We need 3 payout time changes per year not 2 and here's why...

Replies

• Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Im guessing 2 was an acceptable cost to deal with the 2 time changes per year. It can definitely still be abused.

In what way can it be abused? Im not seeing it.

The time change can be used to get 2 payouts per day. Can’t really explain how to do it as I’m sure I would get chastised for it.

That could already be done with a single time change, assuming people can live with their changed schedule afterwards. 2 changes allow for a double payout and a reset back to the old schedule right after. Meaning 2 is the critical number to make this possible without any consequences. Upping it to 3 wouldn't change anything.
  • Options
    I'm still wondering how the system can be "abused" and failing to see how giving us 5-10 changes a year for vacations, business trips, mistakes when changing it, etc etc would be a bad thing.
    Because a change to a later PO would give some users double rewards for Arena & Fleet. You could claim first in both (900 crystals) of them at 5pm (6pm fleet) then move Payouts 2 hours later and get first in both (another 900 crystals) again.

A once or twice a year bonus 900 crystals isn’t going to break the bank, but the devs are right to ensure people are not able to get a bonus 900 crystals 5-10 times a year. 9000 crystals obtained this way would have otherwise cost around £60.

And don’t think for one second that this is a fantasy situation because you wouldn’t do it - there are definitely people out there that would!

I’ve seen a lot more people ask for 3 changes than people ask for 10 and there’s a reason for it. If the abuse is negligible with 2 changes than I don’t think a 3rd will break the bank. Am I wrong on that and just missing something?
    No, you’re not wrong, which is why I replied to someone asking for 5-10 changes instead of people asking for 3.

I’ve used payout change once. I do not see me ever using it again. If they make it 3 instead of 2 I could barely contain my indifference.

If they make it 10, I could see even me on a quiet day use them all to rake in some crystals and then finish off with same PO!
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Astrus wrote: »
    Completely agree. My entire schedule is F'd now because I have to wait an additional hour before all my payouts and energy bonuses, and this is going to go on for an additional two months. Since this is something that affects ALL players, it would be really nice of CG to pay attention to this issue.

It’s not particularly convenient for me either, but it used to be worse before CG gave us 2 time changes per year. Little chance they have the development resources now to give us 3-4 changes per year instead of 2.

We’ve got to adjust to it, literally

it's better to have two than less? bold

Wasn’t trying to be “bold” as you put it.

What is wrong with you that you feel the need to constantly harass me?

He's asking an honest question

2 time changes is better than 0, at least I think it is.
  • Options
    In order to abuse it you would have to always move your payout back 2 hours which is not efficient.. in reality using 5he time changes for extra Crystal's on 1 or 2 even 3 or 5 days a year doesnt outweigh having a payout time when you can be active and climb to collect a good reward on the other 360 days.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Astrus wrote: »
    Completely agree. My entire schedule is F'd now because I have to wait an additional hour before all my payouts and energy bonuses, and this is going to go on for an additional two months. Since this is something that affects ALL players, it would be really nice of CG to pay attention to this issue.

It’s not particularly convenient for me either, but it used to be worse before CG gave us 2 time changes per year. Little chance they have the development resources now to give us 3-4 changes per year instead of 2.

We’ve got to adjust to it, literally

The reason they won’t give us more time changes is that it can be abused. Definitely nothing to do with dev resources for this one.

If 3 can be abused, 2 can be abused as well. If you folow that line of reasoning to its logical end, even a single time change can abused and we should therefore go back to having none at all.

Hope everyone enjoyed the 2 while they lasted!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hey everyone! As I've stated on other thread, please keep things constructive and on-topic.

Game on!
    EA_Joz
  • Options
    What is the actual issue? serious question. all i am getting from this thread is people are annoyed about time change but don't get why as it relates to the game?
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    What is the actual issue? serious question. all i am getting from this thread is people are annoyed about time change but don't get why as it relates to the game?

It changes your payout time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options

The issue stems back to the release of this feature.

It was released a few months before DLS was going to happen. Anyone who used this to have a better PO (for whatever reason), and then changed for DLS, was then not able to change for the recurrence of DLS.

This means there are many players out there who are "off schedule" and can never get back on without being off for an extra period of time.

This comes up because it could have been prevented if they had offered 1 more (or more, if there was no way to abuse it) in some way to help players stay on schedule.

There is also the issue of players who study abroad or are in the military or other reasons of long term but temporary travel to different timezones.

There doesnt seem to be a viable solution for all cases, but most can agree that 2 seemed to have caused an issue (if not planned correctly) that would never have come up if it was 3.

