Guilds and mods

At what level should i start looking into joining a guild over the starter guild? I'm in the early to mid 50s with only a couple of 5*s. I've stayed in the starter guilds and slowly getting bumped up.
Also, when should I worry about leveling up my mods to equip? I have cleared all the battles except stage 9 thanks to allys; however, I haven't been able to clear the 2nd tier for the speed mod challenge.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• Options
    You seem to be ahead of things, mods wise. If you have access to 5 dot mods, upgrade and use them. Sell everything else. Don't worry too much about the tiers you've not finished yet. That will come in time.

As far as guilds go, that's up to you. I recommend sticking with the starter guilds for now. Around level 80 or so, switch to an active guild which can help you along.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    asap. just be careful with the mods bc they use a lot of gold early game. don't spread resources too thinly. look in the ally code thread for powerful allies which will help you beat harder nodes than you could on your own, which gives you access to better rewards/shards
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips. I can get a few 4 dot mods, but no 5s yet. I've been working on the phoenix team to go after thrawn and palp.
  • Options
    Around level 65 you can do guild events (tb and tw). You will probably get much better rewards being in a real guild for those rather than a starter guild.

The other idea would be as soon as you can get a single 7 star character and you can take part in heroic pit and tank raids.
  • Options
    I seriously wonder if I am playing the same game as other people....anyway, I digress.....you should get into a REAL guild ASAP. Go to reddit. They have a forum for guilds of all shapes and sizes. The rewards you get from a real guild will be worlds better than what you get from the starter guilds. As far as mods go, I had a lot of the same questions when I first unlocked them. I'll tell you what someone told me....Until you can get the 5 dot mods, use the 3 dot ones. The performance difference between the 3 and 4 dot mods are not that different but the cost is. Once you are able to access 5 dot mods then get rid of everything but the 5 dot ones. Hope this helps
  • Options
    Oh okay, i will check it out.
  • Options
    Guilds: As soon as you can find one that will take you that is doing Heroic fights.
    You want to have a 7* character so you can zone into a heroic raid w/ that one character just to get credit & start building up Shards of Han (or maybe even Gen.Kenobi)

Mods:
    Do not farm the Battles for Mods. Just the 1 time to advance & that is it.

FARM mods from the Challenges Only.

Farm the Highest you can. So if its 5* Health but only 3* Speed, don't bother spending resources on the Speed Mods.

Don't bother Refreshing Green Energy till you get access to a Tier 3 Challenge for 5* Mods from good sets....
    Offense, Defense, Crit Chance, Speed, & Potency are IMO the better more common sets.
    Health, Tenacity, & Crit Damage are situational for only specific characters.

Pre-5* mods, sell all Greys except Arrows w/ Speed Primary & Triangles w/ Crit Damage Primary.
    Anything that is Green+, Sell if you don't see Speed at L1 in the secondaries.
    Don't try to level them, just sell them.

Mods are expensive to level & you'll get much better ones soon enough so you can afford to be picky about them.

You want mods that look good at L1 w/ Speed required & preferably some other good stats like Protection & Offense.

Your going to end up selling 90% of all the mods you farm at L1. Too expensive to gamble hoping a crappy starter improves till your years into the game & very rich.

Once you can summon good mod sets at Tier 5, then you start refreshing that Green energy when you can afford it & summon summon summon, just looking for the good starter mods & selling back 90% w/o leveling them.

Eventually you'll have a solid portfolio of mods, some will level up badly & you'll put those on lesser teams, others you'll get lucky & the leveling goes really well & gives you a shiny gem & you'll save those for top end Arena / Meta teams.