Overcrowded Fleet Arena

Is there anything I can do to help relieve the pressure of my super competitive fleet arena?
I have a mostly high relic GR fleet that is struggling to make top 100, in comparison, guildmates from around the same age are still dealing with Chimeras in the top 20-50.

This doesn't seem fair right?

Replies

• Luck of the draw, I am afraid...
  • Looks like you swam into whale infested waters.
  • Whale harder

I will trade you my arena.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Have you thought about being polite and saying, "Excuse me."? People these days man.... So much snowflake they can even ask for people to move outta the way.
  • (Glances up briefly from the two battles I have to do daily to get #1)

Yeah that sounds like not good times.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do to help relieve the pressure of my super competitive fleet arena?
    I have a mostly high relic GR fleet that is struggling to make top 100, in comparison, guildmates from around the same age are still dealing with Chimeras in the top 20-50.

Right! So wait until they lower the crystal output for squad and fleet arena and they gonna switch it over to something else which will be fair.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    You want some advice for your mostly-relic’d GR squad that is struggling?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

I know it'll be something bad, but go for it.

Also didn't Devs split up arenas in the past? Or was that a special whale case scenario?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Also didn't Devs split up arenas in the past? Or was that a special whale case scenario?

One fleet arena was split in two. Special scenario. Only happened this once.

Yes, I am in the fleet shard that got split and it is still extremely competitive even after the split.

Have you experimented with different starting lineups? HT and JKA will always start, but 5s or AT or Rex as the third can change the turn order in your favor. It helps if you can get your JKA to go first and getting GKs aoe daze off first is a nice bonus.
    Also, if you’re that far back it might be beneficial to spend on a couple refreshes so you’re not fighting the same people and find a sweet spot where you don’t get rolled back. I can only speak for my own shard, but I don’t see a lot of movement of different players in the top 20.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • before I can give specific advise, I’d have to know what fleet you’re using and what your opponents have. One of the biggest hurdles is star level to your negotiator. If their negotiator outstars yours, theirs is likely faster and you will have an uphill battle since generally the first to use mobilize wins in mirror matches. There are some tricks you can use to get yours off first, but it requires a close speed gap and for your JKA/Fives to outspeed their negotiator. If they can, open up with Fives’ special then JKA’s basic on HT. If you give valor to HT (who should go before their negotiator after their HT hits your JKA), your negotiator will go before theirs and the battle will be a lot easier. If your toons aren’t fast enough to make their happen, then you’re likely getting outclassed in either gear or stars.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

ha. I was just making the post that your team is "mostly" high-relic (and higher=better). For actual team advice as others said it would help to post the team/levels/starting v RI/etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Looks like you swam into whale infested waters.
    Who says it's whale infested waters? GR has been an extremely high priority faction for nearly a year now. A lot of F2P players have gone hard on them, went right for Negotiator, and have a high relic GR fleet. Same's true with Malevolence fleets. And a lot of players on mature shards are in very powerful guilds that can do well on Geonosis.

Folks get stuff without spending, y'know.
    Still not a he.
  • Luck of the draw unfortunately :( But you should be able to win every time on offense with a relic GR fleet (I'm not sure how Malevolence is against Negotiator though).
  • Malevolence is good agianst them too. I think its abit easier for offense negotiator to win agianst though. Really depends on opponents mine isn't fully complete or many relics so can struggle or fail when opponents are, but 50-100k above my team pwr is atleast 50/50 if not greater (depending on opponents lineups)
  • I think most people are missing the point of the original post. Some ship shards, in particular the OG ship shards that were created when ships were first released are VERY imbalanced in terms of competition. People in newer shards who have a modestly relic'd fleet and do their 2-3 ship battles a day to get back to the top don't seem to grasp how bad some of these early shard are. We're talking EVERYONE in the top 200 has a fully relic'd fleet and unless you're in the fleet chat, expect to be knocked back 2 places for every 1 you move up. It's likely not that the original poster can't win in fleet, it's that he doesn't want to do 10-15 battles every day to move near the top only be knocked back 10 places in the last few minutes before payout.

