GAS event even more difficult with “fix”

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
Anyone still trying to get GAS, beware that CG’s “fix” to allow him to counter before entering cover makes this event even more RNG dependent and difficult. Invest in a good phone case that protects against heavy impacts

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Missed the other dozen threads on this or do you just like the attention?

I think mine is the only thread on this right now on the general discussion page. Someone just created one after me. Any other insults you wanna try?
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I think mine is the only thread on this right now on the general discussion page. Someone just created one after me. Any other insults you wanna try?

I was gonna say, I didn't see one when I posted, and I posted like 4 minutes after you did. Just happenstance really.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »

I was gonna say, I didn't see one when I posted, and I posted like 4 minutes after you did. Just happenstance really.

Shhhh we just want attention. Not informative discussion or to warn people.
  • Options
    More people really need to use the "Recent Discussions" feature, 8 of the last like 30 threads posted in are about the GAS event
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    If you're browsing the forum, always use "discussions" (link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions ). All the recently created or commented in threads show up there. That way mods can't "hide" threads anymore either.
    Using the correct subforum (link: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/clash-on-kamino-(general-skywalker) )would also show you aren't the first, second or even third person to make a thread about this particular topic.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »

Shhhh we just want attention. Not informative discussion or to warn people.

See above two posts.

People know.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I apologize, but seeing as you’re pretty adept at using the forums, I just assumed you used the “recent discussions” refresh. If you were new to the forums or rarely posted, I wouldn’t have said anything.

Ahhh a back handed insult. Nice. No I see what’s in the recent discussions or megaforum before posting. Seeing as there was nothing in the general topics or megathread then I assumed it was ok to post. I’ll double check with you next time to make sure it’s ok
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Only places I visit is General Discussion, Off Topic and Arena & Character strategy

The rest are reskinned discussion boards
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know why i was expecting a "thank you", but i'm dissapointed i didn't get one nonetheless.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Only places I visit is General Discussion and Arena & Character strategy

I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately...what world do we live in lol
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Only places I visit is General Discussion and Arena & Character strategy

I find myself agreeing with you more and more lately...what world do we live in lol
    Planet Earth
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I don't know why i was expecting a "thank you", but i'm dissapointed i didn't get one nonetheless.

Because when you go to recent discussions it’s flooded with dev posts in the first page.

The event page itself isn’t searched for as most prefer to go to general discussion because it’s the most looked at and most easily accessible (quickest).

Thank you for the info, if that makes you feel better lol
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

Because when you go to recent discussions it’s flooded with dev posts in the first page.

You can dismiss all of those.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

The event page itself isn’t searched for as most prefer to go to general discussion because it’s the most looked at and most easily accessible (quickest).

That's fixable as well, you can ignore those and they'll just act like normal threads. \There's a cog behind the thread on which you can click to do so.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

That's fixable as well, you can ignore those and they'll just act like normal threads. \There's a cog behind the thread on which you can click to do so.

giphy.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    mais3r64zvvj.png
    The "cog" for a dismissable thread would be next to the "bookmark star". Honestly though, it's a gamechanger, dismissing dev threads and using the recent discussions tab. I'm suprised time after time when i find out forum users don't know this.
  • Options
    There are plenty of threads on this topic they just choose to hide them in part of the forum that no one looks. Instead of addressing the issue or letting people discuss it in the more public part of the forum where everyone looks. Hiding the issue doesn't make it any less of a issue.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

giphy.gif

American Ninja? God I'm old
    You and TVF can share stories at the retirement home
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    There are plenty of threads on this topic they just choose to hide them in part of the forum that no one looks. Instead of addressing the issue or letting people discuss it in the more public part of the forum where everyone looks. Hiding the issue doesn't make it any less of a issue.

Everyone can look at recent discussions and see the most recent posts at the top.
  • Lanj54
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I posted in a thread earlier about this and now it's gone go figure trying to silence the masses but yeah I'm stuck on p4 love the bug makes it so much fun 😏
  • Options
    Lanj54 wrote: »
    I posted in a thread earlier about this and now it's gone go figure trying to silence the masses but yeah I'm stuck on p4 love the bug makes it so much fun 😏

You mean this post?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2072222#Comment_2072222

Definitely not deleted, just moved to the event sub-forum as it should be.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Well as amazing as American ninja was back in 1970, still doesn’t detract from the main point that this event is now more difficult.
    The extra counter may not seem like much, but when another piece is added to a massive RNG cluster, it has reprocussions that ripple throughout an event where you need moves to go exactly as planned
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ace0187420 wrote: »

Hasn't stopped anyone from discussion the topic as is evident by the amount of threads.
    You're probably not going to believe this, but the people who "hide" the threads are just mods who're keeping the forum organized. It's actually usefull if you're searching for something on this forum.
    What honestly baffles me is that people like yourself think they're trying to hide things, but instead of educating yourself and others how to find the "hidden" posts you'd rather complain about it. Moreso because it's super duper easy to find these "hidden" posts the devs don't want you to see. (sounds like a clickbait youtube title, haha)
    Not that any of this is going to make the devs respond any quicker though, which would have been nice. Then again, dev responses are seldom welcomed if it's not what players want to hear...
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Well as amazing as American ninja was back in 1970

Point of order, my gif was from Ninja III The Domination and was posted because I ninja'd leef.

On-topic, I do have sympathy for those trying it this time, it was already a very difficult event and this certainly doesn't help.