Will Rey and Kylo GL be needed for future GLs?

Prev1
I've made the decision I'm not going after either of these GLs. I have no interest in gearing characters I do not care about in order to get them. I don't believe it was ever stated but what are your thoughts on needing the first set of GLs in order to qualify for the next? I'm not saying they would be used in the event but you would need to have them in order to play for the next set. I don't think CG would go this way but it would certainly be a giant kick in the balls if they did.

Replies

• Seems unlikely. More likely that GLs would be needed for some other, even-harder-to-obtain class of mega-character, similar to how Heroes require Legendaries.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Keep in mind that those GL chars are not their final form!
    We may need them in future to unlock other characters but this is just a prediction.
  • Do u think GL luke will not require GL rey?
  • Do u think GL luke will not require GL rey?

I think that depends on which incarnation of Luke would be the GL. If it’s ROTJ Luke, then no, I wouldn’t thing GL Rey would be necessary. If it’s Master Luke from the new trilogy, then probably.
  • Yes they will
  • They will probably be GLs from the different eras. ROTJ Luke and some type of Vader like Rouge One version. At least I hope for some version that will make the Empire great again.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    GL Luke will require thirteen Ebon Hawks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    GL Luke will require thirteen Ebon Hawks.

So 13 more trash...lol
  • They will be required to unlock Ben Swollo
  • GL Rey will be required for ep8 Luke who is a force projection, who you put with your jedi in geo Tb. The ai will constantly target him while you hit auto and wait the 30 minutes for your other weak jedi to finally do enough dps to win.
  • Of course they will be needed. Every character will be needed for something somewhere
  • GL Kylo cracked mask will be needed to unlock GL Kylo un-cracked-masked
  • Anyone who has watched R7 Fives get one-shot by Droideka on Phase 1 of LS Geo TB realizes that GL characters will be "required" to participate/compete in future content.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    I doubt it, these are being marketed as the pinnacle of swgoh. My guess is that there will be a GL for every (major) faction at some point

You're assuming the next "pair" will be released quickly behind the first - and easy to gear toward. Obtaining the necessary resources via TB, TW, raids, etc for following GLs will probably be significantly easier for those who obtain the first pair sooner rather than later (or not at all). Just a guess.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I doubt it, these are being marketed as the pinnacle of swgoh. My guess is that there will be a GL for every (major) faction at some point

You're assuming the next "pair" will be released quickly behind the first - and easy to gear toward. Obtaining the necessary resources via TB, TW, raids, etc for following GLs will probably be significantly easier for those who obtain the first pair sooner rather than later (or not at all). Just a guess.

And probably absolutely required for the next level raid. I’m sure that will be ridiculous.
  • They said recently it is very difficult to create new chars and now they present GL needing all these old chars but with high relics...this is an easy way for cg to grab our money without much effort. I think every new GL will need all these old useless chars on relic 4-7...including farmboy Luke, the gamorian guard, tusken and so on...the same with the ships...and all is getting more ridiculous as farmboy luke r7 still can’t beat bb8 g11....like it was in the movies hehe...
  • After seen Ebon Hawk as Raddus requirement I think anything is possible.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »

And probably absolutely required for the next level raid. I’m sure that will be ridiculous.

This. There will probably be no way to touch heroic without at least one GL. Remember that any future content needs to be designed with them in mind, so if the power gap is large, "normal" units will struggle with anything new.
  • So no one can possibly know the answer to your question, and CG probably wouldn't be able to answer it either, BUT looking at the meta teams that have come and gone, they were all needed at some point for content. There is no way you can expect to skip out of the current GLs completely and not have to pay the price at some point.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    So no one can possibly know the answer to your question, and CG probably wouldn't be able to answer it either, BUT looking at the meta teams that have come and gone, they were all needed at some point for content. There is no way you can expect to skip out of the current GLs completely and not have to pay the price at some point.

100% This. CG has provided a clear road map moving forward for difficult/end-game content. Ignore the map at your own peril.

• I will skip and wait for OT era GLs. I’ll take my chances. I’d rather gear up up all the BHs or Empire than some of this stuff. It will be my own choosing.
  • For next FO capital ship we will be required 2 ewoks , 1 tusken and 3 jawas and 1 geonosian ship
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    I will skip and wait for OT era GLs. I’ll take my chances. I’d rather gear up up all the BHs or Empire than some of this stuff. It will be my own choosing.

Bravo. More people should play how they want and have fun.

Of course, they should also then not complain when their choices make arena or GA or TB more difficult for them...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • For next FO capital ship we will be required 2 ewoks , 1 tusken and 3 jawas and 1 geonosian ship

My bet is on the Emperor's shuttle. But if they are going to repeat brilliant idea with Ebon Hawk they also can include Sith Bomber and/or Fighter.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    yeah probably emperor shuttle correct