So much for the GL requirements

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Was the release cadence altered for Hero Poe?
    Ultra wrote: »
    Was the release cadence altered for Hero Poe?
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee

Doesn’t seem like it

It wasn't altered, but it was missed. Nothing stopping them from altering it at this point, but if they leave it, Poe won't be farmable until 2-4 weeks after the events launch.

Wait, what was missed? Based on the established cadence for Marquees, RH Poe was not expected to hit a farmable node until April. We knew this timeline when the character was released.

There are two stages to the cadence. 4-6 weeks after the event the character goes to shipments (as happened yesterday), and 4-6 weeks after that they go to a node. Safari Poe was supposed to go to shipments no later than last week, so that part was missed.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Steapa95 wrote: »
    You miss a point. You cannot enter any phase of the event before unlock the event. To unlock you need ALL required toons at the required relict level.

Yup, ain't it cool!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    So here is the fun. GL Rey has requirements that are all resistance. Meaning all of it has synergy. Vet han has nothing to give for FO

Palp only has synergy with sith trooper. Hes by far not a wasted relic... but resistance getting bb8 r7 is far more usseful to its faction.

Vet chewy now has synergy with resistance. Is he great??? No nit really but he has more synergy to rey jedi training than vet han does to kru.

Now. My expectation.
    Due to resistance being a bit better team, i expect GL Rey to be able to beat GL Kylo. Add to that hero poe is harder to get currently and that makes sense.

Is it fair... nope. Is it close in effort, yes. Exact same effort. You just have a late start which may mean cantina for hero poe to ease that burden.

That said, they screwed you if GAS or revan can beat GL Rey and not GL Kylo
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Palp only has synergy with sith trooper. Hes by far not a wasted relic... but resistance getting bb8 r7 is far more usseful to its faction.

I was thinking the exact opposite, r7 bb8 is such a gigantic waste.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I have been planning to be ready for one gl upon release for quite some time. I estimated the gear reqs and farmed accordingly to be ready for either one.

Due to the ticket system and the increased crystal cost (to be ready upon release) of new poe i will be choosing to go with kylo. Kind of annoying, i would have rather chosen rey, but it makes way more sense game economy wise to pick kylo.

Op might be overreacting, but i get the annoyance.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    gatormatt wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    and?

And what? Kyno asked a question and I answered.

You didn't answer anything. You posted a response that admits "the requirements are not the same". They stated an equal level of "effort". Effort =/= resources invested or panic farming. Each has similar requirements; that's what they stated they were shooting for, and that's what they've done.

Except the effort to farm RH Poe, a toon that was only just released into the crystal shops and chromium packs, is far greater than any other FO required toon. So that doesn’t necessarily bleed equal effort

Really? It's going to take significantly more in game energy to farm RHP than any FO toon? Source please?

No, it won't. The effort is the same. Resources to get RHP to 7* and geared quickly will be high but they didn't promise equal resource investment.

Unless you think "average veteran player" equates to "our biggest spenders who want everything now", but that would require data.

Less accessibility compared to other FO farms makes it a greater effort. Whether by physical button pushing, resource expenditure or luck in shard rotations in the crystal store, it’s still more effort.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I was thinking the exact opposite, r7 bb8 is such a gigantic waste.

Survive-ability. An r7 bb8 will hang in so much longer than a gear 12 bb8.

Palp had his day in the sun.... as did rey with bb8. However when all said and done gl kylo is probably not a sith, so unless his kit calls out palp.... that r7 has no synergy to be had with the gl unlock.

Gl rey is likely going to be paired with bb8, hero finn, hero poe and my guess is r2 for number 5. As hes good and worthy of r7 as well for durability alone.... you should be left with a relatively good team

Plap being awesome at r7 still has less meta use

All that said... fo has three at r3.... and res has only 2.... so thats a valid complaint
  • Did I miss a release date to start earning GL tickets somewhere? Until that's been released, there's no reason to get all upset about anything since there's possibly still time to farm RH Poe from whatever his drop location might be. (pssst, probably Cantina or DS/LS + Ship exactly for this reason).
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Did I miss a release date to start earning GL tickets somewhere? Until that's been released, there's no reason to get all upset about anything since there's possibly still time to farm RH Poe from whatever his drop location might be. (pssst, probably Cantina or DS/LS + Ship exactly for this reason).

I hope not on ships.... thats a real pain unless its in the first few levels.

Nest farm was quite slow for thos who had to do in ship.

• Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Did I miss a release date to start earning GL tickets somewhere? Until that's been released, there's no reason to get all upset about anything since there's possibly still time to farm RH Poe from whatever his drop location might be. (pssst, probably Cantina or DS/LS + Ship exactly for this reason).

Farms are not faster or slower based on the ls/ds/ship node they are on - unless you don't have enough energy to make all 5 attempts per day.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited March 2020

Yes. Ish. We can start farming tickets as soon as: A) The events launch in game (end of the month), and 2) you meet the pre-requisites.

