State of the Galaxy - March 2020 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Graphics look cool. Just wish they’d address the lack of help getting to G12 they said was coming.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Graphics look cool. Just wish they’d address the lack of help getting to G12 they said was coming.

    We’ve had it. 3 kyros with your daily challenge rewards. Don’t be greedy.
  • Lio wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Rey and Kylo are two of the newest characters in the star wars saga. How can justify calling them legends?

    a) does it matter?
    b) because they were the main characters in the final movie of a star wars theatrical trilogy?

    But they're not real legends. Like Boba Fett. You know.. the guy who we all think is a badass despite never doing anything and dying a pathetic death before fanboys retconned him back into legendary status.

    He is a badass
  • Lio
    832 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Rey and Kylo are two of the newest characters in the star wars saga. How can justify calling them legends?

    a) does it matter?
    b) because they were the main characters in the final movie of a star wars theatrical trilogy?

    But they're not real legends. Like Boba Fett. You know.. the guy who we all think is a badass despite never doing anything and dying a pathetic death before fanboys retconned him back into legendary status.

    He is a badass

    I agree with you. But if he is then so are Kylo and Rey. Them being the Galactic Legends makes sense.
  • vincentlondon
    3885 posts Member
    edited March 11
    The image of the new Rey is really ugly

    She looks like a big LEGO or an Orc from the Lord of the Rings PS4 game
  • Lio
    832 posts Member
    The image of the new Rey is really ugly

    She looks like a big LEGO or an Orc from the Lord of the Rings PS4 game

    Edgy
  • Kol8Ajawa wrote: »
    lol what is it called when someone likes to be abused or enjoys pain? I've long since stopped playing this cancerous game, but I enjoy coming back to the forums every now and then just to read how much more the devs can ruin what was such a fun and engaging game even with the P2W formula.

    What a disaster it has become, glad many of you still find enjoyment out of it. You must like being **** off while "playing" a video game which should be fun and relaxing lol.

    Ever play Dark Souls?
  • Kol8Ajawa wrote: »
    lol what is it called when someone likes to be abused or enjoys pain? I've long since stopped playing this cancerous game, but I enjoy coming back to the forums every now and then just to read how much more the devs can ruin what was such a fun and engaging game even with the P2W formula.

    What a disaster it has become, glad many of you still find enjoyment out of it. You must like being **** off while "playing" a video game which should be fun and relaxing lol.

    Massochist is the word you are looking for.
  • Will we be able to do each tier if we have the prerequisites for that tier without needing all prerequisites ready? @Kyno
  • Kyno
    22632 posts Moderator
    edited March 12
    @Mercury88
    Mercury88 wrote: »
    Will we be able to do each tier if we have the prerequisites for that tier without needing all prerequisites ready? Kyno

    Trying so hard to get more clarity on this, check in here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/225708/when-can-we-start-earning-gl-tickets#latest

    Edit to add: I will probably not get any more information right now, there is another posts planned for GLs. Not sure what details it contains, but we will have to wait.
  • Monel
    1919 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Mercury88
    Mercury88 wrote: »
    Will we be able to do each tier if we have the prerequisites for that tier without needing all prerequisites ready? Kyno

    Trying so hard to get more clarity on this, check in here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/225708/when-can-we-start-earning-gl-tickets#latest

    Edit to add: I will probably not get any more information right now, there is another posts planned for GLs. Not sure what details it contains, but we will have to wait.

    Hmm, one might ask what you mean when you say "planned". Not me of course, but one.
  • I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.
  • The image of the new Rey is really ugly

    She looks like a big LEGO or an Orc from the Lord of the Rings PS4 game

    She also has big hands on the splash screen too.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.
  • TVF
    21193 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.

    This generalization is not in any way a fact.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.

    Serious question, do you have actual data to support this claim of productivity? While I understand the reasoning behind working in offices, it is my opinion that the "facts" are just rooted in tradition and sunk cost fallacy. Tradition tells us we need to work in an office building to do jobs done on a computer using the internet, and companies already invested money in these buildings to house employees.


    Some sources to consider:
    https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/15259-working-from-home-more-productive.html
    https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/a-2-year-stanford-study-shows-astonishing-productivity-boost-of-working-from-home.html
    https://hbr.org/2019/08/is-it-time-to-let-employees-work-from-anywhere
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.

    Serious question, do you have actual data to support this claim of productivity? While I understand the reasoning behind working in offices, it is my opinion that the "facts" are just rooted in tradition and sunk cost fallacy. Tradition tells us we need to work in an office building to do jobs done on a computer using the internet, and companies already invested money in these buildings to house employees.


    Some sources to consider:
    https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/15259-working-from-home-more-productive.html
    https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/a-2-year-stanford-study-shows-astonishing-productivity-boost-of-working-from-home.html
    https://hbr.org/2019/08/is-it-time-to-let-employees-work-from-anywhere

    For the record, I'm just talking CG here, not business as a whole. Telework does make sense in some fields.

    CG just moved offices....so if it would have saved CG/EA money by just having all their employees work from home, why didn't they do that? By your logic, they would have saved a huge amount of money WHILE increasing productivity. Why would a business like CG, who charges nearly $300 for one marquee and $20 for a single gear piece, go through all the headache and huge cost of leasing, utilities, insurance, parking, security, office supplies, office hardware when they could just have everyone telework?

