Resistance Hero Poe

Prev1
As soon as Resistance Hero Finn was announced as a GL Rey requirement, he became farmable on a hard node.

Why isn't Resistance Hero Poe farmable now that he has been announced as a GL Rey requirement?

Replies

• Probably Poe will be part of the 5 toons which will be in the next meta GL Rey squad anyway
  • THIS. He needs to be farmable now. This is a horrible CG decision.
  • I got a message in game and it seems they are still doing "in stores first, then farmable later" routine.
  • It is kind of crappy they waited until the final tier to announce a pay only character, so any F2P players that were working on it are now screwed.
  • His farmability should coincide with his announcement as a GL Rey requirement. Just like RH Finn's did.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    It is kind of crappy they waited until the final tier to announce a pay only character, so any F2P players that were working on it are now screwed.

I think most of us expected him to be a requirement. He's due on a node sometime between 19/03 and 02/04. Can be gearing him in the mean time.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    It is kind of crappy they waited until the final tier to announce a pay only character, so any F2P players that were working on it are now screwed.

I think most of us expected him to be a requirement. He's due on a node sometime between 19/03 and 02/04. Can be gearing him in the mean time.

Did they change the release schedule? I had something in my mind that a char is farmable on a node 4-6 weeks after it gets added to the shipments
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

pay only?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Ponnek wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Did they change the release schedule? I had something in my mind that a char is farmable on a node 4-6 weeks after it gets added to the shipments

It's an estimate. I'd expect it to be the April date, maybe a week or two later. He was 5 days "late" going to shipments as there hadn't been an update beforehand. This is usually the best place to get the rough dates: https://swgohevents.com/marquee
  • having played this game since it launched i am not shocked with how they are putting the requirements together and making resitance hero poe a p2p char to access the galactic legends. its disappointing but not shocking. i should have all the other requirements except finn/poe 7* when the event unlocks. im not going to pay to get them and if the event looks like garbage from what other people show with videos ill probably just quit. i know im not the only one hanging on an edge and its sad that galactic legends are setup to kinda push a exodus of the on the fence players to leave instead of have something to do to keep them engaged.

poe is a huge push to help the exodus grow and in general i think the way galactic legends requirements have been released arent any better than previous events release structure even though ea/cg will claim they removed the panic farm by letting you know ahead of time.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »

Temporarily screwed (since the event never goes away) but ya it's a nice middle finger to the ones who don't pay.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Temporarily screwed (since the event never goes away) but ya it's a nice middle finger to the ones who don't pay.

More like an advantage for those who do
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Johti wrote: »
    THIS. He needs to be farmable now. This is a horrible CG decision.

Absolutely rubbish! How dare they! Rage rage rage! 2x0=avocado and giraffes smell
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Johti wrote: »
    THIS. He needs to be farmable now. This is a horrible CG decision.

Absolutely rubbish! How dare they! Rage rage rage! 2x0=avocado and giraffes smell

How dare you talk about @Gifafi like that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this forum is turning into p2SmellGud
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    this forum is turning into p2SmellGud

Why p2smellgud when you can be FTStink?
  • You have 8 months minimum to farm him anyhow since raddus is a requirement. That’s gonna take a while with a few events a month.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    You have 8 months minimum to farm him anyhow since raddus is a requirement. That’s gonna take a while with a few events a month.

How do you figure that?
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    You have 8 months minimum to farm him anyhow since raddus is a requirement. That’s gonna take a while with a few events a month.

Not to get to 5* it won’t.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    You can get 100 shards of Poe for crystals now. Go for it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    You can get 100 shards of Poe for crystals now. Go for it.

Well, there goes most of my crystal stash. Although I would probably spend that amount anyway, just over longer time.
  • When hero poe is farmable, I will slow farm him daily. When he is 7 stars I will likely have 8 out of the 12 requirements. No rush for me. #badathoarding
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    No, we are not screwed.

The event is open ended. There is no boat to miss. You aren't out for months if you don't get Rey day one.
    Still not a he.
  • I would expect the release structure to create a significant window for P2P to be advantaged with new GL toons.
    If Poe is not made farmable until just before GL release, it could take months for an F2P player to farm him.
    Either Pay; be really good at hoarding; or wait and take your time. Those are the same options the player base has faced for years. I don’t see why it should be any different now.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    maybe rey is better than kylo so they make her harder to get via poe farm
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lol i hope the tickets you need take the biggest whale here 8 months to collect and cannot be bought..... if only to see all the blather about Poe over
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Lol i hope the tickets you need take the biggest whale here 8 months to collect and cannot be bought..... if only to see all the blather about Poe over

As someone who's not a whale I would really hate this. I'm against the ticket system as a whole because anyone whos not a kraken has to wait long enough to get these characters as is. Then once we meet the requirements we have to wait longer? Hopefully the unlock doesn't take that long
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    As someone who's not a whale I would really hate this. I'm against the ticket system as a whole because anyone whos not a kraken has to wait long enough to get these characters as is. Then once we meet the requirements we have to wait longer? Hopefully the unlock doesn't take that long
    People are just fearmongering over the ticket system.

By all appearances, it's a means to counterbalance folks bashing their heads on legendary/journey/epic events they are underprepared for all day for the entire event run since journeys are open-ended and you could theoretically do it forever otherwise.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    People are just fearmongering over the ticket system.

By all appearances, it's a means to counterbalance folks bashing their heads on legendary/journey/epic events they are underprepared for all day for the entire event run since journeys are open-ended and you could theoretically do it forever otherwise.

They ask for 13 relic characters, how can you be "underprepared" for that?