Switching GL you're chasing?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I'm sticking to FO because I don't have almost any of the requirements for rey
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Let’s see, Resistance is better in, Raids PvP & PvE

Also LS GTB.

Plus the gearing requirements are literally equal.

Phasma is literally useless as a leader now

Never knew that resistance was better at LS GTB, are they better at LS hoth too ? ;)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Anyone currently going for resistance thinking about swapping to first order based on some of the requirements? Between the two while neither factions are great, resistance seems to require a lot more awful requirements and if/when rose is required that's even more utterly useless units.

If they require Rose I’m dropping everything and switching to FO

If they require Hux, I’m dropping everything and switching to Resistance

If they require both I’m dropping everything
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Lynora wrote: »
    I don't care about either of those characters or their factions... I'll continue working on characters I actually like, as I always have.

I did the same thing when the SOLO toons came out. I farmed Young Lando and L3 and those guys. You know what happened then? JKR happened.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lio wrote: »
    I don't care about either of those characters or their factions... I'll continue working on characters I actually like, as I always have.

I did the same thing when the SOLO toons came out. I farmed Young Lando and L3 and those guys. You know what happened then? JKR happened.
    There were people who were strongly adamant that Dreyden Vos or Beckett are legendary toons 😂😂
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

There were people who were strongly adamant that Dreyden Vos or Beckett are legendary toons 😂😂

I was definitely in that camp hahaha
  • Options

I would work on Ewoks: Caravan of Courage characters before them... I have Enfys Nest at 7 stars, and Qi'ra at 5 because of the easy bounty for her, but the rest of those Solo characters are still sitting at their marquee unlocks, hehe.
  • Options
    I think both sets of required units are equally terrible. I think no matter which one you go for you will have geared up a bunch of terrible characters that will destroy your chances against people in the GAC. Your G13 FO and Resistance is gonna get matched against G13 SE,Padme or GAS in the matchmaking.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    And, no, I'm not changing my mind. But the likelihood of New Finn and New Poe being needed means I don't have to rush. Farming them from 3* to 7* will take a couple months, so I've got time to gear up.

Agree. But a couple months is nothing for the gear and relics required. Hope you've already started.
    1vzncfu6mw03.png
    Yup.
    Foxer wrote: »
    Honestly just had a better shot at FO than Resistance.... so like most things I’m going path of least Resistance!

It’s honestly criminal how no one has praisef this joke yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This thread

kit3zb6kqt8i.gif
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I think both sets of required units are equally terrible. I think no matter which one you go for you will have geared up a bunch of terrible characters that will destroy your chances against people in the GAC. Your G13 FO and Resistance is gonna get matched against G13 SE,Padme or GAS in the matchmaking.

You don’t think those with G13 SE, Padme or GAS will be gearing up their terrible res and FO characters too, hence evening the MM?

Some will and some won't and it will really hurt when you get matched against those who choose not to.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

You don’t think those with G13 SE, Padme or GAS will be gearing up their terrible res and FO characters too, hence evening the MM?

Some will and some won't and it will really hurt when you get matched against those who choose not to.

I'm trying to picture a scenario where I have SE, Padme, and GAS, and my opponent does as well, and I also have GL Rey or Kylo, and they don't, and I'm at a disadvantage.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I'm trying to picture a scenario where I have SE, Padme, and GAS, and my opponent does as well, and I also have GL Rey or Kylo, and they don't, and I'm at a disadvantage.

I guess it depends on how beatable the GLs are on def. If you have relicked GL + prerequisities, your opponent has, say, full relic JKR and GG teams instead and the GL doesn't hold very well, I'd say they have an advantage. Of course, the chances that the GL won't hold very well are pretty low.
    Edit: I'm not basing this on your actual roster, just a hypothetical scenario.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

How about that 6+ month period where you have been gearing up your FO and Resistance but haven't yet unlocked the GL.

Also you will have geared up 2 teams worth of bad units to get maybe 1 viable team even with the GL. Really the only way you will have an advantage even when you get the GL is if it is unbeatable on defense.

I don't gear anything until I need it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the newest meta tends to be difficult to beat on D.
  • Options

How about the 6+ month period where you are still in the middle of gearing the FO and Resistance and don't have the GL yet?

Also even when you have the GL you will have at best geared 1 viable team and 1 bad team. While they will have geared 2 viable teams. The only way you have the advantage is if the GL is unbeatable on defense.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Anyone currently going for resistance thinking about swapping to first order based on some of the requirements? Between the two while neither factions are great, resistance seems to require a lot more awful requirements and if/when rose is required that's even more utterly useless units.

If they require Rose I’m dropping everything and switching to FO

If they require Hux, I’m dropping everything and switching to Resistance

If they require both I’m dropping everything

Can't really imagine that Rose will be needed. They did the same injector bundle for Holdo and she isn't needed too. She may be needed due to her cap ship. Don't really know what CG is planning tbh. Maybe they wanna play Canto Bight with Rose and Finn? Maybe that is why the old Finn is needed?

Hux should follow the same rule as Holdo. He should get his cap ship and the requirement should be a high cap ship (like with GS and Windu).

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

How about that 6+ month period where you have been gearing up your FO and Resistance but haven't yet unlocked the GL.

Also you will have geared up 2 teams worth of bad units to get maybe 1 viable team even with the GL. Really the only way you will have an advantage even when you get the GL is if it is unbeatable on defense.

Not necessarily. Every new meta is met swiftly by excited theory crafters. In the 2 years I've been playing I've never seen an unbeatable new meta team and this will continue.

Most people aren't good at theory crafting or even knowing about counters.
  • Options

How about the 6+ month period where you are still in the middle of gearing the FO and Resistance and don't have the GL yet?

Also even when you have the GL you will have at best geared 1 viable team and 1 bad team. While they will have geared 2 viable teams. The only way you have the advantage is if the GL is unbeatable on defense.

For a beginner-mid player it makes perfect sense to avoid GLs for now. How long can a veteran player do that though? The game is not merely GAC...and the impact of gearing -some- useless toons is not end all be all for GAc either. At most it can make the difference between kyber and aero which in term of rewards is almost nothing. What about arena, tw,tb,upcoming raid and anything that comes in the future?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Every new meta is met swiftly by excited theory crafters. In the 2 years I've been playing I've never seen an unbeatable new meta team and this will continue.

Most people aren't good at theory crafting or even knowing about counters.

So far they are 4-0 so I’d say they are better than you think. Only time will tell with GLs though but with this AI, pretty positive something old will beat them.

Who is 4-0?

I'm saying most people that play the game are not good at theory crafting and learning new counters. And those are the people you generally face in GAC.