“Special Offer” button

Prev1
It’s time to remove the hyperdrive bundle button from the side of the screen. Keep it for players who are not 85 or those who can’t sim GW. This space needs to be for current events only.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited February 2020
    F2P have to live with advertisements

As far as the “ad” goes, it’s barely noticeable and doesn’t really affect my experience with the game

It’s not that bad aka suck it up
  • Ultra wrote: »

No, they don't. Nobody should be.
    Bedides, it's everyone who decided they don't want to buy the bundle who is forced to keep seeing it on screen, not just F2P.

First off, that’s not backed up by anything. It certainly hasn’t been the precedent in this game. And second, not buying the hyperdrive bundle is not the same as being f2p.
    Ultra wrote: »
    As far as the “ad” goes, it’s barely noticeable and doesn’t really affect my experience with the game

Doesn’t effect your experience. Clearly it effects other people’s or there wouldn’t be posts about it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Everyone has the ability to not let it affect their experience, and I don't mean by buying it. Easily ignored.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    literally unplayable!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I’m not FTP, although I haven’t spent in awhile.

It’s been there so long that I barely look over there anymore. I missed my first TW yesterday due to not signing up. While I’m not placing all the blame on that on the button, it certainly didn’t help. That space should be for current events only. It was the whole point why they started putting those notifications there in the first place.
  • Yesterday i was drunk and clicked on that button by accident and bought the pack
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Yesterday i was drunk and clicked on that button by accident and bought the pack

lolz
  • Yesterday i was drunk and clicked on that button by accident and bought the pack

Never drink and swgoh.
  • Actually i missed a TW thanks to this stupid button. If you start to ignore it you can ignore other things by accident if they again switch places.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Actually i missed a TW thanks to this stupid button. If you start to ignore it you can ignore other things by accident if they again switch places.

I ignore that button just fine without ever having missed an event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Actually i missed a TW thanks to this stupid button. If you start to ignore it you can ignore other things by accident if they again switch places.
    If you start ignoring road side advertising panels you might miss paying attention to speed limits so whoever put that furniture ad there is responsible for me driving at 200.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Don’t ignore it then?

What’s the harm in seeing the hyperdrive bundle special offer?

Do you get annoyed seeing TW event icon after you already signed up for it?
    Don’t ignore it then?

What’s the harm in seeing the hyperdrive bundle special offer?

Do you get annoyed seeing TW event icon after you already signed up for it?

At least the TW icon provides an easy way to navigate to an ongoing event.

For the trolls, I’ve provided an easy copy/paste template for ur response.

“Ya, but the hyperdrive bundle button provides easy access to an ongoing sale in the store.”
  • TVF wrote: »

Congrats hero.
  • GerTarrant wrote: »

At least the TW icon provides an easy way to navigate to an ongoing event.

For the trolls, I’ve provided an easy copy/paste template for ur response.

“Ya, but the hyperdrive bundle button provides easy access to an ongoing sale in the store.”

Almost as if it's true...
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    If you start ignoring road side advertising panels you might miss paying attention to speed limits so whoever put that furniture ad there is responsible for me driving at 200.

Speed limits are not optional, quite unlike the hyperdrive bundle, but thanks for playing!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Speed limits are not optional, quite unlike Territory War, but thanks for playing!

FTFY
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Speed limits are not optional, quite unlike Territory War, but thanks for playing!

FTFY

Touché. Enjoy your like good sir.
  • Obviously people are still purchasing it. If it wasn't making them money, CG wouldn't keep it there. It will stay there until it is no longer profitable, regardless of whether it is perceived as an "inconvenience".
  • I’ll give you it’s annoying, but it’s not game-breaking.

I just spent $50 to get my Malak to G13. I still see this ad. 🤔

How DARE you question Ultra! Know your place peasant!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited February 2020

the game is f2p fyi
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

How DARE you question Ultra! Know your place peasant!

um
  • TVF wrote: »

I admire your perseverance! ;-)

TVF wrote: »
    I did the math before I bought it. Independent of the shards (which I got zero of) and the zeta mats (which can't be converted to crystal worth), the rest far exceeded what you'd get for buying a vault of crystals and then using those to buy the same gear, energy, etc. Several times over.

This is irrelevant to someone that doesn't spend. If you're thinking of spending $100, this is the best use of that money in the game. If you can't understand that, ok, don't buy it.

Its game breaking when there are events that do not appear because the space this "give me $100 now" icon takes up

Its game breaking when there are events that do not appear because the space this "give me $100 now" icon takes up

What events have been blocked? I do not recall any
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I’ll give you it’s annoying, but it’s not game-breaking.

What events have been blocked? I do not recall any

If more than 3 events occur at a time you will not see the active event icon for the 4th event because the space is being taken up by the bundle. It doesn't always happen but it does when there are multiple events occuring at once.

You can still join the event so it isnt "blocked" but you are not visually notified that the event is occuring.
    TVF wrote: »

Congrats hero.

Not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.