We need 3 payout time changes per year not 2 and here's why...

Prev13
Rath_Tarr
4944 posts Member
Countries that time-shift for summer/winter do so twice per year, in spring and autumn/fall.

CG gave us two in-game arena payout / store refresh time changes per year to adjust to this.

The problem is that unless you apply your first in-game time change on the same day that your country does, you get stuck in a cycle where every time change you have to wait days/weeks/even months to change your in-game payouts.

For example, my time zone just changed by 1 hour and I am stuck with the adjusted payout for 57 days before I have an in-game time change available. That's roughly 2/3 of the way to the next real world time change.

Simply increasing the in-game time changes from 2 to 3 would fix this problem.

Replies

• Completely agree. My entire schedule is F'd now because I have to wait an additional hour before all my payouts and energy bonuses, and this is going to go on for an additional two months. Since this is something that affects ALL players, it would be really nice of CG to pay attention to this issue.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Astrus wrote: »
    Completely agree. My entire schedule is F'd now because I have to wait an additional hour before all my payouts and energy bonuses, and this is going to go on for an additional two months. Since this is something that affects ALL players, it would be really nice of CG to pay attention to this issue.

It’s not particularly convenient for me either, but it used to be worse before CG gave us 2 time changes per year. Little chance they have the development resources now to give us 3-4 changes per year instead of 2.

We’ve got to adjust to it, literally

it's better to have two than less? bold
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    I agree,mine resets in 36 days does it reset to 2 or 1 also?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Completely agree. My entire schedule is F'd now because I have to wait an additional hour before all my payouts and energy bonuses, and this is going to go on for an additional two months. Since this is something that affects ALL players, it would be really nice of CG to pay attention to this issue.

It’s not particularly convenient for me either, but it used to be worse before CG gave us 2 time changes per year. Little chance they have the development resources now to give us 3-4 changes per year instead of 2.

The reason they won’t give us more time changes is that it can be abused. Definitely nothing to do with dev resources for this one.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    150% the abuse.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Im guessing 2 was an acceptable cost to deal with the 2 time changes per year. It can definitely still be abused.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    K331 wrote: »
    I agree,mine resets in 36 days does it reset to 2 or 1 also?
    Each of your time changes becomes available again 365 days after you used it. So in 37 days you will have 1 available. The other will reset at some future point.
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    :: Files Thread under “Nothing is Ever Good Enough” ::
    Re-file under "With a small tweak would be good enough"
    TVF wrote: »
    150% the abuse.
    150% of nothing is nothing. ;)
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    The best thing you could probably do, assuming this request falls on deaf ears, is to just live with the one hour difference until the next time change and then hit it then. Unfortunately that's not until November. Maybe do it this coming winter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Yes, I am aware of the option to wait 6 months to sync up with the national time change but that inconveniences the player and defeats the point of adding the time change capability.

Simply increasing the number of.time changes available from 2 to 3 (each with its own 365-day cooldown) would allow players to use them as intended without exposing the system to people constantly payout-hopping which I believe was the concern.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Im guessing 2 was an acceptable cost to deal with the 2 time changes per year. It can definitely still be abused.

In what way can it be abused? Im not seeing it.

The time change can be used to get 2 payouts per day. Can’t really explain how to do it as I’m sure I would get chastised for it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Does the matchmaking algorithm include which players don’t have DST in their state/country? Are they using their time swaps to go back in time and collect more rewards?
    Seems unfair. #CancelGAC.

I'm going to use my change to go back in time and reset my defense after seing my opponents'
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Does the matchmaking algorithm include which players don’t have DST in their state/country? Are they using their time swaps to go back in time and collect more rewards?
    Seems unfair. #CancelGAC.

I'm going to use my change to go back in time and reset my defense after seing my opponents'
    :D:D:D
  • You could always quit your job, sell your house, and move out West. Easy peasy.
    But if it were me, DST only lasts about 4 months so I would change it now and just keep it for the year.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

In what way can it be abused? Im not seeing it.
    Imagine my arena PO is 1 PM and fleet at 2 PM. After 2 PM i set my PO to be 3 PM arena, and 4 PM fleet, and then i switch my PO again an hour later to collect double the rewards

basically, you can get an extra 900 crystals by collecting both Payouts and then setting it later which can be considered as abusing the system, do this again 2-3 more times and you end up with +2700 crystals instead of the current +1800

but i don't see anyone realistically try to double crystal rewards unless they are serious about moving their Payout forward, some players change their payout to an earlier time and lose out on crystals
  • Schwartzring
    1418 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I'm still wondering how the system can be "abused" and failing to see how giving us 5-10 changes a year for vacations, business trips, mistakes when changing it, etc etc would be a bad thing.

Okay, I guess if 2 payouts a YEAR is considered abuse & they actually WANT to change their time, then yep, there is room for abuse.

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I'm still wondering how the system can be "abused" and failing to see how giving us 5-10 changes a year for vacations, business trips, mistakes when changing it, etc etc would be a bad thing.

Sigh. 4 comments up.
  • I'm still wondering how the system can be "abused" and failing to see how giving us 5-10 changes a year for vacations, business trips, mistakes when changing it, etc etc would be a bad thing.
    Because a change to a later PO would give some users double rewards for Arena & Fleet. You could claim first in both (900 crystals) of them at 5pm (6pm fleet) then move Payouts 2 hours later and get first in both (another 900 crystals) again.

A once or twice a year bonus 900 crystals isn’t going to break the bank, but the devs are right to ensure people are not able to get a bonus 900 crystals 5-10 times a year. 9000 crystals obtained this way would have otherwise cost around £60.

And don’t think for one second that this is a fantasy situation because you wouldn’t do it - there are definitely people out there that would!
  • I often thought this was a good idea, but was never sure whether 3 or 4 would be preferable. It would also allow people to "try" different payouts so to speak, without then being stuck with their decision for 6 months. Figured the replies would be about gaming the system though, seems I was right.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

The reason they won’t give us more time changes is that it can be abused. Definitely nothing to do with dev resources for this one.

If 3 can be abused, 2 can be abused as well. If you folow that line of reasoning to its logical end, even a single time change can abused and we should therefore go back to having none at all.