Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    GAC join period is always 5 PM EST local time
    Events are always 3 AM EST local time
    Heist events are always 6 AM EST local time

Regardless of DST

You do know that EST means eastern standard time and not eastern time right? The gac join period was 5pm EST, which is technically 6pm EDT. and now that the US observed the time change GAC is now at 5pm EDT...
    You do know that EST is the only timezone

'MURRICA
    EST is a great time zone. The greatest time zone in America... possibly even the world... but definitely the best time zone in America. I love EST.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Regardless of DST

You do know that EST means eastern standard time and not eastern time right? The gac join period was 5pm EST, which is technically 6pm EDT. and now that the US observed the time change GAC is now at 5pm EDT...

'MURRICA
    EST is a great time zone. The greatest time zone in America... possibly even the world... but definitely the best time zone in America. I love EST.

This feels....fake.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    It wouldn’t be an issue if roster lock still worked properly but they force you to wait till the last minute now in case you can get any roster upgrades....

Not liking how it works /= not working properly

You mean the counting clock above the button that tells you roster lock hasn’t happened yet is working properly?

No I mean the roster lock, which is what was referenced by the post I quoted, is working properly. Despite the person I quoted not liking *how* it works, it still works.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    It wouldn’t be an issue if roster lock still worked properly but they force you to wait till the last minute now in case you can get any roster upgrades....

You mean the counting clock above the button that tells you roster lock hasn’t happened yet is working properly?

No I mean the roster lock, which is what was referenced by the post I quoted, is working properly. Despite the person I quoted not liking *how* it works, it still works.

And you think that the clock right above the join button which is clearly giving the player incorrect information about the roster lock is not part of the roster lock "feature" you claim is working properly?

Even after I join, the clock still says the lock will not happen for another X hours when in fact it has already happened. How is a player that does not come to the forums supposed to find out something like this? Even then, would they think to check? How is someone who does not speak english supposed to know this? Official communication from CG is only provided in english.

Get rid of the clock, add text that simply says when the actual lock happens and then I'll concede that the feature is working.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Regardless of DST

'MURRICA

It's a shame you're all on EDT right now then.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »

Regardless of DST

'MURRICA

It's a shame you're all on EDT right now then.

I’m not on that, I’m on GMT (which is also UTC right now).

I was doing a Trump parody.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

And you think that the clock right above the join button which is clearly giving the player incorrect information about the roster lock is not part of the roster lock "feature" you claim is working properly?

Even after I join, the clock still says the lock will not happen for another X hours when in fact it has already happened. How is a player that does not come to the forums supposed to find out something like this? Even then, would they think to check? How is someone who does not speak english supposed to know this? Official communication from CG is only provided in english.

Get rid of the clock, add text that simply says when the actual lock happens and then I'll concede that the feature is working.

How is there even a rebuttal to this? Defending incompetence is hilarious.

Defining what I said as defending incompetence is hilarious.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

I just had a flashback to my 6 year old self when “I know you are, but what am I” was always the correct response.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

I just had a flashback to my 6 year old self when “I know you are, but what am I” was always the correct response.

That's not what TVF said. He also didn't "rebut incompetence." He just pointed out that the new system of player lock on join is working properly. He made no comment about the bugged timer label. The poster to whom he was responding obviously knew rosters locked on join, which is why they complained about being "forced" to wait until the last minute. That process is working as intended, which TVF pointed out.

I almost feel we are reaching a point where human beings can't pass a Turing test these days, given how little attention many pay to details.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

That's not what TVF said. He also didn't "rebut incompetence." He just pointed out that the new system of player lock on join is working properly. He made no comment about the bugged timer label. The poster to whom he was responding obviously knew rosters locked on join, which is why they complained about being "forced" to wait until the last minute. That process is working as intended, which TVF pointed out.

This.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

I almost feel we are reaching a point where human beings can't pass a Turing test these days, given how little attention many pay to details.

And I was simply pointing out that the busted timer has been part of the feature he says is working since what, october now. As you so eloquently put, details matter.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

And I was simply pointing out that the busted timer has been part of the feature he says is working since what, october now. As you so eloquently put, details matter.

