Darth Vader viability

2Next

Replies

• reizse wrote: »
    sid and vader have pretty good synergy. add in kylo and you have a killer 3 aoe team. i got wiped at rank 17 due to such a team...my 3rd loss in arena in over 120 matches. pretty impressive

try to face that when they have luminaria and Phasma as the leader and every single attack triggers an assist from Kylo so you get characters with 5 DoTs on 2 characters that are immune to healing and 3 others that have 3-4 DoTs AFTER THE FIRST ROUND.

I think that was the fastest Arena fight in recorded history....
  • Can someone try out this group
    Leader phasma
    Sid
    Vader
    Kylo
    Lumi
  • nubsors wrote: »
    Can someone try out this group
    Leader phasma
    Sid
    Vader
    Kylo
    Lumi

This is the team i am going for will take 3-4 days till i get kylo then I can try this
  • RAMifications
    189 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    nubsors wrote: »
    Leader phasma
    Sid
    Vader
    Kylo
    Lumi
    Imo there not enough dps there. Kylo just doesn't cut it in that group. With only one heal, sid MUST die first round or you risk a chatacter getting heal blocked. That group just isnt capable without some luck. I use fotp in kylo's place and 1-3 toons die per round, though I still would prefer barris in vader's spot as well - offensively anyways. I sometimes park vader in there my last round.
    --Nud Stark--
  • nubsors wrote: »
    Leader phasma
    Sid
    Vader
    Kylo
    Lumi
    Imo there not enough dps there. Kylo just doesn't cut it in that group. With only one heal, sid MUST die first round or you risk a chatacter getting heal blocked. That group just isnt capable without some luck. I use fotp in kylo's place and 1-3 toons die per round.

Have to disagree with Kylo not dealing enough damage, does pretty amazing for me at the higher levels
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    m0rality wrote: »
    I faced several Luminara, JC, Vader, Sid, Kylo/Sidious teams today. I was able to beat them all with lesser teams. Vader just doesn't do enough damage to be a serious threat....but I run a tank heavy team.

That doesn't really mean anything without context, and even then we know how bad ai is. I used a lvl 57 vader only 2.9k power so not fully geared, and then one with purple gear and they both crit for over 8k, the first with 4 debuffs and the second with only 3 so the argument that vader doesn't do damage is patently false. My team was only able to put 3/4 of the maximum 7 buffs available to my squad so you can see there is tremendous potential even for a 4* vader. For the record my 6* lumi only crits for 4.5k.
  • Just beat a rank 78 person fairly easily. I'll give it a better try tomorrow when I can finish his gear.
  • Have to disagree with Kylo not dealing enough damage, does pretty amazing for me at the higher levels

Consistently with that group you will only get ~5000 first round dmg. Its not enough without some crits. Sid is a must for the heal block, vader/kylo is a toss up for first round dmg, but together it is not enough. I am fighting teams much higher level than me in general fwiw, so maybe my issue isn't kylo's dmg but the enemy's hitpoint pool.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Have to disagree with Kylo not dealing enough damage, does pretty amazing for me at the higher levels

Consistently with that group you will only get ~5000 first round dmg. Its not enough without some crits. Sid is a must for the heal block, vader/kylo is a toss up for first round dmg, but together it is not enough. I am fighting teams much higher level than me in general fwiw, so maybe my issue isn't kylo's dmg but the enemy's hitpoint pool.

Could be a possibility, kylo and sid have saved my arena matches so many times its hard for me to not like kylo. I find use in him with my squad atleast :)
  • Vader is not farmable therefore he is not viable.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Vader is not farmable therefore he is not viable.

Yeah he will be stuck at 4* forever, but he will still be viable. He is on the tanky side and has a nearly limitless dps skill (although it takes effort to set up). Was just up against a gw team of sid/vader/kylo/obi. I put a junk team in, but if i fought it with no retreating i know i would have lost. I'm not saying its unbeatable or even super strong, but it is definitely viable. Perhaps not endgame but most of us aren't there yet.
  • Time wrote: »
    TheVinegru wrote: »
    Vader is not farmable therefore he is not viable.

Yeah he will be stuck at 4* forever, but he will still be viable. He is on the tanky side and has a nearly limitless dps skill (although it takes effort to set up). Was just up against a gw team of sid/vader/kylo/obi. I put a junk team in, but if i fought it with no retreating i know i would have lost. I'm not saying its unbeatable or even super strong, but it is definitely viable. Perhaps not endgame but most of us aren't there yet.

The more I talk things through with people on these forums, the more I'm convinced every character should be farmable from cantina, cantina shipments, arena, or GW.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I tried running a DS team for PvP, and I do run it as my B team in GW.

Sid, Vader, boba, tarkin, daka

It does great. Only thing it lacks is good healing. But doing all thier AoEs for first attack ( except tarkin who i do his debuff with first, then his AoE second ), Vader kills a character with culling blade on next attack ( always a healer )
  • Time wrote: »

He is on the tanky side and has a nearly limitless dps skill (although it takes effort to set up).

Don't confuse dmg with dps. His dps is low, but his one big trick is devastating. His dots add up on other team members but those are generally collaterally healed any way.

--Nud Stark--
  • Thx for all the input guys.I finally geared him up(couple of gear left at gear lvl 7) and brought him upto lvl. I am happy with him as a member in my squad cantina team. Will have to compare him with others once they hit 7*.
    Screenshot_20151225-014200.png
  • I feel quite flat after giving it a better go. Teams that I would normally destroy were able to overcome my attacks with simple heals. While Vader could get his culling blade out and do massive damage, it was typically too late to make a difference. I really need to get Kylo past *4 because he really does feel too weak until he takes over 50% damage. Maybe I'm playing the team wrong but it feels weak.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    m0rality wrote: »
    I faced several Luminara, JC, Vader, Sid, Kylo/Sidious teams today. I was able to beat them all with lesser teams. Vader just doesn't do enough damage to be a serious threat....but I run a tank heavy team.

That's the GW version the arena version doesn't run a healer it's to focused. Vader one shots tanks/healers regularly.

Phasma, Sid, Vader, Poe, and Ben. Phasma or Sid lead , your choice.

Credit to @JohnnySteelAlpha for the build
  • Vader is really viable at least for p2p players ( the whale ones).

Maybe for f2p he's nearly impossible to upgrade him to 5/6/7 stars. But hes still farmable from:
    1. Achivements
    2. GW 12 th box
    3. Some promo (ex. Samsung data packs)
    4. Gifts from dev (events) i hope. ^^

I hv seen a lot heavy p2p players upgrade vader to 5*, even a few of them almost reach 6*.

I just unlocked vader today n i love vader so much. I just glad no whiners say vader OP and etc, and its good thing.

Keep vader under the radar n good luck for everyone to farm him to 7stars (idk is it possible? Maybe some whale p2p players wanna share how much they soent to farm vader here)

Good day all

May the force be with u
  • The Vader, sidious, old Ben, IG-88 combo is quite potent on defence. The ai combos well in this set up, but this team is hard to develop.

Interesting. I have Old Ben and used him with IG88/Boba/Vader/Sid. On offense I was able to almost guarantee an ability lock clinic. But for some reason lost a lot of ranks compared to putting Lando in place of him. Maybe I need to revisit that combo.