LS Geo Jawas.

Has anyone givin Jawas a try in Ls geo?
With the anti droid kits, I think it would have some potential, especially after seeing that ewoks aren't that bad.

Replies

• They’re gonna be god awful probably.

I mean Jawas are already terrible as it is
  • I like it in theory, but I have a hard time believing they have the sustain.

Ewoks have the potential for crazy TM gain, multiple sources of healing andProtection recovery and some pretty solid debuffs in Logray’s AOE daze And TM reduction, a revive, plus a solid hard hitting attacker in Wicket.

Jawas have... awesome thermal detonators and some stuns (with a bit of TM gain and healing from Engineer). Since TD’s do percentage health damage, and you have to chew up all the protection first (which is crazy high), I have to believe that the AOE attacks would beat them down pretty quickly.

If the TD’s Could chain together and remove multiple stacks of droid battalion from B1s and B2’s, you might have something, but I am reasonably certain that multiple detonators exploding at once would only remove 1 set of stacks (if somebody has practical experience with them against a player B1, kindly let me know if I am mistaken though!).

They might survive a wave, but I just can’t see them having the legs to go much farther... I’d gladly be proven wrong though!
  • Maybe that player knows we need to ask him to try

hyob05cxezdf.jpeg
  • Maybe that player knows we need to ask him to try

hyob05cxezdf.jpeg

I'm kinda jealous...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Their anti-droid kits will be as useful as they were in the tank raid.
  • Think jawas are underrated I've used them for alot more than geos.
  • I think the problem with Jawas will be the number of droids with stacks of Battalion. Would multiple detonators going off take out just one stack, or would each one take out one stack? But, more to the point, you're relying on multiple small attacks when you use them against Brood Alpha--against the teams in Geonosian TB you're taking a handful of INCREDIBLY strong single target hits. You'll be dead before the detonators go off.

I love my Jawa team, but not enough to try this. I hope someone does, because it'd sure be fun, but don't think it'd turn out as hoped.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Omeah wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think the problem with Jawas will be the number of droids with stacks of Battalion. Would multiple detonators going off take out just one stack, or would each one take out one stack? But, more to the point, you're relying on multiple small attacks when you use them against Brood Alpha--against the teams in Geonosian TB you're taking a handful of INCREDIBLY strong single target hits. You'll be dead before the detonators go off.

I love my Jawa team, but not enough to try this. I hope someone does, because it'd sure be fun, but don't think it'd turn out as hoped.

Multiple stacks of Courage also take multiple stacks of Droid Battalion, that’s not the problem. The problem is, as you also suggest, that jawas most likely cannot survive even a basic attack from the enemy.

Good to know!
  • Omeah wrote: »
    I think the problem with Jawas will be the number of droids with stacks of Battalion. Would multiple detonators going off take out just one stack, or would each one take out one stack? But, more to the point, you're relying on multiple small attacks when you use them against Brood Alpha--against the teams in Geonosian TB you're taking a handful of INCREDIBLY strong single target hits. You'll be dead before the detonators go off.

Multiple stacks of Courage also take multiple stacks of Droid Battalion, that’s not the problem. The problem is, as you also suggest, that jawas most likely cannot survive even a basic attack from the enemy.

The thing is people are using relic teams on lsgtb ,but we look at jawas as g9 characters go into swgoh.gg and you will see what kind of health they have at a equal relic lvl to the teams we use already .
    Eg chief nebit at r5 can have a combined total of 180,000 health and protection.

Same thing goes with imp troopers , since no one really relics them people think they have lost viability to beat NS but at the same gear with good mods it's the same as before.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    This thread has been addressed in the Jawa discord channel.

This guy has a full R7 team
    Care to ask him?
    https://www.facebook.com/rkik.dnec.9
  • This thread has been addressed in the Jawa discord channel.

Care to ask him?

As I dont have or use FB and as you are the no1 jawa lover on the forum could you ask and let us know ?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    well today I learned that jawas are light side
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I don't love Jawas. I need Jawas. My triumvirate even with Traya zeta still isn't there yet as a geo counter
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Misread thread as Lol Geo Jawas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't love Jawas. I need Jawas. My triumvirate even with Traya zeta still isn't there yet as a geo counter

It's just so satisfying when it works too.
  • Treeburner wrote: »

Care to ask him?

As I dont have or use FB and as you are the no1 jawa lover on the forum could you ask and let us know ?

You must be referring to me. They don't work.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Treeburner wrote: »

Care to ask him?

You must be referring to me. They don't work.

Gear lvl ?
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    Maybe that player knows we need to ask him to try

hyob05cxezdf.jpeg

I'm kinda jealous...

Jealous of really bad choices?

Some people are end game and/or just want to have fun .

The great thing about Jawas as a counter is that it’ll free up your Traya to counter someone else. Good luck farming! They’re worth it and have a high success rate even at g11. Even when you lose, you often blow up Spy and Soldier and make it far easier on your second team in.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    I don't love Jawas. I need Jawas. My triumvirate even with Traya zeta still isn't there yet as a geo counter

The great thing about Jawas as a counter is that it’ll free up your Traya to counter someone else. Good luck farming! They’re worth it

Disagree.

Everything has an opportunity cost and Jawas are not worth it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I don't love Jawas. I need Jawas. My triumvirate even with Traya zeta still isn't there yet as a geo counter

The great thing about Jawas as a counter is that it’ll free up your Traya to counter someone else. Good luck farming! They’re worth it and have a high success rate even at g11. Even when you lose, you often blow up Spy and Soldier and make it far easier on your second team in.

Early on I was thrilled as my jawas blew up geo teams over and over.

Lately, geo squads have gotten tougher, and it's just not worth gearing jawas to keep up. Yes, I can still take out full g12 geos with g11 jawas, but for 50 pts at best usually. For me lately, that has cost me GA losses.

Even if you're at the point in the game where you can afford to score 49 or 50pts, or even take 2 tries at an enemy squad, I think everyone will get to the point where anything invested in jawas will be wasted.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Lately, geo squads have gotten tougher, and it's just not worth gearing jawas to keep up. Yes, I can still take out full g12 geos with g11 jawas, but for 50 pts at best usually. For me lately, that has cost me GA losses.

Even if you're at the point in the game where you can afford to score 49 or 50pts, or even take 2 tries at an enemy squad, I think everyone will get to the point where anything invested in jawas will be wasted.

Maybe they’ll get a rework or touch up when Mando content comes out 🤷‍♂️

Idk...best rework they've gotten so far is a bug that devs decided to let fly
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Lynora wrote: »
    Maybe that player knows we need to ask him to try

hyob05cxezdf.jpeg

I'm kinda jealous...

Jealous of really bad choices?

Jawas are fun to use, make adorable sounds, and bug bombing is the funniest thing in the game to me.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Maybe they’ll get a rework or touch up when Mando content comes out 🤷‍♂️

Idk...best rework they've gotten so far is a bug that devs decided to let fly

Actually they did more than let fly