...and yes to your question, it's not fair. It's really crappy that some people can do 2 battles for first and other have to struggle to make top 100 with the same or an even a better fleet.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Ships is a part of the game that has never had a lot of development or need until recently.

Because of this there are loads of people who never cared about fleet. From any era there will be shards that are super dead, and some that are super competitive. It's all about when you happened to hit 60 in relation to others in that time period and nothing else.

As far as GR fleets go the a-number one most important thing your fleet can have is a high relic maxed out JKA/ETA2.

You don't even need Hound's Tooth. I take first every day I try to without hound's tooth in my fleet at all and never drop out of the top 20. Now I am on a less competitive shard than some, but what works works.

Definitely agree about buying refreshes to climb up higher. The higher in ranks you go the shorter ahead you can be seen. At rank 7 I can be hit by exactly 4 people. At rank 200 I can be hit by something like 30 people.

Spending on refreshes to climb as high as you can is pretty likely to actually save you crystals in the long run simply because you will decrease how much you get hit by decreasing the amount of people you are exposed to. They can't hit you if they can't see you.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    When ships released, if you logged into the game shortly after the content release and were high enough level you were assigned a ship shard at that time. Since many of the highly active players at the time were anxious to see the new content, we were all assigned the same shards.

Consequently, these shards formed the day that ships were released contain disproportionate amounts of highly active accounts. No amount of whaling or strategy will keep you at the top of these old ship shards.

In my shard, everyone on the top 50 has 7* negotiator or 7* malevolence. All the negotiators have r7 gk, R7 ani, R7 5s or ahsoka and relic ht to start. They all run the same reinforcements with a variant of the 5th, which rarely shows up.

I climb to my #1 or #2 payout every day, and every day that takes me between 5-9 battles depending on whether I was lucky overnight or not.

These daily grinds on the old active accounts are what is causing people to quit and CG should address it sooner rather than later or their favorite, not at all.
  • TJax wrote: »
    When ships released, if you logged into the game shortly after the content release and were high enough level you were assigned a ship shard at that time. Since many of the highly active players at the time were anxious to see the new content, we were all assigned the same shards.

Consequently, these shards formed the day that ships were released contain disproportionate amounts of highly active accounts. No amount of whaling or strategy will keep you at the top of these old ship shards.

In my shard, everyone on the top 50 has 7* negotiator or 7* malevolence. All the negotiators have r7 gk, R7 ani, R7 5s or ahsoka and relic ht to start. They all run the same reinforcements with a variant of the 5th, which rarely shows up.

I climb to my #1 or #2 payout every day, and every day that takes me between 5-9 battles depending on whether I was lucky overnight or not.

These daily grinds on the old active accounts are what is causing people to quit and CG should address it sooner rather than later or their favorite, not at all.

This guy is not in one of those shards if people who started in the same time frame are playing against Chimaera in the top 50.
  • Does OP have Negotiator though?
  • For those asking, Starting lineup: relic 4, 5* (soon to be 6) Negotiator
    Relic 5 Anakin,
    G12++ Fives
    Single zeta G12 Hounds Tooth
    Reinforcements are
    Clone sergeant, Plo and Ahsoka.

I currently sit at 101 with no Negotiator with a lower star or relic level above me.

My guildmate who's loving life in fleet arena started 2 - 3 months after me.
    I've played since before ships so I guess I'm in a day 1 fleet arena.

I'm fully prepared to be stricken down by "Negotiator low star lol" but I know my HT is pretty weak too.
  • Yeah, low star and low relic on Negotiator/GK aren't helping you at all.
    Like others have stated, I don't use HT with my GR fleet. I start with 5s (r4), Ani(r7) and Rex (g12), then reinforce with Plo (g12) or Sarge (g12) depending on how my starting ships are doing with health and debuffs. Then if i lose someone i bring in Snips (r4). With this team/strategy i can take 1st every day and never fall out of the top 20.

Anyway I recommend that you get your star count up on Negotiator, spend crystals on a refresh every day so you can climb higher, and join you fleet shard chat.