We need 3 payout time changes per year not 2 and here's why...

13Next

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    “2 is enough for me, therefore I don’t care about how anyone else is affected.”

2 is enough for everyone that took the time to actually consider what changing their payouts meant. It shouldn't be up to CG to add to account for players' inability to plan when they clearly designed it for use twice a year during time changes.

Also, I'm sure if these people that are so negatively affected by this contact support they could get move as a one time exception.

This is still not true except for people who only want to change their payout for DLS.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

2 is enough for everyone that took the time to actually consider what changing their payouts meant. It shouldn't be up to CG to add to account for players' inability to plan when they clearly designed it for use twice a year during time changes.

Also, I'm sure if these people that are so negatively affected by this contact support they could get move as a one time exception.

This is still not true except for people who only want to change their payout for DLS.

If you don't want to change for time changes, then why do you need more than 2 a year?

If you don't want to change for time changes, then why do you need more than 2 a year?

Not only wanting to do something is not the same as not wanting to do it...
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

But the thread is about a need for more changes per year. If you only *want* the change, that is not the same as *need*ing the change.

Some users may have to relocate frequently, particularly through military service or similar

But the thread is about a need for more changes per year. If you only *want* the change, that is not the same as *need*ing the change.

That is yet another thing unrelated to what I said, but nobody *need*s the extra payout change, just as nobody *need*ed the two we have. It was a quality of life change for a reason, this is suggesting an improvement to that, one that is a good idea.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Some users may have to relocate frequently, particularly through military service or similar

Obviously a valid reason, but how does CG know that's why?

That is yet another thing unrelated to what I said, but nobody *need*s the extra payout change, just as nobody *need*ed the two we have. It was a quality of life change for a reason, this is suggesting an improvement to that, one that is a good idea.

It's not a good idea. There is no compelling reason to just let people continually change their payout.

It was an often requested feature, because the times they picked are not ideal for everyone. When they implemented, they decided on 2 because that's how many time changes there are for many countries. Makes perfect sense, and there is no valid reason to allow for more. It's a waste of development time for no gain.

It's not a good idea. There is no compelling reason to just let people continually change their payout.

It was an often requested feature, because the times they picked are not ideal for everyone. When they implemented, they decided on 2 because that's how many time changes there are for many countries. Makes perfect sense, and there is no valid reason to allow for more. It's a waste of development time for no gain.

Where did you get continuously change payouts from? Two makes sense, but that doesn't mean that three doesn't. Also it's no gain for you, not the same thing.
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

Where did you get continuously change payouts from? Two makes sense, but that doesn't mean that three doesn't. Also it's no gain for you, not the same thing.

Slippery slope. They give 3, and then someone is unhappy that there aren't 4. Because that wouldn't not make sense too, right?

Even the 2 is no gain for me, but that's irrelevant. It's no gain for CG, which is relevant. I guarantee it's not as simple as flipping some flag somewhere from 2 to 3.

Slippery slope. They give 3, and then someone is unhappy that there aren't 4. Because that wouldn't not make sense too, right?

Even the 2 is no gain for me, but that's irrelevant. It's no gain for CG, which is relevant. I guarantee it's not as simple as flipping some flag somewhere from 2 to 3.

If you look at my first post I said I wasn't sure whether three or four would be the better option, so right. You'll also see the reason I said there was a debate was because it could be abused more with no consequence, but that isn't what you're trying to claim. It also says a lot that this is the only post I've ever seen suggesting more, I've been keeping an eye out, though admittedly I wasn't on the forums at the time of change, so perhaps it had just died down when I got here.

It was no gain for CG when they added two, so no it isn't relevant, it's called a QoL change for a reason. And it might not be that simple, but I can't imagine it's significantly more complicated so long as they designed it reasonably, the difficult part is implementing it once, then you have the basis you need to do it more.
  • [/quote]
    [/quote]

This is me. I have to deal with DST effects on my payout because on average I switch between 3 different shift schedules 3 times a year. So any increases in the amount we can change payouts would be welcome to me so I could also accommodate for dst or other personal things in life. However the qol increase probably doesnt justify the amount of work they would have to do to prevent people from abusing the extra crystals so it's really a pipe dream
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    This is me. I have to deal with DST effects on my payout because on average I switch between 3 different shift schedules 3 times a year. So any increases in the amount we can change payouts would be welcome to me so I could also accommodate for dst or other personal things in life. However the qol increase probably doesnt justify the amount of work they would have to do to prevent people from abusing the extra crystals so it's really a pipe dream

Work sucks. I know. - Blink 182

There is no work. Only swgoh.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Why not giving everyone 2 changes per year which resets at whatever the best moment around sylvester is and no other cooldown than that at all? Too easy? I don't get it..
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Why not giving everyone 2 changes per year which resets at whatever the best moment around sylvester is and no other cooldown than that at all? Too easy? I don't get it..
    What's sylvester got to do with anything?

If you meant reset when the time shifts, that would make the implementation a whole lot more complex and require ongoing maintenance by CG because different countries make seasonal time changes on differet dates and for a given country the dates may change from one year to the next and some countries don't do it at all

The current implementation is rational and relatively simple, the only problem is that 2 changes per year does not enable the player to synch up with their country's time-shift schedule.

This affects new players and alt accounts too by the way. Their payouts are set to a default time and unless they happen to change that on the day that their country time-shifts, they too will be unable to stay in synch..
  • Kisakee wrote: »

From that, I don't get it either.
  • Here's a question.

A post above called these "Player Controlled" time changes.

Can you call into CG & request a PO change?

Something that Customer Service controls?

Seems if CS was doing it the it can't be abused since they control it. (Sir you've called in 5x this month!)

My thought is still that 2 is not enough because it doesn't cover someone clicking the wrong direction & now being 2 hours off from where they want to be.

I don't live where DLS happens so for me its a non-issue, I've used the feature once to get my payout away from my Commute home, but, I can see where a simple wrong direction click then creates an even bigger problem.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    What's sylvester got to do with anything?

If you meant reset when the time shifts, that would make the implementation a whole lot more complex and require ongoing maintenance by CG because different countries make seasonal time changes on differet dates and for a given country the dates may change from one year to the next and some countries don't do it at all

The current implementation is rational and relatively simple, the only problem is that 2 changes per year does not enable the player to synch up with their country's time-shift schedule.

This affects new players and alt accounts too by the way. Their payouts are set to a default time and unless they happen to change that on the day that their country time-shifts, they too will be unable to stay in synch..

What? What the galaxy are you talking about? I just said give everyone 2 switches per year without any cooldown at all and reset it to 2 at the date of sylvester. What's so hard with that?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    What's a sylvester?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    What's a sylvester?

Sufferin Sucotash! He's the one with the tweety bird in his mouth!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I genuinely think that 4/5 a year make sense. Peoples lives/schedules change. Locking them to 2 is really rough.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I often thought this was a good idea, but was never sure whether 3 or 4 would be preferable. It would also allow people to "try" different payouts so to speak, without then being stuck with their decision for 6 months. Figured the replies would be about gaming the system though, seems I was right.

Yea. I'd love a trial period. Just have it not 'set in' for 20 hrs so they can't double payout to stop people gaming the system. I hate the timing functions in this game, and I seem to get settled at a good time after a few months, and then something shifts in my life and its suddenly a struggle to do everything.
  • 2 changes, which reset every January 1 would fix the issue and eliminate the complexity of managing 6 month timers for each account.