Hyperdrive Bundle

2Next

Replies

• “Up to” seems to be catching you out on this one.

It’s a pretty commonly used term that suggests it might be fewer than 65.

Pretty much. If EA use Up To, expect the lesser. Never use the 5-330 'gamble'
    Sorry - why is this specific to EA?

If any company says “up to 65”, it would be wise to check the fine print to see the details.

See this is where the main advertising of the offer has to be very specific, its hidden. It should be clear from the very outset, this in itself is UK law. The offer here is teetering on gambling, not a sale.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    “Up to” seems to be catching you out on this one.

Like it though, EA will give you 'up to' 1000 toons at £100 and you get 4. Och well im happy cos its up to! I bet you wouldnt be happy.
    I suspect we’re both Scotsmen. I’m afraid I’d play to our racial stereotype and check thoroughly before buying anything!

If any company says “up to 65”, it would be wise to check the fine print to see the details.

So where the game offers say 1000 crystals for 10-330 shards, this is gambling. Where the HD comes in doesnt really define where it sits ie gambling or definite. Thats the issue. Its misleading.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

See this is where the main advertising of the offer has to be very specific, its hidden. It should be clear from the very outset, this in itself is UK law. The offer here is teetering on gambling, not a sale.
    But it’s 100% not gambling. If you read the info, there is no chance involved.

But it is gambling. Up to. Means Chance Of. Means a % of what you have and what you get. You dont pick and choose.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

So where the game offers say 1000 crystals for 10-330 shards, this is gambling. Where the HD comes in doesnt really define where it sits ie gambling or definite. Thats the issue. Its misleading.
    Hard disagree on that.

You feel like you’ve been misled because I don’t think you read the information thoroughly. Or at all.

The fact you’re suggesting that the purchase was in any way a “gamble” makes me suspect you didn’t read them at all, and still don’t fully understand what it was you were paying for.

If it wasnt gambling then theres no need for a 'to be retained' line because you would get what you need.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

But it is gambling. Up to. Means Chance Of. Means a % of what you have and what you get. You dont pick and choose.
    Last word on the matter from me: you are 100% wrong on this.

“Up to” does not mean “chance of” in this instance. Read the info again.

Someone who has just freshly started playing the game and buys the HDB will receive upgrades to 65 characters and, I assume, 600k GP increase. But someone - like you - who has been playing the game for a while will not receive upgrades to 65 characters because some of them (61 of them in your case by the sounds of things) already meet or exceed the position that the HDB would take them to.

If you could turn back time, undo the purchase and buy it again, you’d get exactly the same result every time. There is no gamble. The result of buying the HDB is known.

Hard disagree on that.

You feel like you’ve been misled because I don’t think you read the information thoroughly. Or at all.

The fact you’re suggesting that the purchase was in any way a “gamble” makes me suspect you didn’t read them at all, and still don’t fully understand what it was you were paying for.

I disagree with their wording on it all, the info provided is hidden and there will be many complaints i bet. My issue here is that the sale is more promoting 'potential' beneifts rather than providing CLEAR expectation. This is the issue, EA are not clear, this can infuriate some players and then we get others who will just defend....Im not bothered thats its a game where paying is a way to advance but they have packages that suggest chance and some that dont, that should.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

If it wasnt gambling then theres no need for a 'to be retained' line because you would get what you need.

I’ve already explained what that means. I’ll explain it again: if the HDB buyer already has characters above 5* and higher than g8, which is where the HDB would take them to, they “retain” their value. In other words they are not reset to a lower status as a result of the purchase.

Last word on the matter from me: you are 100% wrong on this.

“Up to” does not mean “chance of” in this instance. Read the info again.

Someone who has just freshly started playing the game and buys the HDB will receive upgrades to 65 characters and, I assume, 600k GP increase. But someone - like you - who has been playing the game for a while will not receive upgrades to 65 characters because some of them (61 of them in your case by the sounds of things) already meet or exceed the position that the HDB would take them to.

If you could turn back time, undo the purchase and buy it again, you’d get exactly the same result every time. There is no gamble. The result of buying the HDB is known.

OK, so if this is your opinion why do they throw the HPD at me every time i login. They want the sale, they dont care that the sale doesnt benefit me so there in itself shows the selling tactics. Am i wrong?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yes you are wrong, because the sale does benefit you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Hard disagree on that.

I disagree with their wording on it all, the info provided is hidden and there will be many complaints i bet. My issue here is that the sale is more promoting 'potential' beneifts rather than providing CLEAR expectation. This is the issue, EA are not clear, this can infuriate some players and then we get others who will just defend....Im not bothered thats its a game where paying is a way to advance but they have packages that suggest chance and some that dont, that should.

So, what they want is people to be lost up in their wording of expectation and then can go....well you didnt read the wording. Stop defending them and defend the players who are spending money and make them better.
  • This is why i am going through a complaints process. The gear etc value of shards etc isnt the issue. Its the selling of such that is. Then we have a forum who pressure people into not complaining? Really?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    This is why i am going through a complaints process. The gear etc value of shards etc isnt the issue. Its the selling of such that is. Then we have a forum who pressure people into not complaining? Really?

If you want everyone to agree with you, then use a mirror, not a forum.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member

Hard disagree on that.

So, what they want is people to be lost up in their wording of expectation and then can go....well you didnt read the wording. Stop defending them and defend the players who are spending money and make them better.
    Kinda hard to defend someone that doesn’t read the small print I’m afraid. You got what you paid for, and the details were all there for you prior to purchase.

Good luck with the ASA. I once got a Paddy Power advert that insulted Scotsmen taken off Facebook. I don’t think you’ll have the same success.

Hard disagree on that.

Kinda hard to defend someone that doesn’t read the small print I’m afraid. You got what you paid for, and the details were all there for you prior to purchase.

Good luck with the ASA. I once got a Paddy Power advert that insulted Scotsmen taken off Facebook. I don’t think you’ll have the same success.

Look thats all good (us scots are tight as...hhahaha). Yes but because i work in procurement the selling is very, interpretive' Id rather we had a argue about and not fall out about it, i still agree with the original poster, i bought it, was disappointed but the selling side wasnt completely clear. It wasnt. They will have covered themselves, we are in a very grey area but im happy to try and argue things so they are clearer in future

Hard disagree on that.

Any court in the UK will ask if the seller described and detailed the small print, if they didnt then the sale or goods would be rescinded immiediatetly. Dont assume every person who makes a purchase is of capability to do such purchasing. Thats a biggie.

Like it though, EA will give you 'up to' 1000 toons at £100 and you get 4. Och well im happy cos its up to! I bet you wouldnt be happy.
    I suspect we’re both Scotsmen. I’m afraid I’d play to our racial stereotype and check thoroughly before buying anything!

Cool, i do hate to sound like a ****, im just defending a player. I do get both sides. I buy too. I think the game has to make massive massive strides in reaching to their fan base. I think some of their packs,,,im touching that with yours etc

Hard disagree on that.

Any court in the UK will ask if the seller described and detailed the small print, if they didnt then the sale or goods would be rescinded immiediatetly. Dont assume every person who makes a purchase is of capability to do such purchasing. Thats a biggie.

But the seller did.
    If you read what is written
    You know what you get.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    HaikuBot wrote: »

But the seller did.
    If you read what is written
    You know what you get.

-thecarterologist958