Breaking the record for lowest gear gas unlock

Hey guys, I too was caught off guard for the early gas (well not really, i was going as fast as I could but hoped for another few weeks). Trying to look on the bright side here, and I'm gonna try to unlock him with super low gear.
k0pprleqdvm4.jpeg
This are my current teams, and I also have a few pieces still on the way. considering 5 more days I have left, I believe I can reach the following gear levels:

R3 zGK,zAV,zB1 (I can already bring one of them to r4, maybe will be able to do another)
G12+2 zzpadme and magna
g11+4 z3po,zasoka,zb2
g11+1 zdroideka
g9+3 shaak ti

I lost hope when I saw the announcement, but honestly this isnt so far off from my target, just wanted asoka,b2 and droideka at g12, and a g10 shaakti.

Do you guys think I can make it? Obviously need amazing RNG and hours of attempts, but do you have any pointers? Say I get a bit more stun guns by then, who would you say is a priority in getting a bit extra gear?

Replies

• Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    The most important thing for me for the Padme team was GK with as high a health pool as possible. 100k+. So he can absorb all the damage.
    Your droids are going to struggle. I doubt they can beat it. I had Asajj, B2 and Magna to g12.3 or better. B1 to R6 and Droideka to R4. And it was still a huge struggle for me. The problem is B1s relic is only useful if you have other toons still alive to call him to assist. If your Magna and B2 die too quickly, then your team is dead. And they will die quickly.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    The most important thing for me for the Padme team was GK with as high a health pool as possible. 100k+. So he can absorb all the damage.
    Your droids are going to struggle. I doubt they can beat it. I had Asajj, B2 and Magna to g12.3 or better. B1 to R6 and Droideka to R4. And it was still a huge struggle for me. The problem is B1s relic is only useful if you have other toons still alive to call him to assist. If your Magna and B2 die too quickly, then your team is dead. And they will die quickly.

Thanks for the advice! so if I mod b2, magna and droideka for maximum survival, can b1 shoot some hoops?
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    It will be difficult at those gear levels.
  • No not even close

I had all g12 a r6 kenobi and g11 asoka and tried it close to 400 tries think a handfull of times i got to gg alone and died

The b1 is relic he will aoe down most shaak ti a newer toon her health is higher then older toons but is a big part of disspelling

Asoka is the key to whole thing need her to hit hard and because shes an older toon her dps is very sub par at anything below relic
  • yea mate, at this gear level you literally have 0 chance unfortunately
  • I spent around 4 hours beating the event event iirc, so if it’s even possible to win with your levels, expect it to take even longer. Not having 6 dots mods will make the event much more difficult. See if you can gear up Shaak Ti a bit more since her special calling C3PO to assist will be super helpful in taking down Grievous once he’s alone at the end of T2.
    0its0pjo7kh5.png
  • AlienOverlord
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I just beat tier 2. It took me 5 hours. I started with:
    R4 GK, G12+3 Padme, G11 Asohka and Shaak Ti and G9 C3P0
    After 15 or so defeats I'd try upgrading someone, ended up using a lot of crystals to get:
    R5 GK, R4 Asohka, G12 Padme and Shaak Ti and didn't upgrade C3P0.
    It was incredibly frustrating. I restarted often when the fight started poorly and made it to 1 on 1 with GG about 6 times before barely beating him.
    Now I'll take a break for a day or so before trying tier 4.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    I just beat tier 2. It took me 5 hours. I started with:
    R4 GK, G12+3 Padme, G11 Asohka and Shaak Ti and G9 C3P0
    After 15 or so defeats I'd try upgrading someone, ended up using a lot of crystals to get:
    R5 GK, R4 Asohka, G12 Padme and Shaak Ti and didn't upgrade C3P0.
    It was incredibly frustrating. I restarted often when the fight started poorly and made it to 1 on 1 with GG about 6 times before barely beating him.
    Now I'll take a break for a day or so before trying tier 4.

Wow. Congrats. This is what I have and I’ve still yet to beat T2.

f9izjp1cdxa0.png

I’m guessing higher relics?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I think turn order and Ahsoka/GK are the key. I was struggling with all G12 except G11 3PO and R7 GK. Upgraded Ahsoka to R2 and that was what was able to push me past. It seems as though you need to be able to kill B2 before their team takes a turn. Turn order for me was:
    Shaak Ti (Call Padme to assist on B2 to give everyone prot up)
    Padme (use stun/assists on B2)
    Ahsoka (special on B2)
    3PO (mass assist on B2 for the hard kill)
    GG won’t take a turn until his allies take 10 turns, so any kills you make before that won’t trigger his bonus turn (or rather it does, but he sits at 100%TM without taking a turn). I think on the one where I beat it I was able to get both B2 and B1 before GG took any turns.
  • I had a turn order of Padme, Shaak Ti, C3P0 (remember he has +20 speed) and GK all 270+. Padme Protection up, Shaak Ti basic on B2, C3P0 on Asoka (she attacks twice) and GK retribution (Asohka attacks). If B2 doesn't die (and usually didn't) might as well start over.
    B2 only died from this twice in my attempts (though I tried other strategies too) once before upgrades (now wish I hadn't bothered upgrading Shaak Ti to G12 as it cost over 3000 crystals and her first attack on B2 didn't seem to do any more damage) and the second time it killed B2 was the time I beat the event.
  • HolyDarkblade
    267 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I used the same turnorder as post above me, except I used C3p0 on Padme to get her stacks of translation up as fast as possible. I finished it with a g10 c3p0, g12 ahsoka, padme, and r5 GK r2 Shaak.

It took me 6,5 hours. It was infuriatingly frustrating. Phase 4 is even more so.
  • I put my GG mods on Kenobi and it was huge. P2 only took a few tries (r3 Padme, r3 Shaak, r5 Kenobi, r4 Ahsoka, G12+3 3PO).

P4 was a different story. Even with r5 B1, r4 Droideka, r4 Ventress, G12 B2 and Magna) I attempted about 30 times and wasn't getting very close. I took out 5s eaily with a charged Droideka just about every time but couldn't hold out long enough to get GAS to go for cover a third time. I really didn't feel like wasting more time so I brought B1 to r6 (had it in reserve) which took his damage to 9500. I beat it the first try after that easily. Only lost Magna. P4 is all RNG but if your damage output is high enough you can brute force it.
  • Oh and I bumped up some speed, so I went first, so I could get Droideka's shields up right away. Also huge.
  • Nateo
    6 posts Member
    I just beat it with this guys. Relic Kenobi and that’s it. 95uohewe6c17.png
  • Nateo wrote: »
    I just beat it with this guys. Relic Kenobi and that’s it. 95uohewe6c17.png

Good luck on P4.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    I freaking hate Echo :D
  • a27ptl0wqn3m.png

I did it with these teams, around 200 tries for both phases... I think both Magna and B2 need to be a little tanky if you want to survive the counter attacks from phase 4.