    Bottom line is that CG is extremely slow at getting out new playable content. The HSTR is how old now and its the "newest" raid? So, with their employees working without the company provided hardware, and working with whatever internet and hardware they have at home, plus having to deal with whatever distractions are at home (ie children, pets, TV, games) their ability to crank out the "ocean" of new content will be diminished, especially since they have to run everything through multiple channels inside and outside the company for approval.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.

    Serious question, do you have actual data to support this claim of productivity? While I understand the reasoning behind working in offices, it is my opinion that the "facts" are just rooted in tradition and sunk cost fallacy. Tradition tells us we need to work in an office building to do jobs done on a computer using the internet, and companies already invested money in these buildings to house employees.


    Some sources to consider:
    https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/15259-working-from-home-more-productive.html
    https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/a-2-year-stanford-study-shows-astonishing-productivity-boost-of-working-from-home.html
    https://hbr.org/2019/08/is-it-time-to-let-employees-work-from-anywhere

    For the record, I'm just talking CG here, not business as a whole. Telework does make sense in some fields.

    CG just moved offices....so if it would have saved CG/EA money by just having all their employees work from home, why didn't they do that? By your logic, they would have saved a huge amount of money WHILE increasing productivity. Why would a business like CG, who charges nearly $300 for one marquee and $20 for a single gear piece, go through all the headache and huge cost of leasing, utilities, insurance, parking, security, office supplies, office hardware when they could just have everyone telework?

    Bottom line is that CG is extremely slow at getting out new playable content. The HSTR is how old now and its the "newest" raid? So, with their employees working without the company provided hardware, and working with whatever internet and hardware they have at home, plus having to deal with whatever distractions are at home (ie children, pets, TV, games) their ability to crank out the "ocean" of new content will be diminished, especially since they have to run everything through multiple channels inside and outside the company for approval.

    So you have no data whatsoever and didn't read any of the sources I provided, or even my given argument to why we still believe in a office culture?

    k
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Piewalker
    99 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Lio wrote: »
    The image of the new Rey is really ugly

    She looks like a big LEGO or an Orc from the Lord of the Rings PS4 game

    Edgy

    Yes, agree...you’d think they’d smooth her hairline a bit more. Like it said - work in progress, so maybe it’ll actually look something like her in the end.
  • Iy4oy4s
    1282 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I figured it out! CG hasn't made any new content because of the coronavirus. They have cancelled all future operations until further notice. The reason they haven't been able to tell us this is because their community relations director can't use their one laptop (which is in quarantine) to send us the message.

    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a message from CG saying that they are shut down for a while, employees working from home. Gives them the perfect excuse on why new content will not be release until well into June. Mark my words.

    Um, that isn't how working from home works

    Well, new content isn’t coming with them working in the office, so just imagine the slow down if they do have to work from home.

    Still not how it works, but ok

    Enlighten me, oh enlightened one.

    Working from home means doing your same work from a different location, its not just vacation time.

    Sigh...why do we even have offices then? If the same level of work can be done at home, then why go through all the expenses of having office buildings??

    I said the work would slow down if they worked from home, nothing about vacation. It’s fact that an employee would be less productive when forced to work from home. It’s pretty simple really.

    Serious question, do you have actual data to support this claim of productivity? While I understand the reasoning behind working in offices, it is my opinion that the "facts" are just rooted in tradition and sunk cost fallacy. Tradition tells us we need to work in an office building to do jobs done on a computer using the internet, and companies already invested money in these buildings to house employees.


    Some sources to consider:
    https://www.businessnewsdaily.com/15259-working-from-home-more-productive.html
    https://www.inc.com/scott-mautz/a-2-year-stanford-study-shows-astonishing-productivity-boost-of-working-from-home.html
    https://hbr.org/2019/08/is-it-time-to-let-employees-work-from-anywhere

    For the record, I'm just talking CG here, not business as a whole. Telework does make sense in some fields.

    CG just moved offices....so if it would have saved CG/EA money by just having all their employees work from home, why didn't they do that? By your logic, they would have saved a huge amount of money WHILE increasing productivity. Why would a business like CG, who charges nearly $300 for one marquee and $20 for a single gear piece, go through all the headache and huge cost of leasing, utilities, insurance, parking, security, office supplies, office hardware when they could just have everyone telework?

    Bottom line is that CG is extremely slow at getting out new playable content. The HSTR is how old now and its the "newest" raid? So, with their employees working without the company provided hardware, and working with whatever internet and hardware they have at home, plus having to deal with whatever distractions are at home (ie children, pets, TV, games) their ability to crank out the "ocean" of new content will be diminished, especially since they have to run everything through multiple channels inside and outside the company for approval.

    So you have no data whatsoever and didn't read any of the sources I provided, or even my given argument to why we still believe in a office culture?

    k

    Again, I'm not talking about business as a whole, just CG. We will just agree to disagree. Hope you are very productive in your home office.
  • This isn't even a SOTG. It's more like the SOGL. A galaxy is so much bigger then 1 thing. I'm tired of hearing about content that's a year or 2 away for most players. Give us a true SOTG report. What has happened to Vehicles CG mentioned a while back? A New Raid? A ship Raid? A Jedi rework? A sandbox mode? So many other things they have talked about. Jesus aged **** is it so hard to give out more info then art work about GL.
Sign In or Register to comment.