it the kits will be out dated and thus the content will be pointless. The sooner most accept that this content is not for them the easier it will be to move on to the next thing (that also won’t be intended for the majority of players)....
    It's content everyone can play. If they build towards it.

People complained about all sorts of things being whale content that are readily accessible now. Pretty much every event unit. All the raids. All the TBs. Then we work towards it, get it, engage the content, and all that jazz.

Just because it's not within reach day one doesn't mean it's impossible or it's not for you.

This. I much prefer the long-term road map it provides, as opposed to me wondering what to farm next or what characters to put gear into. Sure, some more details would be nice, but at the very least, I know not to go dumping zetas on GMY's or DN's leadership or wasting anymore relic mats on Geos. For early and mid-game players, they already had a "map" of sorts (with Malak, GAS, etc.) - but for end-game players or at least those who can see the tip of the spear - even if we're not quite on it - it's nice to have something to work toward.

I, for one, welcome our relic-laden, gear-grinding overlords.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • People who understand that content becomes playable if you build towards it: "hey it was like this with literally all content that's ever been released"

Everyone else: 200.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They obviously don’t know all the details themselves. Apparently it’s all going through “internal reviews”.
  • ZaneMorell wrote: »
    They obviously don’t know all the details themselves. Apparently it’s all going through “internal reviews”.

Its almost like internal reviews are a part of the design, development, and testing process of software production. *GASP*
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • There’s so much evidence of testing before release nothing has ever come out bug free or had interactions that weren’t anticipated. You’re right. My mistake....
  • TJax
    101 posts Member

Source?

Them not saying yet /= don't know

The February 2020 State of the Galaxy specifically says “We are still working out the specifics of where the tickets will be earned, but we expect players to be able to earn these tickets every day”.

So they don’t know how we are going to get the tickets. They do know how long after release it will take for the first GL unlocks to happen. It may be save tix for 6 months and unlock in one completion, it may be play once a week and unlock after 24 completions. But as @ly4oy4s stated. They don’t know how we are getting these tickets. Stop trolling.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    I’m thinking that a high % of players are waiting to see which GL to go after before dropping resources. CG cannot determine the future, tuning new raids, assault battles etc, without that data. So CG implemented these tickets to incentivize players into finishing the prereq quests earlier.

I’m hoping this GL event is like a replayable personal mini raid. I also hope the new GL chars are not arena breaking but are used more in pve. And instead of a new lvl cap increase CG is using GLs stat boost mechanic to allow for harder content.

I hope it’s a mini raid too but the problem is you’ve got such a huge gate into that content. For a random player who doesn’t necessarily keep up with the meta they’re months away from getting this done. I think striving for content is good for the game but when you are a year away...that seems futile.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Event might have a ticket structure because it might reward gear, mod salvage, relic materials on top of character shards.

If so, it makes sense to limit the number of attempts for the event. It will also encourage replaying the event once you have the character unlocked.

Doesn’t that seem like an even bigger gap for the haves and have nots? Like cool you unlocked Rey now you get an even bigger boost?

To be clear, I’m pushing for Rey and I’ll unlock her pretty shortly after release so this only benefits me. But for most players this will be pretty crappy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    GerTarrant wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Varaben wrote: »
    I’m thinking that a high % of players are waiting to see which GL to go after before dropping resources. CG cannot determine the future, tuning new raids, assault battles etc, without that data. So CG implemented these tickets to incentivize players into finishing the prereq quests earlier.

I’m hoping this GL event is like a replayable personal mini raid. I also hope the new GL chars are not arena breaking but are used more in pve. And instead of a new lvl cap increase CG is using GLs stat boost mechanic to allow for harder content.

I hope it’s a mini raid too but the problem is you’ve got such a huge gate into that content. For a random player who doesn’t necessarily keep up with the meta they’re months away from getting this done. I think striving for content is good for the game but when you are a year away...that seems futile.

CG figuratively just creamed in their jeans after reading your post. They literally want one thing at this point more than anything else and that’s game longevity.

I think that depends on how much they can wring out of the player base in a given period of time.

If the game were to last 2 more years but make them 2 billion dollars, I think that would be preferable to them than the scenario where the game lasts five years but only makes 1.5 billion.

Longevity is definitely not desired if the player base is not spending money, so no, longevity is not their primary concern.

Wait, you honestly think they'd rather make 2 billion than 1.5 billion? Color me suprised !
  • leef wrote: »

CG figuratively just creamed in their jeans after reading your post. They literally want one thing at this point more than anything else and that’s game longevity.

I think that depends on how much they can wring out of the player base in a given period of time.

If the game were to last 2 more years but make them 2 billion dollars, I think that would be preferable to them than the scenario where the game lasts five years but only makes 1.5 billion.

Longevity is definitely not desired if the player base is not spending money, so no, longevity is not their primary concern.

Wait, you honestly think they'd rather make 2 billion than 1.5 billion? Color me suprised !

Money > Longevity in the decision making process for CG. I was simply pointing out that longevity is in fact, not their primary goal. Color yourself however you like.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Money > Longevity in the decision making process for CG. I was simply pointing out that longevity is in fact, not their primary goal. Color yourself however you like.

Then maybe your example should have been inverted - 1.5 billion over 2 years vs. 2 billion over 5 years.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    People who understand that content becomes playable if you build towards it: "hey it was like this with literally all content that's ever been released"

Everyone else: 200.gif

xxC2AmX.gif
  • GerTarrant wrote: »

It is generally cheaper to retain customers than acquire new customers. Same things for workers. Startup cost associated with a new game would be huge when you combine development with marketing and incentives to get players to sign up who played the previous game that is now shuttered.

Profit and longevity are intertwined here. Of course they've rather have the game make $1B/year instead of $300M/year, but they're probably not in any rush to sink money into a new product because the old one is done.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Then maybe your example should have been inverted - 1.5 billion over 2 years vs. 2 billion over 5 years.

No, that would partially negate my point.

If revenue and longevity are higher on one side of the equation then of course they will choose that. If the two data points are higher/lower on either side of the equation then they have to decide which data point is more important to them. My point was that money is more important to them than longevity.
  • We didn’t lie we changed our minds? Sort of like promising new content and neglecting to mention that only super whales will be able to complete (I.e lighside TB).

Yeah LSTB is *new content. I won’t be able to play it for another 2-3 years along with most of the player base, so again, whilst not technically a lie it isn’t exactly true either.

CG lie! Or at best CG deliberately mislead by omitting certain facts.
    It is not whale content. It is not super whale content.

The only way you won't be able to play LSTB for years is if you have a very young account in a guild that cannot meet the GP requirements and your roster is not attractive enough to get into a guild that does.

GP requirements and recommendations where posted well in advance of release. They said before release that the TB was designed with relics in mind.

However, in the more likely event that you are an established player whose guild meets the power recommendations... congratulations! You can play Geonosis LSTB. A mode which firmly does not have a binary win state. If you get four stars, you have engaged and won at Geonosis LSTB. You may not have won as much as you'd like. You can work to win more. But you still won.

This is not a situation where you were lied to or deceived or key information was withheld. This is a situation where you're applying extra rules from nowhere and complaining that someone not beholden to them broke your rules.
    Still not a he.