Formerly "Useless" Zetas

I'm curious to see what the group has to say about some of the older zetas that were considered "useless" for a time that might have value now with relics, additional impact teams, and more difficult content. An example of this could potentially be Dengar's zeta. The extra recovery really didn't mean a whole lot since he would be stealthed pretty regularly and was often the last BH to go. This largely remains the same, but the argument for additional survivability in DS Geo TB could be made and if you aren't using a Bossk lead the extra recovery is nice.

The other one I'll bring up is Learn Control for Commander Luke. In the past it was definitely considered a luxury zeta, although I think with the state of the game now not only does the extra crit avoidance give a nice boost but the tenacity gains are huge against some of the crazy debuff teams out now.

What other zetas in your opinion have gained more use in the current game?

Replies

• Stormtrooper Han (especially paired with Wat Tambor) dan become ridiculously hard to kill once zeta’d and relic’d up...
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Stormtrooper Han (especially paired with Wat Tambor) dan become ridiculously hard to kill once zeta’d and relic’d up...

Considering I just slapped the zeta down and am one piece from G12 I'm happy to hear this. I needed a good "random tank" and he fit the bill
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    At the risk of starting a flame war, I think Dooku's zeta has become a lot more useful now that Separatists are so much stronger. The protection regen and crit immunity allow him much more survivability to keep spamming debuffs and whittle away the enemy's health with Nute's zeta, which adds further to the stranglehold Nute lead gives now.
  • Jbnf wrote: »
    At the risk of starting a flame war, I think Dooku's zeta has become a lot more useful now that Separatists are so much stronger. The protection regen and crit immunity allow him much more survivability to keep spamming debuffs and whittle away the enemy's health with Nute's zeta, which adds further to the stranglehold Nute lead gives now.

Absolutely. That's a good one because it really takes a high level Dooku to the next level
  • Jbnf wrote: »

Helps with the special mission with him and AV in DSGTB too.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I'm going out on a limb and saying K2 zeta. Hahahaha. Just to poke the bear. More people have geared Rogue One up for Home One fleets, so their team is usually G11+. If modded right, he's gaining a good amount of max protection each time he taunts and gets hit and under a zJyn lead he's regaining protection and filling that new max.

Now to make Bodhi's Zeta useful.

[/Pipedream ]
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Stormtrooper Han (especially paired with Wat Tambor) dan become ridiculously hard to kill once zeta’d and relic’d up...

My favorite tank when the game first dropped. Been meaning to beat him up and use him for fun, just haven’t had to resources and others have taken priority.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Pao with Commander Luke a 3p0. He attacks 3 times on basic, so with with the expose he actually hits hard.... CLS zeta with Pao Zetas makes Pao take a turn all the time.
    https://youtu.be/Y6SFu_hoP04
  • I bet an R4+ zSavage would be really annoying to kill.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I bet an R4+ zSavage would be really annoying to kill.

Someone on one of the posts said exactly this. I wish I could figure out who it was because I would be curious to ask how he performs.
  • zRose Tico
  • Jbnf
    120 posts Member
    Where do you use your Zavage? Do you feel like you get good use out of him?
  • @SparkyBurns yeah he's okay , put him in a Zmaul team with sithAss, SiT and Zvisas.

Can hold a few on defense ,if you go in without fracture, isolate or something like that you will be screwed could add my 120k health zarris instead of visas but its more of a throw away team and I have zarris on my padme.
  • Very interesting, thanks for the notes. My Sith are woefully inadequate and I've considered a couple different paths than the traditional ones to boost the faction. Since I have Maul's zeta already I've considered that team just for funsies but if it actually has some use that would be great
  • Very interesting, thanks for the notes. My Sith are woefully inadequate and I've considered a couple different paths than the traditional ones to boost the faction. Since I have Maul's zeta already I've considered that team just for funsies but if it actually has some use that would be great

Well at r6 I can solo quite a lot of g11-12 teams like ewoks and stuff. But i enjoy the thought of someone in my league( 3.2 mill) having to use a meta team or suffer against it , I've had him time out on defense to night sisters but a lot of the other toons are not even g12 on the Zmaul team (6* Sas +SiT) so I'm guessing I could make it work a little better.
  • I feel like Old Daka was an old “useless” zeta that is really good now. It bolsters the nightsisters
  • I feel like Old Daka was an old “useless” zeta that is really good now. It bolsters the nightsisters

That zeta has been good since sith raid
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    I feel like Old Daka was an old “useless” zeta that is really good now. It bolsters the nightsisters

That zeta has been good since sith raid

And even better since relics.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • General Skywalker.

His zetas are useless at G11
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I'm going out on a limb and saying K2 zeta. Hahahaha. Just to poke the bear. More people have geared Rogue One up for Home One fleets, so their team is usually G11+. If modded right, he's gaining a good amount of max protection each time he taunts and gets hit and under a zJyn lead he's regaining protection and filling that new max.

Now to make Bodhi's Zeta useful.

[/Pipedream ]

Bodhi's zeta isnt bad at all, its his other skills...