When can we start earning GL tickets?

2Next

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I really think that you can do step 1/4 when you complete this requirements. When it’s complete then you go 2/4 and so on. It’s weird to complete all 13/13 to start doing the step 1/4 of the event. It should be more cool to complete sone step and do something without having to wait a full 13/13 before doing something on this permanent event. Having this event permanently available is completely useless if you need everything.

I thought it was gonna be exactly that and we'll get the GL at some point without getting the ulti (like an unlocked but mostly useless GAS). That would have been a good idea. I'm now convinced we simply need everything though and these 4 part division is merely a tool for CG to not reveal the thing at once.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Also, the claim that there is no panic farm for this is laughable. New Finn and Poe? Hux and FOSiT? Having them ready in time for this thing to launch is about the biggest panic farm ever. Especially Poe since he isn't even farmable yet. He shouldn't have been included.

It's only a panic if you absolutely have to have them day 1. It's not a panic if you realize that you can also unlock them on days 2 - forever. The reason other events have a panic farm is because they go away.

Yeah, but this discounts the fact that they have increased the number of GAS squads in the Galaxy, and unless GAS can beat GL Kylo and GL Rey people are gonna have to panic to get one so that they can still make arena PO. Or win in GAC. The panic farm is not necessarily tied to the event's duration in this case. They are simply shifting the reasons for the panic farm.

I think you just shifted the definition of what a panic farm is to suit your narrative. I'm not saying they took the incentive to hurry up away with this new format though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you need all requirements to unlock the event and start collecting tickets so 13/13.

The ticket cap and other statement were made due to questions that have come up and they are trying to be clear that tickets are used no matter the outcome of the event.

That's not how I read what they've said at all. IMO, each GL character has 4 events within it (tiers). The events are unlocked as you meet the requirements for each. You can collect tickets for that event (tier) and start making attempts on it, though probably in sequential order. e.g, I'd guess you can't do tier 4 before completing 1-3. Or tier 3 without having first completed 1-2. etc.
  • Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    I am pretty sure you need all requirements to unlock the event and start collecting tickets so 13/13.

The ticket cap and other statement were made due to questions that have come up and they are trying to be clear that tickets are used no matter the outcome of the event.

That's not how I read what they've said at all. IMO, each GL character has 4 events within it (tiers). The events are unlocked as you meet the requirements for each. You can collect tickets for that event (tier) and start making attempts on it, though probably in sequential order. e.g, I'd guess you can't do tier 4 before completing 1-3. Or tier 3 without having first completed 1-2. etc.

I guess you can read it however you want, but that's not what the latest state of the galaxy indicated to me. You earn tickets for the event as a whole. Each event is broken up into tiers, but the tiers don't have their own tickets - there's only two types of tickets, light and dark.

There's also been no indication of the number of tiers, so that's pure speculation. Keep in mind, you won't even be using all the required characters in the event - the Raddus and Finalizer won't be used at all, for example, so I wouldn't put too much weight on the format of the unlock requirements.

From the March State of the Galaxy: "Once you qualify for each of their events, you will be able to earn event tickets through existing gameplay and can be used to attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked. These event tickets come in 2 varieties, light and dark side, and you’ll need the appropriate type to participate in that side’s Galactic Legend event. "
  • Options
    I do expect to be a tier complete then you play the tier. If it’s not similar to this, then why they put the ultimate ability under a wall that you can reach as fast as unlocking the toon....
    lbh5ws173296.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I do expect to be a tier complete then you play the tier. If it’s not similar to this, then why they put the ultimate ability under a wall that you can reach as fast as unlocking the toon....
    lbh5ws173296.png

Because they can have the unlocked toon be part of those missions, meaning yous need to unlock and possibly gear then to u lock the "ultimate" (pure speculation)
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    Wow. Now I'm really confused. My initial take was that you needed all 13 to unlock and make it playable at all, but the more I read their post coupled with this thread the more I think it may be phased which is pretty cool if it is. I mean it would be one thing to have the prerequisites revealed in batches maybe a post every 2 weeks or something, but there is an actually quest for each set and it makes me think now it's gated like that. Why else do it that way? If you have to wait until you have them all unlocked at those levels then why wouldn't you be able to unlock them completely with their ultra ability day 1? To me I see it tiered like the quests with each grouping, you complete one then have to get enough tickets to attempt the next tier.

Also one question do we need all the prerequisites for both to start or just the path we've chosen? So if I decide to focus on Kylo first can I just get his 13 and only do his arc ignoring Rey and her prerequisites? I think that's the case and again it would make sense that it is not intended for most or any to get both from the start.
  • Options
    I bet it'll take weeks to have enough tickets for 1 try, fail - collect tickets for another 3 weeks - retry and so on B)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting Kyno, it may be the case. In a player point of view, i think being able to play each tier when you complete three hard objectives on relic 3 toon should be a very interesting way to keep GL events very exciting for a long time. If not, it will just be like a malak or gas event.....
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I got a bad feeling that you wouldn't use all of the requirement characters to do the event since it was confirmed that the Finalizer/Raddus wouldn't be used in the actual event as there isn't a ship section at all. I did ask Crumb if this would be the case, and I didn't get an answer.

