Considering a return to the game

I am now on an Android device, so I would be starting over. In general terms, what have changed in the last couple of years?

Do I still have to be on at 7 pm for fleet, 8 pm for arena and so on to stay competitive as a dolphin?

I remember there were some very good guides for progressing through the game. Can someone point med towards some up to date guides?

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    You can change your squad arena payout time. I think you can only do this once per year though.

There a section in this forum for new players that has various guides - not sure how up to date it is though. Or you can check out YouTube or ask around your guild if / when you join one.

The game isn't particularly free to play friendly these days. Gen Skywalker has steep entry requirements and the forthcoming Galactic Legends are also very steep.
  • As a dolphin if you are looking at starting over the hyperdrive bundle is where you want to start. Ahnahldt101 and cubsfanhan both have good youtube series on their alt accounts where they got the hyperdrive bundle and can direct you on how to progress
  • To really play this game from scratch, you kind of have to invest in the hyperdrive bundle now. Obviously you can survive without it, but you'll have to get lucky and hope your shard doesn't have a lot of other players who did invest in it, otherwise your arena shard is going to be impossible. That being said, they do have cross platform account linking now. You could transfer your apple account over to Android if that's something you are interested in.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    giphy.gif[img][/img]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Exletion wrote: »
    To really play this game from scratch, you kind of have to invest in the hyperdrive bundle now. Obviously you can survive without it, but you'll have to get lucky and hope your shard doesn't have a lot of other players who did invest in it, otherwise your arena shard is going to be impossible. That being said, they do have cross platform account linking now. You could transfer your apple account over to Android if that's something you are interested in.

There is no getting lucky. You either buy the bundle or accept that you’ll never do anything in arena. New players are reporting hundreds of hyperdrive bundle players at the top of new shards.For new players arena is strictly a pay to play mode now. And in my opinion if you can’t do reasonably well in arena then you can’t make meaningful progress at anything approaching a reasonable time frame. Walls are so high now it’s painfully slow going without spending if you are starting over (it’s different for long established F2P accounts.)

And now you won’t catch up. It used to be that once whales had paid up to the top of whatever the current progression system max was there would be a lull where low spenders could make a little relative progress. Whales could only get so far ahead. That process has happened so many times that now, if you start today, there is so much real estate between you and spenders that you will never catch up in your lifetime. And CG has no interest in removing old paywalls to speed up the early game portion that takes years now unless you spend.

Not saying don’t come back to the game. You just need to be willing to accept that as how things are now.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I honestly wouldn't at this point, purely because of mods. Sooner or later you'll be up against people that have been perfecting their mod collection for 3 years (not in your arena shard if you start over, but elsewhere) and you just can't really catch up in that area even by spending.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well, I strongly not recommend to getting back... I wish I could leave it too, but too many efforts and money spent :/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    google swgoh pillars. still a good guide but there may be more that take hyperdrive into account. farm mods every day as soon as you can. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, I strongly not recommend to getting back... I wish I could leave it too, but too many efforts and money spent :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Well, I strongly not recommend to getting back... I wish I could leave it too, but too many efforts and money spent :/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost

Yes! Thanks a lot :))
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    giphy.gif[img][/img]

This is the best advice