That's my take on it.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I am confused by this thread. If the time changes twice a year why aren't two changes given to us enough? I seem to have no problem making the switch each time change.
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    I am confused by this thread. If the time changes twice a year why aren't two changes given to us enough? I seem to have no problem making the switch each time change.

You should read the thread then.
    Kyno wrote: »

The issue stems back to the release of this feature.

It was released a few months before DLS was going to happen. Anyone who used this to have a better PO (for whatever reason), and then changed for DLS, was then not able to change for the recurrence of DLS.

This means there are many players out there who are "off schedule" and can never get back on without being off for an extra period of time.

This comes up because it could have been prevented if they had offered 1 more (or more, if there was no way to abuse it) in some way to help players stay on schedule.

There is also the issue of players who study abroad or are in the military or other reasons of long term but temporary travel to different timezones.

There doesnt seem to be a viable solution for all cases, but most can agree that 2 seemed to have caused an issue (if not planned correctly) that would never have come up if it was 3.

That's my take on it.

• StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    If that's really the problem (re: what Kyno said) that's really on those people for not planning enough to realize that time change was a thing. It's not like they didn't tell us up front how many changes we got.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I still think two is enough.
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. If you acted too soon and changed your payout before time change, just deal with one cycle of being off by an hour and get back in sync that way.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Exactly. If you acted too soon and changed your payout before time change, just deal with one cycle of being off by an hour and get back in sync that way.

Yes 2 is enough, but they could have avoided creating another new problem when this was introduced if they had made it 3. Hindsight.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I wonder how difficult it would be to set in some conditional statement that if a player collected arena/ship pay out once, it can't be collected again for 24 hours. That would take away possibility for abuse; although I can think of a few conditions here where someone might miss their payout by accident when trying to change in good faith.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    “2 is enough for me, therefore I don’t care about how anyone else is affected.”
  • StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

2 is enough for everyone that took the time to actually consider what changing their payouts meant. It shouldn't be up to CG to add to account for players' inability to plan when they clearly designed it for use twice a year during time changes.

Also, I'm sure if these people that are so negatively affected by this contact support they could get move as a one time exception.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

I believe the stated purpose (I have not read that post in a very long time) was for DLS. So therefore it's not about any 1 person saying it's enough, it's about the fact that DLS changes 2 times a year and therefore 2 is enough.

There are plenty of other reasons to change and want to change. And as I stated above leaving it at only 2 opened the door to an additional problem that wasnt there before, but that doesnt change the fact that 2 is enough for what I believe was the stated intent.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still wondering how the system can be "abused" and failing to see how giving us 5-10 changes a year for vacations, business trips, mistakes when changing it, etc etc would be a bad thing.
    Because a change to a later PO would give some users double rewards for Arena & Fleet. You could claim first in both (900 crystals) of them at 5pm (6pm fleet) then move Payouts 2 hours later and get first in both (another 900 crystals) again.

A once or twice a year bonus 900 crystals isn’t going to break the bank, but the devs are right to ensure people are not able to get a bonus 900 crystals 5-10 times a year. 9000 crystals obtained this way would have otherwise cost around £60.

And don’t think for one second that this is a fantasy situation because you wouldn’t do it - there are definitely people out there that would!

I’ve seen a lot more people ask for 3 changes than people ask for 10 and there’s a reason for it. If the abuse is negligible with 2 changes than I don’t think a 3rd will break the bank. Am I wrong on that and just missing something?
    No, you’re not wrong, which is why I replied to someone asking for 5-10 changes instead of people asking for 3.

I’ve used payout change once. I do not see me ever using it again. If they make it 3 instead of 2 I could barely contain my indifference.

If they make it 10, I could see even me on a quiet day use them all to rake in some crystals and then finish off with same PO!

i believe there is a cooldown between PO changes
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I think it’s just 2 in a 365 day period, no restrictions other than that.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

NEW FEATURE: Player-controlled Payout/Time Zones Changes

The single most common quality of life request we’ve heard in recent months is to allow player-controlled payout/time zone changes.

Like the server sharding system, this was a feature that worked for a time, but we recognize you live all over the world, lead complicated lives, and that the forced ‘6PM in the time zone you originally logged in on’ has been a great inconvenience for many of you.

To help with this, we have introduced the ability to change payouts up to two times a year. (The timer starts when you change your timezone) The ability will be otherwise unbounded, so watch out all of you in Alaska and Greenland, there are probably hordes of people coming for your time zone.

In conjunction with shardless 1:1 PVP, this begins to give you all opportunities to explore competition outside of your shards, and we are excited about that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

I think it’s just 2 in a 365 day period, no restrictions other than that.

I thought there was a cool down period for each one, like 180ish days?

i believe there's a 24h cooldown after changing your pay-out.
    Save water, drink champagne!