Da Fakguy, Erosione, Plee, Fozz, AI, Irwin, Akrizon

Someone on this Server? Most people are probably in Asia, like me.

Replies

• Wow, someone on my server!
    I recognise the name from a post you just did, I go by the name phantom on our shard. Ranked around 70-80.
    I'm in Australia.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Cool to meet you! Finally somebody from Asia!
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    California here
  • Surprised about the diversity of time zones!
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    I've always been curious with what everyone's times zones are... The posturing goes on all the time on our server/shard. So there is definitely some diversity there.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    If this thread is still active, i'm on this shard, PDT. Shall we form the Arena mafia? lol.

It seems da fakgay and Al are both PDT as well? ;)
    Post edited by scootle on
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Yeah some people are active!
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    @scootle, @fishcake (da fakgay), and I are both PST. So are Akrizon and @ImperialRebel (coolcatsface).
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh snap! I found out the hard way that @fishcake is PDT tonight. :) I popped #2 and he popped me right back. hahaha. I tried to unseat @Delmon_Ciiidrr without success. :(

I know "Irwin" is payout one hour before us, but I don't know if anyone has contacted him. :)

@oALo we are all in awe of your roster in my guild when I post screenshots. lmao. 38,409+ arena power, lolwut?

I haven't really messed with you big boys up top in Arena previously, but figured I'd go poke some whales in the belly. :D

Good times guys!
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    I'm a low man in my guild :)

Competition is always good! Get up there and get yourself some crystals. Maintaining a higher PvP ranking will go a long way too sustain toon growth. It's all about building out strong teams to get through that T7 and getting yourself some of that delicious loot (when RNG lets you that is....)
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Yeah, it was fun to actually have to puzzle out how to navigate the Arena bracket tonight. Will be back to putter around some more.

I agree... Arena has always been the only sustainable source of crystals to float rosters, esp as a mostly F2P. I wish I knew this about 5 months ago when I started playing in Nov... haha.

Anyhows, keep in touch!
  • fishcake
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    What's up everyone in my leaderboard? it is da fakgay here. How's everybody's guild goes? I pretty sure AL's guild goes well.
    Delmon_Ciiidrr is in Asia? Well I am from Asia but currently I am in California.
    unfortunely, PLEE have left this game. He is one of the oldest players in our serves and I remember when he showed up in the top ten while I was still out of 100th. Just telling the message. Good luck with all of you. And....
    May the force be with you.
    @oALo @Delmon_Ciiidrr @scootle
    Da fakgay
  • Based in california and awake at this time! When do you sleep?

Yes people are leaving, some new faces are showing up, it stays interesting!
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Yeah... I've seen a lot of guys that were high on the leaderboard leave over the paste few months. Irwin is still around, but you rarely see him stay in the top 4 anymore. I remember when Tenshin led our boards (of course this was back in early December, before Irwin invested).... He actually still plays, I saw him some where in the top 200.
  • fishcake
    16 posts Member
    I usually sleep at 12, delmon, but it was weekend.
    Irwin is still that fancy to the jedi team. but jedi are weaker and weaker when the new characters come out.
    Da fakgay
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Irwin seemed active on MST time, so I don't think he's totally gone. His Jedi squad, however, does make for an easy hopscotch in the arena, so I guess I should thank him for that? :)

I know Shimmy117 is also active at PST payout, I bumped him and he bumped me at least twice now. We already mentioned Akrizon is also PST.

Basically, if you aren't locked at 6:52pm PDT (UTC-7)... well... you are up for grabs. Hah.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Oh also, I tried to tap @oALo for giggles during arena guild task and yeah... not going to happen. Please accept my ally request so I can enjoy your crazy toons vicariously in PvE missions! :)

Our shard is oddly static lately top #1-3... very hard for non-invested players to crack fully geared L80 lineups that have full access to Omega abilities. :(

I've just been aiming for #4 or #5 if I am active to snipe them, else it's really a lost cause, for the most part due to the gear/level/ability gapping in this game in the status quo.
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    If I have one goal in arena, it's to make it a challenge or a roll of extremely good RNG to beat me. Right now gear is more important than toons. Once everyone is equal on gear then you see true synergize teams come one. Right now we just build teams that are as immune to the RNG teams as possible.... Anyone running dooku Daka should have issues.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Help guys, I'm surrounded by whales! Good times.

pd3puHGl.jpg

I will state for the record, G10 Rey with Omega Basic is a godsend for Arena viability, bar none. The devs have some work to do for sure.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Man @oALo your goal FAILED... You just try to cut other people out, it's easy to defeat you anytime... Not RNG it's just easy. The only thing you do is play every clocking hour.... To cut people out, too bad we all know your payout and I'm going to make it a nightmare if I want... Why don't you just climb up from like 6 to 1 in your payout and you instead spend 10$ per day refreshing at every hour???
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    I don't really get it either, why do you guys try to float yourselves at #1-3 during all hours of the day?

I mean I get it, if that's the game for you, but yeah, it makes no practical sense since there is essentially an arena payout for *someone* every hour of the day. Locking other players out of the only viable source of crystal payouts is indeed a little bit of a ****-move.

I happen to be in the PDT payout time so I see how the posturing and chronic lock-outs are abused by everyone involved... that's the system we are dealt. It is what it is.

But as Erosione says... nobody is infallible. From the other night, you snooze, you lose.

P7EWLpTl.jpg

I just honestly don't have the patience to play this hide and seek game of who can refresh faster or more often on a daily basis forever.

• oALo
    52 posts Member
    :). You did get me... I have a wife and kids so it's hard to always be in action (that was a date night, so ya know priorities!). Me and gay find different ways to take top at our payout. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. If you want to really understand why we try to stay in the top 3 feel free to Pm me or join Line and send me a DM there o_al_o. It's all in good fun!
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    oALo wrote: »
    :). You did get me... I have a wife and kids so it's hard to always be in action (that was a date night, so ya know priorities!). Me and gay find different ways to take top at our payout. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. If you want to really understand why we try to stay in the top 3 feel free to Pm me or join Line and send me a DM there o_al_o. It's all in good fun!

Yeah, that's why I said... if that's the game for you, so be it. :)

Everyone plays however they want, in the end. Will look you up on LINE later. Would be fun to chitter chatter and complain about the game (since we can never do that enough).
  • oALo
    52 posts Member
    Cool man, The artist formerly known as delmon (now salaryman) is on their too. We started up a group chat for our LB. any one is welcome to it (just need a message from you on line).

The whole tank thing has little to do with beating my chest really (we all know once your geared there is nothing called defense), it has to do more with min/maxing the game. What's the easiest way to maintain myself without spending to much time/money. Unfortunately that can sometimes have unintended consequences (such as making other player mad or frustrated). And I get it if that means you loose out on your payout. Rule of thumb is get the position your ok with staying, before pushing for A higher position.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    From a "community" point of view, it does make sense to float something like positions 6-10 (or lower) to let the other timezones take their stab at 1-5 during payout, but hey, that's just my thought. :)

That said, it is supposed to be an "arena" so all is fair in love and war.