Your pointing that out was irrelevant. The guy complained about "waiting until the last minute" obviously knew the timer wasn't counting down to player lock. So your pointing that out as evidence that TVF is defending a broken system is strictly untrue.

Why not make a claim that TVF was defending the Anakin ETA fighter bug? It's just as related to the comment that TVF made about the roster lock as the countdown timer that neither involved party was concerned about.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

Your pointing that out was irrelevant. The guy complained about "waiting until the last minute" obviously knew the timer wasn't counting down to player lock. So your pointing that out as evidence that TVF is defending a broken system is strictly untrue.

Why not make a claim that TVF was defending the Anakin ETA fighter bug? It's just as related to the comment that TVF made about the roster lock as the countdown timer that neither involved party was concerned about.

And if you had read some of my other comments you would realize that there are likely many others that do not realize the roster lock works the way it does as there is nothing in the game that says when the lock will happen. Oh wait, yes there is, and it’s wrong.

Give me a minute, I’ll figure out how to work anakins ship into the equation if you’d like.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

And if you had read some of my other comments you would realize that there are likely many others that do not realize the roster lock works the way it does as there is nothing in the game that says when the lock will happen. Oh wait, yes there is, and it’s wrong.

Give me a minute, I’ll figure out how to work anakins ship into the equation if you’d like.

You are correct that there are indeed players who are confused by the player lock countdown timer, but the conversation was not about the timer, but the actual functionality of the player lock itself, which both parties understood. Therefore, commenting on the visual bug associated with the timer label was irrelevant to the conversation taking place.

Interjecting yourself into the conversation to make false claims about TVF served no purpose except to derail the thread. He claimed the Player Lock functions properly. It does. There are dozens of other things in the game that aren't working properly (including the timer), yet TVF chose not to include those in the scope of his comment, since they were irrelevant.

I think this thread is pretty much played out at this point though. Question was asked and answered.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

You are correct that there are indeed players who are confused by the player lock countdown timer, but the conversation was not about the timer, but the actual functionality of the player lock itself, which both parties understood. Therefore, commenting on the visual bug associated with the timer label was irrelevant to the conversation taking place.

Interjecting yourself into the conversation to make false claims about TVF served no purpose except to derail the thread. He claimed the Player Lock functions properly. It does. There are dozens of other things in the game that aren't working properly (including the timer), yet TVF chose not to include those in the scope of his comment, since they were irrelevant.

I think this thread is pretty much played out at this point though. Question was asked and answered.

I see nowhere where I made false claims about anyone in particular. But I will agree this thread has played out.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    And TVF, I don’t think you were defending the obvious conflict of the timer and the join button, I don’t think even you would defend that one.

Thank you for pointing this out, and you're right, of course I'm not defending it. It had nothing to do with the posts made.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

I see nowhere where I made false claims about anyone in particular. But I will agree this thread has played out.

I'll help. auloh9mtwg5f.jpeg
    You were (incorrectly) contradicting TVF chain that Roster lock is working properly, by referencing the timer that was irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member

I'll help. auloh9mtwg5f.jpeg
    You were (incorrectly) contradicting TVF chain that Roster lock is working properly, by referencing the timer that was irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

How about this

Roster lock is working properly in regards to time change and devs announcement that roster locks upon hitting the join button.

Roster lock is not working properly based on the UI that includes a timer. This should be fixed and only requires taking out the incorrect timer.

The OP had issues with time change, etc... but I bet there are still players that think roster lock happens according to the timer. Is removing the timer a difficult task requiring loads of dev time?

No one is disputing that the timer incorrectly lists "roster lock." It was flagged for improvement months ago, and I believe it's a simple enough changer it should have been fixed months ago.

However, TVF's comments to Snoopy were about the actual locking of the roster. So Ima "contradicting" TVF by saying the timer is bugged was irrelevant to that exchange.
  • So roster lock in 44 minutes and not being able to join the GAC is WAI.

Talk about setting the bar low...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    So roster lock in 44 minutes and not being able to join the GAC is WAI.

Talk about setting the bar low...

What are you talking about.