Help please cant save progress to google play samsung S4

Hello

Well, like a fool i dropped my phone into the loo last night. Ironically just finished GW for the first time last night too.

So the phone seems to be ok but i want to save my progress. when i press login to google play, it asks me to set up a profile, starting with gender, but when i select any of the options, the 'create' button is greyed out. ive tried numerous times, including all four (!) gender options.

Any ideas how to fix this? Worried ill lose my progress.

Im not even sure if this is a google, EA or samsung issue...

Many thanks
Ben

Replies

• bump. anyone? please?

Manyt hanks
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Alright the silly questions first. Do you have google play games installed? Did you put in the age as under 18?
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    Hello

Well, like a fool i dropped my phone into the loo last night. Ironically just finished GW for the first time last night too.

So the phone seems to be ok but i want to save my progress. when i press login to google play, it asks me to set up a profile, starting with gender, but when i select any of the options, the 'create' button is greyed out. ive tried numerous times, including all four (!) gender options.

Any ideas how to fix this? Worried ill lose my progress.

Im not even sure if this is a google, EA or samsung issue...

Many thanks
    Ben

I am sorry, but I have never had a problem with Google Play and, therfore, have never had a need to delve into all the options that could cause this kind of problem.

Generally, it sounds like some setting is causing you not to be able to sign in. I have seen others talk about an age setting. I would say start there.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Also why would you wait so long to link your account? It can normally be done upon reaching level 2, As you have opended GW you are well beyond that.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi

ive only been playing a few weeks, and its the first game ive played in about 20 years... i dled it for my son, but kind of started playing myself ... :wink:

ive never even used google play before. not really a gamer, or at least wasnt. must admit ive kind of got hooked on this... i tried to email google play but cant, got to ring? bit awkward at work. i have also emailed EA support but no reply as of yet.

phone seems a bit better now, cleaned out with alcohol and submerged in rice...

thanks for replying :) youve given me a few ideas to try/google. im not very good with phones i must admit.

many thanks,

Ben
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    @thee_pdx make sure you have this installed:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.play.games

It should be but some phones don't have it by default
  • Many thanks scuba, i appreciate your time! Ill have a look into it tonight.

Cheers, all the best.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Good luck!