So if you went for Resistance, you have to wait at least two weeks longer to earn tickets than someone that went for FO. Unless you're buying the character, that is.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »

Farms are not faster or slower based on the ls/ds/ship node they are on - unless you don't have enough energy to make all 5 attempts per day.

Likely true.... but doesnt feel that way
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Also

vjnieufvcv7x.jpg
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Oh and the followup question

mvrttyxhftjf.jpg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Oh and the followup question of what of the other characters was answered by kyno who said crumb couldnt comment at this time

I mean, does it matter?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Oh and the followup question of what of the other characters was answered by kyno who said crumb couldnt comment at this time

I mean, does it matter?

Nope. Probably not. Awareness only
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    As for the title, can you please link a post where they said it would be equal, or any reference as to what was dishonest or event misleading?

Well I would say that CG has sold this event all along as no panic farm required, yet the event will be released in April and Poe has yet to hit a farm location. Therefore, technically they are setting up a panic farm for Poe when they release him to farm (likely the week the event launches). That action could be legitimately construed as dishonest or misleading.

All that said, since it's a persistent event, I see this as not a huge issue. Also, I'm at the point where I could more or less give 2 you know whats about this game any longer. So there is that...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As for the title, can you please link a post where they said it would be equal, or any reference as to what was dishonest or event misleading?

Well I would say that CG has sold this event all along as no panic farm required, yet the event will be released in April and Poe has yet to hit a farm location. Therefore, technically they are setting up a panic farm for Poe when they release him to farm (likely the week the event launches). That action could be legitimately construed as dishonest or misleading.

All that said, since it's a persistent event, I see this as not a huge issue. Also, I'm at the point where I could more or less give 2 you know whats about this game any longer. So there is that...

If you want to make assumptions and extrapolate from what they have said and then call that dishonest or misleading go right ahead.

Can you provide a direct statement from them?

Also, do we have a timeline on the tickets? How much time does that add to the farm?

The event hasn't been released yet, if he is farmable by the time th event is released, what is the timeframe that is considered "reasonable" to farm? Has that been stated anywhere?

If it is an issues or not, that is a personal thing, but if someone is going to say they are not being honest about this, then they should provide conflicting quotes/details. Right now there are none stated.

Effort from player to player will be different, and having 1 late farm doesnt make one harder than the other, if there are other factors involved to consider "effort". We will just go in circles since there is no real measure of effort, at least not with the data we have, I'm sure they have one.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

If you want to make assumptions and extrapolate from what they have said and then call that dishonest or misleading go right ahead.

That's all people do here, man. It's just a big echo chamber of made up nonsense.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »

Also, do we have a timeline on the tickets? How much time does that add to the farm?

The event hasn't been released yet, if he is farmable by the time th event is released, what is the timeframe that is considered "reasonable" to farm? Has that been stated anywhere?

If it is an issues or not, that is a personal thing, but if someone is going to say they are not being honest about this, then they should provide conflicting quotes/details. Right now there are none stated.

Effort from player to player will be different, and having 1 late farm doesnt make one harder than the other, if there are other factors involved to consider "effort". We will just go in circles since there is no real measure of effort, at least not with the data we have, I'm sure they have one.

But then does that mean their idea of effort trumps all meaning of what we define effort as? Or what effort really is?

I’m legitimately asking, and full disclosure I’m not caring too much about GL. Wasn’t going to R7 any of the reqs any time soon due to other teams needing love first before I even start boarding the requisite gear and relic mats.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »
    I mean, are you telling me you are all set and everything is done farming completely except for resistance hero Poe? I feel like since this is a very long term end game farm, this is a minor gripe. Not to mention, if you simply followed the release cadence of the normal rollout for marquee characters, the result here is very deterministic.

I am done with everything except Poe, fearing Chewy, and one more relic on BB8, so... yeah.

But, while I’m not pleased that Poe hasn’t been released to at least a hard node (and he has to share a shipment slot with Rose, Holdo, and New Finn, whereas I think it’s just Hux and ST), I don’t agree with the OP. From what I’ve seen, the Resistance additions are far superior, and will presumably remain so once the GLs launch (I mean, I can’t remember a time where FO ever approached Resistance).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

But then does that mean their idea of effort trumps all meaning of what we define effort as? Or what effort really is?

I’m legitimately asking, and full disclosure I’m not caring too much about GL. Wasn’t going to R7 any of the reqs any time soon due to other teams needing love first before I even start boarding the requisite gear and relic mats.

Not at all, it means that I dont believe anyone here talking about effort has devised a system that takes all the moving parts into account to say which one is more effort, even for them, at least not in a way that is quantifiable.

But since we dont have all the player data like CG does, there really is no way to validate or negate their statement, even with a measurable standard of effort, unless there is a way to examine all the players in that standard.
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

This is EAs forum to discuss SWGoH. Most forums of this nature will be skewed to complaints as opposed to praises, it’s just how these things work.

