Congratulations Mark Dickenson (Regarding Hyperspace Bundle)

Prev1
You have inspired me to come back after a long hiatus from the forums (working an insane amount of hours) to express my shock at the new levels of greed coming from CG.
The game has become noticeably more wallet draining in recent months, then GL was announced, having players farm completely useless characters to Relic'd levels.
However, this post is about sticking a paywall behind another paywall. We have to spend $100 in order to have the privilege of spending $100.
I loathe to see what's next.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Would you have bought it on its own?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

I think he wrote A Christmas Carol.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    However, this post is about sticking a paywall behind another paywall. We have to spend $100 in order to have the privilege of spending $100.
    Why am i always surprised about the things people will complain about

"I want to spend 100 dollars but I need to spend 100 dollars first?! I've never seen something so greedy before!"

The only item that is paywall gated is Lightspeed bundle and that isn't worth the $100 and this is how they deter you, then you should be thanking them
  • I won’t buy anyway. Doesn’t seem like nearly as good a deal as the Hyperdrive Bundle. Most of these packs seem lackluster at best.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    You have inspired me to come back after a long hiatus from the forums (working an insane amount of hours) to express my shock at the new levels of greed coming from CG.
    The game has become noticeably more wallet draining in recent months, then GL was announced, having players farm completely useless characters to Relic'd levels.
    Noticeably more wallet driven?

I've gone from spending nothing to spending nothing, and I'm still doing quite well.
    Still not a he.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the game is literally free.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

• However, this post is about sticking a paywall behind another paywall. We have to spend $100 in order to have the privilege of spending $100.

If your in Australia its over $150
  • Why do people act like it's a new thing? Back in the day when Aurodium packs were a thing, they had a prequisite of having spendt $200 on the game.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

I think he wrote A Christmas Carol.

Nah, he was the coach of the Chicago Bears from 82 to 92.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• n84cn7nr9z5x.png
    c7gwwgiw2o7z.png
    degjqhagvc1l.png

He joined CG and straight away focused on a new game to detract from Galaxy Of Heroes, probably not before deciding to coming up with ways to milk the community and player base in ways we had never seen up until he joined. I’m sure you can guess where his real passion lies, pleasing shareholders! I used to enjoy SWGOH, now I’m just going through the motions.
  • However, this post is about sticking a paywall behind another paywall. We have to spend $100 in order to have the privilege of spending $100.

If your in Australia its over $150

Still cheaper then toilet paper
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    SWGoH is so true to Star Wars and its fans.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

Used to be Carrie, however unlike Carrie he doesn't interact with the community.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Man, i thought you would have bought those packs in a heartbeat, it's the least you can do in return for them making the clones wear their helmets in battle.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

Used to be Carrie, however unlike Carrie he doesn't interact with the community.

After seeing how the community reacted to Carrie, hard to blame him.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

We were specifically told that, "that is not his style", he will if its required, but unlike Carrie he doesnt put himself out there in the same way. Each has their own style, which is understandable in that position.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

Cop out

How is it a cop out?

1) It's not his job to interact with the community, that's Crumb's job.
    2) People were terrible to Carrie.

Given those two points, why would Carrie's replacement have an incentive to say anything at all?

(regardless of what his style is)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

Cop out

How is it a cop out?

Given those two points, why would Carrie's replacement have an incentive to say anything at all?

The belief that the person who’s job it is to communicate and interact with the community, shouldn’t do that because of how people react/reacted to that is a fallacy, I think.

I also don’t think Carrie was very good at interacting with the community and that someone more adept at communication and representing the game would get far less push back and abuse.

Maybe not you, but I’ve definitely seen this excuse used a lot as to why they don’t or shouldn’t interact and inform the community more. It’s a cop out and should not stop them from doing what they promised and know is right.

And that’s why I asked if that was even Mark’s role and if he replaced crumb.

It's not and he didn't.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Who is Mark Dickenson?

Cop out

How is it a cop out?

The belief that the person who’s job it is to communicate and interact with the community, shouldn’t do that because of how people react/reacted to that is a fallacy, I think.

I also don’t think Carrie was very good at interacting with the community and that someone more adept at communication and representing the game would get far less push back and abuse.

Maybe not you, but I’ve definitely seen this excuse used a lot as to why they don’t or shouldn’t interact and inform the community more. It’s a cop out and should not stop them from doing what they promised and know is right.

And that’s why I asked if that was even Mark’s role and if he replaced crumb.

I think Carrie spoke more like a player than anyone else who speaks for this game, which is a good thing IMHO.

Her words were taken out of context and misrepresented. That is not her fault.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    But they will still get push back and abuse

This community is extremely toxic and not worth replying to
  • New lightspeed bundle is complete trash. Very lackluster... I don't understand how they don't see that. I would buy it had a little more bang for buck..
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Again, getting push back from the community is not an excuse to not do what your job is and what you’ve personally promised to do.

There will always be toxicity, but that is irrelevant to what crumb should be doing and what he promised he would be doing.

The community didn’t all of a sudden become toxic after crumb made that promise.

I also whole heartedly believe that some of the toxicity and complaints would be lowered by crumb simply doing what he so eloquently promised in 2018.
    What promise are they reneging on?

If it's the more communication promise, this game has more and more open communication than any mobile game I've come across, so this can't reasonably be another communication complaint.
    Still not a he.