Game crashes

Prev1
Sice71
63 posts Member
Is anyone having problems lately with the game not opening properly, sometimes, I get a black screen, sometimes It just closes, and sometimes it just doesn't open, I'm pretty sure it's not my phone or my service since I have Verizon and a Samsung Gslaxy S9

Replies

• Options
    No I haven’t. Try clearing your cache.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm stupid, how do I do that
  • Options
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, but, I don't see the clean now button, I'll just go to a Verizon store
  • Options
    Could also be low on memory
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I cleared the cache and it opened fine, so hopefully were good, thanks
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I have same issues. Mostly when I try to change between accounts. I can see sometimes black screen, sometimes freezing, sometimes error message (Error code: 155.0.).
    I usually clean the memory and reboot the game but independent on these, the issues often happen.
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    I have same issues. Mostly when I try to change between accounts. I can see sometimes black screen, sometimes freezing, sometimes error message (Error code: 155.0.).
    I usually clean the memory and reboot the game but independent on these, the issues often happen.

Same thing, just clearing out memory doesn’t clear out cache. Cache is used to save program data locally to help the app run faster, but if any of that data becomes corrupted it can cause issues. I could imagine switching accounts could possibly corrupt a cache file. Just google your phone model + clear cache, there’s usually several steps to take.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I use an older iPhone and it’s been acting up lately, mainly when I play swgoh. I checked the app and the data is over 500mb while the app is like 160mb.

Can I delete swgoh and then download again to clear some of that data or will it mess up my account?

As long as your account is linked to Game Center, should be fine. To be safe, back up your phone to iTunes first (which should be done regularly anyways).
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Oh I cleared the cache, but, it is still doing it
  • Options
    Sice71 wrote: »
    Oh I cleared the cache, but, it is still doing it

You may need to try deleting and reinstalling the app too. Just make sure your game is connected to google play and that your phone is backed up first.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I believe my game is always connected through the Google play store, who wouldn't it be
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Clearing the cashe idea haven't worked for me as well. I always connected to Google Play too, but the issues still happen, so I don't know what can I do. OK, this is not the world's biggest problem but it's still annoying.
  • Options
    I have problem of connection since thursday like you, clearing cache and reinstall the game don't help to resolve the problem. This problem is not systematic for me but appear a lot this week.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I have contacted the help desk, and the things they suggested haven't worked either, it actually freezes my phone, so I can't even close it until it's done, it doesn't happen on any other game, so I know it's the game
  • Options
    Thanks. Please keep inform if you find solution.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Mines been crashing in battles... crashed 2 times in GAC, during a normal combat and the ship fight, when I would’ve won first attempt.
    Also crashing during TB, last night when I tried the Dooku & Asajj mission, right as I beat wave 1 the game crashed. And now just again this morning attempting a mission in the south zone and crashes before even clearing wave 1.
    Sucks cause it registers as an attempt and all your points are lost.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem, it doesn't crash once the game is working, mine crash's as it's trying to open to game its freezes as well to the point that I can't even close it, I either have to wait for it to say it's not responding or reset my phone
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I'm gonna contact the help center again today
  • Options
    I use an older iPhone and it’s been acting up lately, mainly when I play swgoh. I checked the app and the data is over 500mb while the app is like 160mb.

Can I delete swgoh and then download again to clear some of that data or will it mess up my account?

As long as your account is linked to Game Center, should be fine. To be safe, back up your phone to iTunes first (which should be done regularly anyways).

I deleted the app and reinstalled and the documents and data dropped from nearly 600mb to 84mb, so was hoping that was it. Nope.

What’s been happening is that when I run the game on my phone, my phone heats up like it’s gonna catch on fire in like 2-3 minutes. I can’t even complete an arena match before my phone is nearly too hot to touch. Then the screen won’t respond to touch and I have to let it cool down for at least 30 mins.

Only happens with swgoh and only started happening the last week or so.

That sounds like your battery may be faulty. You can buy a battery replacement kit online for pretty cheap and it's not that difficult to change. Just back up your phone first.
    Games in general, not just swgoh, can put a lot of strain on any phone. Since phones don't have fans like computers, they self-regulate temps by shedding functions, that's why your screen won't work.
    But before you try replacing the battery (and for anyone else having issues), you could try doing a factory reset. Obviously after a full backup to your computer. Battery overheating can be caused by a hardware issue, since phones self-regulate their temps, and a factory reset might cure that.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's another matter all together, but, so far, I un-installed the game and re-installed it, and I haven't had a problem opening the game
  • Olderaan
    180 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I think the only thing you can do to avoid the crash during battles that you quit and clean the memory before go to an important battle (GAC, TB, TW). But I don't know what can I do with the freezing issue during switching accounts.
  • Options
    Fleet arena’s crashed twice for me since the last update.
  • Sice71
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Well I cleared the cache, but, for me that didnt work, it might for you, my game sometimes would take forever to open, then it would close out, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and now I have no problems
  • Options
    I am having the same problem, ever more so, since the new update. Every time I sign out of the account to sign into another google account, I get the black screen to death. Sometimes, it makes it all the way to the main start-up page then freezes. I have to close the app and re-open it. Given the amount of time it takes to sign out and sign back in, this causes more of an inconvenience. I have done everything from clearing the cache to clearing the memory and it freezes 99% of the time. Prior to this latest update, it only crashed 1/5 times which is more acceptable, but now it is almost every time. This needs to be fixed, or at least looked into.
  • Options

I deleted the app and reinstalled and the documents and data dropped from nearly 600mb to 84mb, so was hoping that was it. Nope.

What’s been happening is that when I run the game on my phone, my phone heats up like it’s gonna catch on fire in like 2-3 minutes. I can’t even complete an arena match before my phone is nearly too hot to touch. Then the screen won’t respond to touch and I have to let it cool down for at least 30 mins.

Only happens with swgoh and only started happening the last week or so.

That sounds like your battery may be faulty. You can buy a battery replacement kit online for pretty cheap and it's not that difficult to change. Just back up your phone first.
    Games in general, not just swgoh, can put a lot of strain on any phone. Since phones don't have fans like computers, they self-regulate temps by shedding functions, that's why your screen won't work.
    But before you try replacing the battery (and for anyone else having issues), you could try doing a factory reset. Obviously after a full backup to your computer. Battery overheating can be caused by a hardware issue, since phones self-regulate their temps, and a factory reset might cure that.

Yeah I thought it was the battery and swgoh is the most resource intensive thing I use my phone for. Thanks for the advice!

Really doubt it's your battery this happened to me on one of my phones before and persisted until they did another update then it worked and I never changed any batteries. It's bad code in their game causing your operating system to go into a loop doing a neverending calculation and heating up your device.