So much for the GL requirements

13Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Peperlu wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »

This is EAs forum to discuss SWGoH. Most forums of this nature will be skewed to complaints as opposed to praises, it’s just how these things work.

I think a lot of this, especially the uninformed aspect, could be avoided if crumb would actually come through on his promise of a year and 10 months ago.

“What Can CG_Crumb Do For Me?
    Enough about my life, what can I do for you?

I will have a variety of responsibilities as Community Manager but a core part of my day to day will be improving our communication with you. I want to let you behind the curtain as much as I can and bring you in on why we make decisions such as why we balance this character like this, etc. Basically, be the conduit from the developer’s mouth to your ears...but conversations go both ways. We also need to listen to you to make this work. That would not be easy even if everyone in the community agreed on a direction! Players can engage with our game differently and therefore have many different needs. We need to understand and support all of these folks. In short, we have some listening to do, and we need to continue to build the conversation between all of us.

I expect a good part of my job will be handing requests from both sides trying to communicate and get more information about the other. Expect more on this topic later.
    This is not something that only I am passionate about improving but I have been told repeatedly, this is an important priority for us. To be clear, this won’t happen overnight and we won’t get everything right the first time but we will unrelentingly drive towards making it better. That’s my promise to you”

This!

People's evaluations about if some players should be ready or not on day one, whether they are whales or F2P, is completely irrelevant. Saying you're ok with how things are at the moment, simply because you're F2P and not ready for the event no matter what anyway, isn't giving any more credibility to what you're saying. Play at your own pace and that's all: no one is a standard for the whole community!

Fact #1: some people ARE gonna be ready on Day 1 when the event launch.

Fact #2: at the moment I'm writing this, with the infos they revealed so far, people that chose GL Rey are gonna be at a clear disadvantage vs people that chose FO, period. As long as we are talking about being ready on day one.

Now… if Crumb could clarify this very frustrating issue and let's say, confirm when & where exactly Poe is gonna be release, it would greatly helps! There was a few good comments on this too, like let's pretend Crumb confirms that Poe will be release soon, in cantina + fleet nodes... Then yes, it could compensate for the late release and it could then be consider as "equal" for both sides in the end… and then you guys can judge me as overreacting and mostly everyone's gonna be happy! :p

But so far, this isn't reality. Reality is this.
    lcx1kbc3wvs4.png

And this: they decided to release the event infos in a way that strongly suggests inequality between both sides, as long as we are still talking about being ready on day one. So am I overreacting about this? I don't think so. Some people think I'm overreacting about undisclosed infos, while I think I'm simply reacting to disclosed infos so far. Everything is about how & when they decide to reveal these infos and let's face it, they don't have a strong positive record about this…so we're still waiting!

Meanwhile, thanks everyone for participating to the discussion and for keeping it more civil than I did in the OP. :| Have a nice day >:)

Would you mind clarifying what you are using to gauge the total farm for Kylo vs Rey that is making this not equal in your mind? That may help explain why you think they need to do something extra to compensate the current situation.

Are you asking this question as a mod or a member?

Both.

To further the conversation and make sure that the correct feeling is conveyed with this message.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I won't go with the op's line of thought. Will just put down mine. There's an objective difference in between difficulties of requirements of both GL. While mileage and impact of this will vary for each individual player the difference is indeed quantifiable.

-The need for gear are the same. Cancels each other out.
    -Character kit quality opinions have no impact as they are subjective and don't relate to resources.
    -There's one event+6 days difference in between capital ship releases in favor of Rez. One event advantage is exactly 10 extra shards. 6 days aren't directly quantifiable.
    -Two new FO toons both hit the tables on 2/12. One of the new Rez toons hit the table on 2/27 and the other one yet to be seen. So 15 days of extra farming for one and unknown interval for the other one, 30 days and counting.

So the final toll is the difference between 10 cap shard+6 event days VS. (15 days of map farming)+(30 days+X map farming)

As an example
    15 days of farming advantage
    with no refills: 75 tries*%33=25 shards
    1 refill=50 shards
    2 refills=75 shards

I took the dates from swgoh events assuming they are correct. We have yet to see if Poe placement will offset the visible disadvantage for Rez the above picture yields.

Lastly as my opinion while not calculable comparetively cantina or ship placement of Poe also coincides with gear/relic mat farming towards requirements so neither can completely cancel the farming time difference. If each player put down the math with their own condition Rez side will cost more resources, resources+time or time.
  • Peperlu wrote: »
    So CG, how do you intend to compensate most players that went for GL Rey mainly because of the TB Geo LS and that are now screwed big time, having a required toon we can't farm at all at the moment?
    While on the other hand, everyone who went for the GL Kylo already have an automatic major advantage, with everything that's required being already farmable since a long time?

(CG obviously have no clue what I'm talking about, so I better name it or they probly won't understand: RESISTANCE POE!!!)

How can you push out such a major event in which we have to make a choice AND not be smart enough to put both sides on an equal level?? We already got to farm Hero Finn way later than Hux and ST and we were already at a disavantage and now this… I mean seriously?? You got us used to bad decisions here and there since forever, and on a pretty regular basis! But this… this is quite a new level of poor logic!!

If you wanted to force an extra paywall on us with Resistance Poe, that would sucks but it's your right, but why not do it for both sides then?! That's so completely stupid...

Now please, tell me the whole team was on drugs and this is a mistake?

Edit. Ofc I'm not really asking for a compensation... it just needs to be equal on both sides, like they said it'd be!

