Ship strategy for newb

So I just got to level 60. I'm currently trying to max out my Phoenix squad in regular battles. Wish I would have started doing that from the beginning, but they are getting better now(wasted shards and gear early on before I started reading the forums)

I currently have capitol ships for Tarkin, Mace, and Ackbar. I have the Jedi consular ship, resistance x-wing, clone sergeant a-wing, imperial tie fighter, and the geo starfighter. I'm assuming these are the same ones every one gets.

My plan is to keep maxing Phoenix to go after thrawn and EP, then GMY.

So just looking for advice. Currently can't even 3 star the first ship battle. I'm assuming that none of my fighters are worth upgrading on the long run. But I need to get them strong enough to use my SIM tickets and ship energy. Which ones should I upgrade. As far as capital ships, I would think that I should upgrade home one and Ackbar for my rebels, then go after phantom and ghost. Should I also upgrade the executrix for a dark side squad?

How does crew power affect ship power? Do individual stats like speed and protection cross over from the pilot?

Replies

• Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    The most important initial goal is to aim towards unlocking the Zeta mat challenge - you need Executrix and I think 3+ (previously 5....someone confirm please!) Darkside ships at 5*
    You obviously want to unlock the Lightside challenge tiers too.

Good Darkside ships:
    • The 3 Geo ships —> very effective if you have all 3.
    • Slave 1/Boba Fett —> very good early game + you should be farming Boba anyway for the credit heists, Also midgame Slave 1 is needed to unlock the MFalcon
    • Tie Silencer —> Same node as pilot! High damage ship & KRU is a great tank.
    • Tie Advanced —> Vader’s ship

Lightside I still think Rebels are better early game than Galactic Republic —> they also are needed to unlock Chimaera.
    • Biggs Xwing - critical = Tank
    • Wedge Xwing - also Wedge + Biggs work well together in GAC etc
    • Phantom & Ghost —> you will need at least a 3* Sabine,
    • Cassians UWing —> great reinforcement but not your first priority
    • Bistan’s UWing —> amazing if you gear up the pilots, but this is a luxury ship & not an early game ship.
    Post edited by Shadowscream on
  • Options
    Although not relating directly to ships,
    Worth adding you only want Phoenix good enough to unlock 7* Thrawn then avoid gearing them!
    You would be far better to then switch to an Empire or Jedi team in Arena. Ezra/Kanan at 7* will let you unlock GMY and Phoenix themselves can unlock Emperor Palpatine.

EP, Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn and TFP Empire Arena Team does have the advantage that they all have ships though 🙂