When can we start earning GL tickets?

Prev1
RoneytheHutt
93 posts Member
edited March 2020
It says in the March State of the Galaxy that tickets are farmable when you have achieved the requirements, but this does not seem to be case? Or where are they shown?

“ Once you qualify for each of their events, you will be able to earn event tickets through existing gameplay and can be used to attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked.”

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Probably in 2 weeks
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Once you join the Green Lantern Corps.
    Still not a he.
  • Have you achieved the requirements ?
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Tickets!!! What do you mean tickets? Just another whale gate that only krackens can knock down! Argh, what's next? Should I just start having my company make my check payable to CG? #rageragerage
  • Completed the fo ones, lacking hero poe stars
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Completed the fo ones, lacking hero poe stars

I've always said that this game definitely lacks Poe stars.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    It says in the March State of the Galaxy that tickets are farmable when you have achieved the requirements, but this does not seem to be case? Or where are they shown?

“ Once you qualify for each of their events, you will be able to earn event tickets through existing gameplay and can be used to attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked.”

It is described correctly. "Qualify each of their events"
    The events aren't available. They will come online later this month.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    At the very least this is one of the unlock reqs:

CG_SBCrumb
    560 postsSWGOH Dev Team › EA Community Manager
    March 11, 2020 2:09AM
    There are no other requirements to unlock the Rey or Kylo's Galactic Legends event. Both Capital Ships are only required to unlock the event, and are not needed in battle as both events do not have a fleet combat tier.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    When you meet the requirements and the events are live. The events themselves have not been launched yet.
  • Sorry to clarify?

Is it:

Once you've reached the achievement for 1/4 so 3/13 you can start earning tickets. You'd then take part in P1 event, which you can do say 5 times. Once you've done it 5 times, you can't access part 2 until you've unlocked requirements for part 2. So you'd sit there and your ticket pile would be capped until you could spend them.

Or do you need all 13/13 before you can even earn tickets at all?

----

I thought it was 2, but the wording about 'tickets having a cap' and "attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked" made it look more like the first.
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am pretty sure you need all requirements to unlock the event and start collecting tickets so 13/13.

The ticket cap and other statement were made due to questions that have come up and they are trying to be clear that tickets are used no matter the outcome of the event.
  • Pentagon wrote: »
    Sorry to clarify?

Is it:

Once you've reached the achievement for 1/4 so 3/13 you can start earning tickets. You'd then take part in P1 event, which you can do say 5 times. Once you've done it 5 times, you can't access part 2 until you've unlocked requirements for part 2. So you'd sit there and your ticket pile would be capped until you could spend them.

Or do you need all 13/13 before you can even earn tickets at all?

----

I thought it was 2, but the wording about 'tickets having a cap' and "attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked" made it look more like the first.

Well you need all the reqs to unlock the event, and you can't earn tickets until the event is unlocked... Tickets having a cap means you can't just earn tickets indefinitely and do the whole thing in one shot. Or maybe it is like raid tickets where you have a daily cap you can't go over. The bit about "unlocking new tiers" is just exhausting the rewards for a current tier and moving on to the next.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you need all requirements to unlock the event and start collecting tickets so 13/13.

The ticket cap and other statement were made due to questions that have come up and they are trying to be clear that tickets are used no matter the outcome of the event.

Ta

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • When will then be now?

Soon.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

This part gives the impression some x/4 is enough to unlock the GL while ultimate ability comes later. Can we confirm @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno ?

"As we’ve mentioned, Galactic Legends unlock at 7 stars, but unlike many other events, you don’t need to reach the final tier of the event to achieve this. You’ll receive enough character shards to activate each
    Galactic Legends partway through their event, however you still need to complete their entire event to unlock their full power - their ultimate ability. The Ultimate Abilities will require a new Ultimate Ability Material to unlock that is rewarded from completing the final tiers of the event. You will have enough material to unlock their Ultimate Ability once you have earned all available materials from the later tiers of the event. The materials needed to unlock ultimate abilities will only be available in Galactic Legend events."
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

This part gives the impression some x/4 is enough to unlock the GL while ultimate ability comes later. Can we confirm @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno ?