I think a lot of this, especially the uninformed aspect, could be avoided if crumb would actually come through on his promise of a year and 10 months ago.

“What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?
    Enough about my life, what can I do for you?

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions such as why we balance this character like this, etc. Basically, be the conduit from the developer’s mouth to your ears...but conversations go both ways. We also need to listen to you to make this work. That would not be easy even if everyone in the community agreed on a direction! Players can engage with our game differently and therefore have many different needs. We need to understand and support all of these folks. In short, we have some listening to do, and we need to continue to build the conversation between all of us.

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. To be clear, this won’t happen overnight and we won’t get everything right the first time but we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you”

This!

People's evaluations about if some players should be ready or not on day one, whether they are whales or F2P, is completely irrelevant. Saying you're ok with how things are at the moment, simply because you're F2P and not ready for the event no matter what anyway, isn't giving any more credibility to what you're saying. Play at your own pace and that's all: no one is a standard for the whole community!

Fact #1: some people ARE gonna be ready on Day 1 when the event launch.

Fact #2: at the moment I'm writing this, with the infos they revealed so far, people that chose GL Rey are gonna be at a clear disadvantage vs people that chose FO, period. As long as we are talking about being ready on day one.

Now… if Crumb could clarify this very frustrating issue and let's say, confirm when & where exactly Poe is gonna be release, it would greatly helps! There was a few good comments on this too, like let's pretend Crumb confirms that Poe will be release soon, in cantina + fleet nodes... Then yes, it could compensate for the late release and it could then be consider as "equal" for both sides in the end… and then you guys can judge me as overreacting and mostly everyone's gonna be happy! :p

But so far, this isn't reality. Reality is this.
    lcx1kbc3wvs4.png

And this: they decided to release the event infos in a way that strongly suggests inequality between both sides, as long as we are still talking about being ready on day one. So am I overreacting about this? I don't think so. Some people think I'm overreacting about undisclosed infos, while I think I'm simply reacting to disclosed infos so far. Everything is about how & when they decide to reveal these infos and let's face it, they don't have a strong positive record about this…so we're still waiting!

Meanwhile, thanks everyone for participating to the discussion and for keeping it more civil than I did in the OP. :| Have a nice day >:)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Peperlu wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »

This is EAs forum to discuss SWGoH. Most forums of this nature will be skewed to complaints as opposed to praises, it’s just how these things work.

I think a lot of this, especially the uninformed aspect, could be avoided if crumb would actually come through on his promise of a year and 10 months ago.

“What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?
    Enough about my life, what can I do for you?

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions such as why we balance this character like this, etc. Basically, be the conduit from the developer’s mouth to your ears...but conversations go both ways. We also need to listen to you to make this work. That would not be easy even if everyone in the community agreed on a direction! Players can engage with our game differently and therefore have many different needs. We need to understand and support all of these folks. In short, we have some listening to do, and we need to continue to build the conversation between all of us.

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. To be clear, this won’t happen overnight and we won’t get everything right the first time but we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you”

This!

People's evaluations about if some players should be ready or not on day one, whether they are whales or F2P, is completely irrelevant. Saying you're ok with how things are at the moment, simply because you're F2P and not ready for the event no matter what anyway, isn't giving any more credibility to what you're saying. Play at your own pace and that's all: no one is a standard for the whole community!

Fact #1: some people ARE gonna be ready on Day 1 when the event launch.

Fact #2: at the moment I'm writing this, with the infos they revealed so far, people that chose GL Rey are gonna be at a clear disadvantage vs people that chose FO, period. As long as we are talking about being ready on day one.

Now… if Crumb could clarify this very frustrating issue and let's say, confirm when & where exactly Poe is gonna be release, it would greatly helps! There was a few good comments on this too, like let's pretend Crumb confirms that Poe will be release soon, in cantina + fleet nodes... Then yes, it could compensate for the late release and it could then be consider as "equal" for both sides in the end… and then you guys can judge me as overreacting and mostly everyone's gonna be happy! :p

But so far, this isn't reality. Reality is this.
    lcx1kbc3wvs4.png

And this: they decided to release the event infos in a way that strongly suggests inequality between both sides, as long as we are still talking about being ready on day one. So am I overreacting about this? I don't think so. Some people think I'm overreacting about undisclosed infos, while I think I'm simply reacting to disclosed infos so far. Everything is about how & when they decide to reveal these infos and let's face it, they don't have a strong positive record about this…so we're still waiting!

Meanwhile, thanks everyone for participating to the discussion and for keeping it more civil than I did in the OP. :| Have a nice day >:)

Would you mind clarifying what you are using to gauge the total farm for Kylo vs Rey that is making this not equal in your mind? That may help explain why you think they need to do something extra to compensate the current situation.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yes you are overreacting. Their goal was that both of these toons require equal amount of effort (12 toons at relics and one capital ship)

They never said both will be equally hard. Saying something is a goal doesn't mean they said it will be like so