Should have whaled when he came out. These GL are not FTP friendly at the start. Why should they be?
  • Waiting for OP to post his .gg page showing he’s 100% ready other than Poe
  • Glauron wrote: »
    I'm not usually a CG-supporting person, but can we please not panic until the event drops? With one refresh you can farm 3 shards/day average on the two FO and HFinn. If they release HPoe on cantina, you can easily farm 3-4x that with 3 refreshes. If you need 250 shards for the first situation you are looking at 80-90 days, while a cantina farm can be done in like 30.

As an additional bonus, CG messes with our relic farming. Expect Poe on a cantina node shortly.

I am expecting a ship node to mess with my gear farming.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Are FTPs actually ready for the event other then farming Poe? (I’m 30 days away from getting all the relic mats)

I think I am 30 days away from having my GAS and 501st at a reasonable level to call them done before starting on one of the GL's.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    It is not the same reward between GL Rey and Kylo.

Kylo as clearly advantage because of two points :

- Toons were accessible far before (hux and sith trooper instead of poe, Finalyzer only needed 5*, easy to get)
    - Palp at r7 is much more useful and give a good sith/empire team instead of bb8 r7 (no need for him to be r7 AT ALL)

(and I don t include Rose Tico which is clearly useless everywhere)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Raddish is also only 5* and was available first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You cant compare raddus-finalyzer requirement with poe-hux that is exactly my point @TVF thanks for pointing it.

One is required only 5* the other 7* relic
  • My point is :
    The requirement (not what will be actually needed to succeed) is harder to get to be ready for launching and less useful for GL rey.

It is not equal.

What will be really needed (7* ship or relic 7 for every toons) i dont know it is only speculation
  • People are actually missing the real unequal part ...

GL Rey requires 1 heroes journey (jtr) and one legendary (bb8) vs only one legendary (palp) for the GL kylo. The heroes journey character in order to be achieved is a harder achievement that requires more effort (that is, you had to farm a character outside the 13, vet Han, for that unlock and beat 6 tiers of an event. And, if you relic your Finn before doing the event, it's not actually possible to beat (try the second to last stage with relic Finn... Kylo can't defeat him, lol) than farming the other characters alone. The bb8 and EP requirements balance each other out (both require 5 other characters to unlock). So under no metric are those actually equal requirements or effort if you look at the complete package. The farming of a character, whatever location, is same effort. They never said same effort from day 1 of the event, so ultimately it will take the same effort to get hux or rose or rhp or kru to 7stars.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    My point is :
    The requirement (not what will be actually needed to succeed) is harder to get to be ready for launching and less useful for GL rey.

It is not equal.

What will be really needed (7* ship or relic 7 for every toons) i dont know it is only speculation

They did say there is no ship phase, so 5* Raddus/finalizer is all you need.
  • Azza wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    My point is :

It is not equal.

They did say there is no ship phase, so 5* Raddus/finalizer is all you need.

Thanks for the info !
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    My main question to @CG_SBCrumb persists...

Will GLR and GLK be unlocked and tickets to be earned at 3/13 or 6/13 meaning anyone with those requirements done can earn tickets and unlock the toon and just the ability’s of the toon are unlocked with 9/13 and 13/13

It will you require 13/13 to start earning tickets(this doesn’t make sense to me as if you have all 13 ready to go it’s only a ticket wall stopping full upgrade). Also fueled by the quote “there will be a limit on max tickets held” to me this shows tickets can be earned starting without all stages done and Hence will give lots of time to finish farming.

Or the elephant just screw you player base option of needing both Kylo and Rey level completion to start the event (personally don’t see it happening but was not directly said otherwise either

I really have no bias as I skipped GAS and am just shy of maxed and ready to go for Kylo... the main affect it will have on me is my Hux and Trooper are 6* and Palp needs a couple relics still. If they slow roll it I’m done spending and will have time to finish the rest for day one, if not I’ll have to spend to get hux and trooper to 7* and probably need relic material from cantina if the event is released at full 13/13 needed to start and at the end of March beginning of April.

I think if CG actually addresses this it would calm a lot of the Safari Poe issues. But just my two sense I know me and Kylo didn’t fully agree on what we think will happen in the end.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Foxer wrote: »
    My main question to CG_SBCrumb persists...

Will GLR and GLK be unlocked and tickets to be earned at 3/13 or 6/13 meaning anyone with those requirements done can earn tickets and unlock the toon and just the ability’s of the toon are unlocked with 9/13 and 13/13

It will you require 13/13 to start earning tickets(this doesn’t make sense to me as if you have all 13 ready to go it’s only a ticket wall stopping full upgrade). Also fueled by the quote “there will be a limit on max tickets held” to me this shows tickets can be earned starting without all stages done and Hence will give lots of time to finish farming.

Or the elephant just screw you player base option of needing both Kylo and Rey level completion to start the event (personally don’t see it happening but was not directly said otherwise either

I really have no bias as I skipped GAS and am just shy of maxed and ready to go for Kylo... the main affect it will have on me is my Hux and Trooper are 6* and Palp needs a couple relics still. If they slow roll it I’m done spending and will have time to finish the rest for day one, if not I’ll have to spend to get hux and trooper to 7* and probably need relic material from cantina if the event is released at full 13/13 needed to start and at the end of March beginning of April.

I think if CG actually addresses this it would calm a lot of the Safari Poe issues. But just my two sense I know me and Kylo didn’t fully agree on what we think will happen in the end.

I conveyed this to him after he responded to this post. They have another lost coming about the event, it should be clarified there.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    . And, if you relic your Finn before doing the event, it's not actually possible to beat (try the second to last stage with relic Finn... Kylo can't defeat him, lol) .

I tried this... you can hit auto basic and kylonwill eventually win. Just cant do full auto or his heal special will keep him alive. Its coded so Finn will miss kylo so he cant health steal.