I can't see a scenario where VS Han would be used in a battle, more like a cutscene assuming they are following the film exactly. And assuming, based on the "opening cutscene" storyboard, it will start from the point where Rey and Ren face each other in that weird force power where they can see each other despite not in the same place in Rise of the Skywalker... does that mean the original Rey and Kylo Ren, Original Finn, Original Phasma, Original Poe could potentially not be used (unless they went back and start off from Last Jedi's similar situation.)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I got a bad feeling that you wouldn't use all of the requirement characters to do the event since it was confirmed that the Finalizer/Raddus wouldn't be used in the actual event as there isn't a ship section at all. I did ask Crumb if this would be the case, and I didn't get an answer.

I can't see a scenario where VS Han would be used in a battle, more like a cutscene assuming they are following the film exactly. And assuming, based on the "opening cutscene" storyboard, it will start from the point where Rey and Ren face each other in that weird force power where they can see each other despite not in the same place in Rise of the Skywalker... does that mean the original Rey and Kylo Ren, Original Finn, Original Phasma, Original Poe could potentially not be used (unless they went back and start off from Last Jedi's similar situation.)

I agree it does seem likely now that we will have required toons to open up the missions buy not be required to use them.

This is going to be interesting, to say the least.
    MntMan wrote: »
    Wow. Now I'm really confused. My initial take was that you needed all 13 to unlock and make it playable at all, but the more I read their post coupled with this thread the more I think it may be phased which is pretty cool if it is. I mean it would be one thing to have the prerequisites revealed in batches maybe a post every 2 weeks or something, but there is an actually quest for each set and it makes me think now it's gated like that. Why else do it that way? If you have to wait until you have them all unlocked at those levels then why wouldn't you be able to unlock them completely with their ultra ability day 1? To me I see it tiered like the quests with each grouping, you complete one then have to get enough tickets to attempt the next tier.

Also one question do we need all the prerequisites for both to start or just the path we've chosen? So if I decide to focus on Kylo first can I just get his 13 and only do his arc ignoring Rey and her prerequisites? I think that's the case and again it would make sense that it is not intended for most or any to get both from the start.

The prerequisites for one are to unlock that one only. You do not need all 26 to access the event for one.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    It says in the March State of the Galaxy that tickets are farmable when you have achieved the requirements, but this does not seem to be case? Or where are they shown?

“ Once you qualify for each of their events, you will be able to earn event tickets through existing gameplay and can be used to attempt a tier of the Galactic Legends event that you have unlocked.”

The tickets will start being earned when the event launches. There will be more details about the tickets and how they are earned in a future post.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

I agree it does seem likely now that we will have required toons to open up the missions buy not be required to use them.

The prerequisites for one are to unlock that one only. You do not need all 26 to access the event for one.

but you need 13 per, right? my understanding is you need all 13 FO reqs (for example) to try the GLKylo event. The ships won't be used but you have to have them to unlock the event. Is this your understanding as well?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

but you need 13 per, right? my understanding is you need all 13 FO reqs (for example) to try the GLKylo event. The ships won't be used but you have to have them to unlock the event. Is this your understanding as well?

Correct, the 13 you need for Kylo, unlock the kylo event, and independently the 13 you need for Rey will unlock the rey event.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options

Correct, the 13 you need for Kylo, unlock the kylo event, and independently the 13 you need for Rey will unlock the rey event.

Sorry if I’m wrong on this but my understanding is you only need the first 6 FO or first 6 Resistance to earn GL and then the 9 and 13 respectfully are for the two levels of “extra powers” for said GL toons???
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »

Sorry if I’m wrong on this but my understanding is you only need the first 6 FO or first 6 Resistance to earn GL and then the 9 and 13 respectfully are for the two levels of “extra powers” for said GL toons???

They have a post coming (at some point), with more details.

From the original post it sounded like you needed them all (each group of 13) to unlock the event and the grouping was just the release structure of the information. But might as well wait for the next post and see if it explains more.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

where did you read that?
  • Options
    Why is everyone spazzing out? Get the 13 on whatever side you want or both. Then wait till the week of the 23rdish, see the kits and full details of the event. Make it like Christmas and just wait and see. Or just skip the event and move on.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options

where did you read that?

I’m reading into it based on the quote in State of the Galaxy...(paraphrased) “these will unlock at 7* but unlike most events like this you will not need to reach the end to unlock the GL, the final stages will be to earn enough ability material to unlock the legendary ability”
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

where did you read that?

I’m reading into it based on the quote in State of the Galaxy...(paraphrased) “these will unlock at 7* but unlike most events like this you will not need to reach the end to unlock the GL, the final stages will be to earn enough ability material to unlock the legendary ability”

these are two very different things. from what I can tell you need all 13 for each to attempt, they unlock at 7* but you will need to complete later stages to get them to full power (legendary abilities). I would not count on needing less than the 13 to attempt/unlock, imo
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    You need all 13 requirements to activate the event and after that you can start farming tickets which are capped. Likely max cap = one tier / mission to counteract hoarding those tickets.