"As we’ve mentioned, Galactic Legends unlock at 7 stars, but unlike many other events, you don’t need to reach the final tier of the event to achieve this. You’ll receive enough character shards to activate each
    Galactic Legends partway through their event, however you still need to complete their entire event to unlock their full power - their ultimate ability. The Ultimate Abilities will require a new Ultimate Ability Material to unlock that is rewarded from completing the final tiers of the event. You will have enough material to unlock their Ultimate Ability once you have earned all available materials from the later tiers of the event. The materials needed to unlock ultimate abilities will only be available in Galactic Legend events."

It doesn't really give that impression. CG stated you need to complete all the requirements (so 4/4) to begin collecting tickets for the event, and if you cannot collect tickets you cannot attempt any tier of the event.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

It doesn't really give that impression. CG stated you need to complete all the requirements (so 4/4) to begin collecting tickets for the event, and if you cannot collect tickets you cannot attempt any tier of the event.

Where's that said? I can't see a sentence where qualify=4/4 is clarified.
  • "These tickets will become earnable once a player has met the prerequisites and unlocked the event."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/224342/state-of-the-galaxy-february-2020
  • It says in the March State of the Galaxy that tickets are farmable when you have achieved the requirements, but this does not seem to be case? Or where are they shown?

Soon as they can create a pack that says GL tickets = $$$$ (CLICK TO BUY) $$$$
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member

So basically, it is pointless to have 4 step of requirements if you need 13/13 to do something with the event.

• StarSon
    7432 posts Member
    Jefferx wrote: »

So basically, it is pointless to have 4 step of requirements if you need 13/13 to do something with the event.

No, it's not pointless. The 4 steps were so they could begin revealing them a little at a time a couple months ago, as opposed to dropping all 13 on us at once.
  • Jefferx wrote: »

Bingo. You are spot on.

I think the confusion here is that once again CG did not communicate effectively. I understand that tickets won't be earned until the event is here, but in their post they should have clarified that rather than say as soon as you complete the requirements you can start earning tickets. It would make more sense if you could start as soon as the requirments are met, quite frankly. What advantage is there to complete them now versus the day the event goes live? None. None at all.
  • Also, the claim that there is no panic farm for this is laughable. New Finn and Poe? Hux and FOSiT? Having them ready in time for this thing to launch is about the biggest panic farm ever. Especially Poe since he isn't even farmable yet. He shouldn't have been included.
  • Also, the claim that there is no panic farm for this is laughable. New Finn and Poe? Hux and FOSiT? Having them ready in time for this thing to launch is about the biggest panic farm ever. Especially Poe since he isn't even farmable yet. He shouldn't have been included.

It's only a panic if you absolutely have to have them day 1. It's not a panic if you realize that you can also unlock them on days 2 - forever. The reason other events have a panic farm is because they go away.

It's only a panic if you absolutely have to have them day 1. It's not a panic if you realize that you can also unlock them on days 2 - forever. The reason other events have a panic farm is because they go away.

Yeah, but this discounts the fact that they have increased the number of GAS squads in the Galaxy, and unless GAS can beat GL Kylo and GL Rey people are gonna have to panic to get one so that they can still make arena PO. Or win in GAC. The panic farm is not necessarily tied to the event's duration in this case. They are simply shifting the reasons for the panic farm.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    I really think that you can do step 1/4 when you complete this requirements. When it’s complete then you go 2/4 and so on. It’s weird to complete all 13/13 to start doing the step 1/4 of the event. It should be more cool to complete sone step and do something without having to wait a full 13/13 before doing something on this permanent event. Having this event permanently available is completely useless if you need everything.
  • LordDirt
    5001 posts Member
    Also, the claim that there is no panic farm for this is laughable. New Finn and Poe? Hux and FOSiT? Having them ready in time for this thing to launch is about the biggest panic farm ever. Especially Poe since he isn't even farmable yet. He shouldn't have been included.

Yep, those two are going to be holding me back the most. Was going to go all in but not until I 7* them first.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?